It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Some very nice races, with a lot of impact on the triple crown. Last year’s Derby Winner and Preakness winner both prepped here (Country House and War of Will)…handicapping overnight, gonna be at the uc all day tomorrow so I’ll be punching and running…too bad because these odds are really going to fluctuate especially on this first one… the weather should be good and there are some real opportunities at Fairgrounds on Saturday…good luck everyone.

Race 12 Risen Star 1
Honest pace, very contentious…many faced each other here at the Lecomte

The 8-Enforceable seems logical and is coming off a brilliant Lecomte but won’t get the pace setup here and will be overbet…he does get Leparoux in the irons but that may not be enough as he will face many of that same field…tough to (re) beat at this level…and a very good way to make money against

The 2- Silver State came in second in that race after a troubled trip, but he too, while very talented, may be pace compromised.

The 9- Mr.Monmoy finished third in that race and is out of Palice Malice and should relish the extra distance. The human connections (Cox/Geroux) work really well in this spot as well.

The horse that finished 5th that day will be getting really juicy odds with the talented Joel Rosario aboard…the 11-Scabbard didn’t have much of an effort that day but could rebound in a big way. Unfortunately, his trainer struggles on big days.

Pletcher, a guy who doesn’t shrink on big days, could sneak onto the derby trail via Tampa with the 10-Farmington Road. The 7-Blackberrwine is a wicked fast colt that could go gate to wire, the 1-Digital deserves a look…yeesh

9-8-2-7-1

Race 13 Risen Star 2

I love the way the 11-Mailman Money finished routing on this course last month. I mean loved it.

The 8–Anneau d’or will be overbet and therefore not for me…

1-Modernest keeps going farther and keeps getting better…hmmmmm

5-Liam’s Lucky Charms-Very fond of this colt….6/6 ITM career

7-Major Fed gets a major upgrade in the irons with Leparoux and I’m guessing will be the second choice

The 10-Finnick the Fierce has kept some very good company (Tiz the Law and Enforceable) while demonstrating a strong finishing ability…

this one is also wide open

Mailing it in…

11-1-8-10-7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I think Scabbard is going to be my key horse in the first division.

I'm interested in Major Fed in the the second division. I have to disagree with OTE that Leparoux is a big upgrade over my guy Brian Hernandez though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
well over bet it is

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:59 pm 

7th race Verb owners high on him wheeling him right back

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

I've got Space Mountain on all my tickets here.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:13 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Some very nice races,

Race 12 Risen Star 1
9-8-2-7-1

Cold Trifecta!

Race 13 Risen Star 2
11-1-8-10-7

The 1 continues to improve

I wish I was able to translate my handicapping skills to the technology needed, but I would have offered evidence of nailing an eighteen hundred dollar return on a 70 buck (spread) pick four...it's going to be a great spring :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:04 am 
Site Admin

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Some very nice races,

Race 12 Risen Star 1
9-8-2-7-1

Cold Trifecta!

Race 13 Risen Star 2
11-1-8-10-7

I wish I was able to translate my handicapping skills to the technology needed, but I would have offered evidence of nailing an eighteen hundred dollar return on a 70 buck (spread) pick four...it's going to be a great spring :D

Nice.

I like this group of three year olds too. There doesn't seem to be a real standout (unless you believe in Tiz The Law) which should create betting opportunities.

I think the Fairgrounds lengthening the preps has worked and Louisiana has a very strong group this year. Could be the second year in a row that the Derby winner comes out of the Louisiana Derby.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:48 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Some very nice races,

Race 12 Risen Star 1
9-8-2-7-1

Cold Trifecta!

Race 13 Risen Star 2
11-1-8-10-7

Nice.

I like this group of three year olds too. There doesn't seem to be a real standout (unless you believe in Tiz The Law) which should create betting opportunities.

I think the Fairgrounds lengthening the preps has worked and Louisiana has a very strong group this year. Could be the second year in a row that the Derby winner comes out of the Louisiana Derby.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, did you see the latest "Horse of a Lifetime" he rolled out there yesterday?

Of course there's no doubt another one of his drug addicts might win this year's Derby.