It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's just a Fantasy
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Oak Lawn....thank God for the Sport of Kings for keeping us bettors satiated while everyone else is pulling their puds, To the race... Harvey's Lil Goil is sitting on a huge effort,,,working good after a fine win at the Big A. Working like a bear for this...will "slingshot" to the lead as they say in Arkansas :D

I'm out.

Post subject: Re: It's just a Fantasy
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I think Harvey's Lil Goil has a decent shot in there but I'd be absolutely shocked if anyone but Venetian Harbor is on the lead.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:38 am 

Which race is this you guys are talking about, sorry?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:39 am 
Site Admin

Hawg Ass wrote:
Which race is this you guys are talking about, sorry?

The ninth at Oaklawn today.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
It is a great weekend of racing at Oaklawn on Kentucky Derby weekend. Initial thoughts on Saturday’s late P4

Race 11- Arkansas Derby (I)…It will be quite difficult for anyone to stop 1-Charlatan, perhaps Baffert’s best 3YO this year which is saying a lot. He’ll have the rail, is simply faster than others here and has been pointed for this day. I’ll have him on top singled in most tickets…however things happen so I’ll have smaller ticket with 4-Gouveneur Morris 8-Anneau d’Or and the 11-Basin on top if the logical winners if the 1 doesn’t show up
1/ 4-8-11-3

Race 12-Boy if I could afford the ALL ball here I would. I’ll be interested in seeing if you guys have any thoughts on this one. It will generate a huge price whoever wins. Pace-wise it should be pretty brisk with a fair amount of inside horses going to the lead, although I’m not sure if there will be anything chaotic. 4-Mr. Freeze has Talamo, one of Oaklawn’s top jock and two previous huge speed numbers in his last two, but has been off for 2 months…5-Identifier is over-classed, just like he was last month when he paid huge…7-Combatant sent out by Sadler who knows how top place these horses and gets Rosario in the irons…9-Tacitus, fits on class alone but hasn’t found the winner’s circle in over a year…10-Captivating Moon will be running late at huge price…12-By My Standards 3rd race off layoff could be sitting on one…14-Improbable Baffert’s horse stuck outside, fits nonetheless
7-14-10-9/ 5-4-12

Race 13-Arkansas Derby (II)…seems to have a lot of speed up front with horses going farther than most have gone…3-Storm The Court will get some attention, but I question this west coast horse getting the distance and his last 3 races have all gotten slower…4-King Guillermo had an outstanding win last out at the Tampa Derby (and paid a shitload as well). If Camacho (who’s been on fire in Florida) can get him to relax, he could win right back…5-Nadal, Baffert’s horse likely the favorite, hard to beat with Rosario up, and his workout tab is ridiculous…7- Silver Prospector is in a great spot here and if there is a pace meltdown he may be the beneficiary-as too will the 10-Farmington Road, the only true closer of the group…11-Wells Bayou will have to work out a trip from the outside, but Geroux could pull it off, but I think he’s going to burn out. Nadal and Wells Bayou will be hot early and if anyone joins them they could be going too fast and it may set up for the 7 or the 10

7-10-5-4-1

Race 14 Allowance-1 3/8 Mile...Rare marathon distance…I tend to rely very heavily on pedigree here, so that affects my choices…4-Magic Vow came in 3rd here couple weeks ago, can get the distance but not on top…the 5-Carlos Sixes won that day, has enough speed and bred for distance and has crazy trainer numbers in this spot…10-Wild About You 10 year old son of Milwaukee Brew (love over distance) is 1 for 1 at this length, underneath? 12-She Might Tell 5 YO girl (lady, she’s a mare) running with the boys could score underneath…11-The Rouge Diesel…only 7 wins in 53 starts, but 4 of them here at OP at 3 of them at this distance

And finally my horse maybe for the weekend…14-River Echo…this horse has been claimed by several top trainers in the last 6 months and only finished out of the money in 1 out of his last 7 races…will work to get 1st over and look out as he is bred to go long…(Plus us Echo’s have to stick together)

14-5-10-11-4

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:56 pm 

(redboarding, but just hit that last exacta...may get more aggressive)

Curious what you guys think of the virtual race of horse legends tomorrow…seems a bit cheesy but I welcome the dialogue about history’s great equines…also…

Today’s late Pick 4…you didn’t ask for it, but that won’t stop me

Race 7-indecision in later legs is forcing me to try to single here, and that will be the 3-KJ’s Notability…a second ticket will have the 1,2,4,8-11 on top and thinned out below

Race 8-3-Gingham drops, adds blinkers and here’s a stat, Baffert and Garcia here at OP the last month-5/5…single

2-Piece of My Heart sneaky good trainer in this spot, fits on so many levels…4-Turnstone good at this track/distance may surprise at huge price…5-Daphne Moon completely woke up here in her last start, but could bounce…7-Strong Flag fits on many levels here…8-Comical ran 2nd in the slop, could step up here…10-Antoinette would have to step up but could

3/7-2

Race 9-I agree with JORR on the 2-Ventian Harbor getting the lead, but off the layoff may fade…3-Swiss Skydiver is for real and should finish ITM…4-Lake Ave, classy, huge value…Walts 5-Harvey’s Lil Goil fits on the class rise…love the 7-Shedaresthedevil, because girls who run in the Honeybee are wildly successful in this particular race, same goes as well for the 14-Alta’s Award

7-4-3/14-5-2

Race 10-the 6 and 7 should be1,2 in price and maybe order of finish, but there could be some prices elsewhere in this finale…the 5-Rahway could awaken on the drop for Maker with a huge jock upgrade to Geroux…10-Unique Factor 3rd off layoff, great trainer stats here…13-Stirred drops and cuts back, in good form, too

5-7-6-10/ 13-5

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:05 pm 

Out of the P4 which was my focus, but the profits of the exactas are serving me well...trying to beat the 3...heavy WPS for the 3,4,7 and lighter for the 14...trying to catch some big prices

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

Big price on that horse. I had her as the highest fig in the race by quite a bit and she did it at today's distance. I just didn't have a lot of faith in the fig coming from Gulfstream.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:42 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Out of the P4 which was my focus, but the profits of the exactas are serving me well...trying to beat the 3...heavy WPS for the 3,4,7 and lighter for the 14...trying to catch some big prices

# Horse Jockey Win Place Show
3 Swiss Skydiver Hernandez, Jr. B J $34.20 $10.00 $5.80
2 Venetian Harbor Prat F - $3.80 $3.20
7 Shedaresthedevil Rosario J - - $4.40
14 Alta's Award Santana, Jr. R - - -

Maybe tomorrow we can generate some more traction...cause people are busy...now

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Crazy race 1:35 for the mile.....tomorrow

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:20 pm 

Looking forward to tomorrow :D

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 6:25 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see

Nailed that big exacta 2-3 in the 9th yesterday at OP.

Don't see there being surprises today in th Ark. Derby in either division.

Div. 1 - Charlatan

Div. 2 - King Guillermo, Wells Bayou, Farmington Rd.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:47 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:

And finally my horse maybe for the weekend…14-River Echo…this horse has been claimed by several top trainers in the last 6 months and only finished out of the money in 1 out of his last 7 races…will work to get 1st over and look out as he is bred to go long…(Plus us Echo’s have to stick together)

14-5-10-11-4

hello trifecta key box :D