It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:52 pm 

Taking Kid Post One and Kid Post Two to the racetrack on Friday night.

This will be Kid Post Two's first trip there. When I told Kid Post One this morning that we were going to the race on Friday he was very excited.

Any suggestions from the horse players would be appreciated. We'll be there for the first post time, but likely won't stay all night.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
I'm not at all familiar with that particular Racetrack. But if they have any kind of paddock or walking ring, that's a great place to see the horses up close. You may want to get down to the rail and watch the end of a race as well.

It's also a great opportunity to point out the degenerates that are there and provide a cautionary tale.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:26 am 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
I'm not at all familiar with that particular Racetrack. But if they have any kind of paddock or walking ring, that's a great place to see the horses up close. You may want to get down to the rail and watch the end of a race as well.

It's also a great opportunity to point out the degenerates that are there and provide a cautionary tale.

Uh, I'm not looking for suggestions on where to see the fucking horses, I'm looking for some potential winners.

Come on boys, who you got for me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I'll take a look when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:20 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Early races preferably, kids thing...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
4th Race: I think the 7 Ears A Winner has a chance at a good price.

5th Race: I like the chances of the 6 Dauntless Prince to go wire to wire.

9th Race: The 2 Sardabling is the only horse in the field that isn't a proven loser. Pretty sharp works.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Howdy One P $1 dogs n Beer :D Know you been to the Quarter Horses there ...now Thoroughbreds different game
Race 1 the 1& 1a look like mighty tuff entry bet a 1 &1 Dailey Double
Race 2 #1 Kat Dude running against 1st starters others have terrible form
Race 3 #5 Tough Charlie will be tough
Race 4 6-8-10 Tri Box back up the truck

Good Luck$$$$$$$$

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:20 pm 

Appreciate the picks fellas.

WWN with the winner in the first three.

One Post did a bad job of being a dad so we missed the first race. The two Post kids were hungry so I didn’t get to pull up this thread for race two.

Oldest post kid picked the horse that finished dead last in race two, he proceeded to have a full on meltdown. Crying, saying his horse was stupid, etc. it was awful. So it was a struggle there for a while.

I placed WWN 4 horse play in the fourth race. He nailed 3 of 4 but the 11 horse jumped in there.

The next race was the race JORR called #6 to go wire to wire. I told the Post kids that my fried Joe Orr Road Rod said to pick the #6, so they did. Was really looking for a winner at this point for the kids. The horse finishes second because of course it does. It would have been a wire to wire like JORR called it, but, and I don’t know much about racing, but it looked like the 6 jockey steer d the 6 horse into the rail on the homestretch. There was a protest but the results held up and 10 was the winner.

6th race was the last race we stayed for, the Post kids bet the two favorites and we watched it at the finish line. Their horse won so we went home happy. It was a great night at the track all considered, and th first night at the track for youngest post - 3 yo.

No, lie in the parking lot they asked why we didn’t meet my friend Joe or my friend Rod...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:26 pm 

:thumleft: :thumright:
One Post wrote:

One Post did a bad job of being a dad so we missed the first race. The two Post kids were hungry so I didn’t get to pull up this thread for race two.

Oldest post kid picked the horse that finished dead last in race two, he proceeded to have a full on meltdown. Crying, saying his horse was stupid, etc. it was awful. So it was a struggle there for a while.

I placed WWN 4 horse play in the fourth race. He nailed 3 of 4 but the 11 horse jumped in there.

The next race was the race JORR called #6 to go wire to wire. I told the Post kids that my fried Joe Orr Road Rod said to pick the #6, so they did. Was really looking for a winner at this point for the kids. The horse finishes second because of course it does. It would have been a wire to wire like JORR called it, but, and I don’t know much about racing, but it looked like the 6 jockey steer d the 6 horse into the rail on the homestretch. There was a protest but the results held up and 10 was the winner.

6th race was the last race we stayed for, the Post kids bet the two favorites and we watched it at the finish line. Their horse won so we went home happy. It was a great night at the track all considered, and th first night at the track for youngest post - 3 yo.

No, lie in the parking lot they asked why we didn’t meet my friend Joe or my friend Rod...

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:33 am 

One Post wrote:

Simply explain Uncle Joe isn't allowed within 100 yards of anyone under the age of 18 :D

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
4th Race: I think the 7 Ears A Winner has a chance at a good price.

5th Race: I like the chances of the 6 Dauntless Prince to go wire to wire.

9th Race: The 2 Sardabling is the only horse in the field that isn't a proven loser. Pretty sharp works.

Good luck!

WWN always likes to see things out.... the 9th I played the 11 also an eye on JORR 1st starter well my horse sprinted to the lead while Joe's horse was compromised at the break while mine jumped out to a 4.5 length lead....then who comes Cha Cha down the lane but the 2 :shock: No one I'd rather be beat out by than JORR ...who am I bullshitting I hate losing :lol:

I'm out.