Post subject: Re: Saratoga Opener
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
my Saratoga P4 just got Shelacko'd :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:21 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Much more focused on the Spa today, but race 11 at Monmouth The United Nations hasn't had a favorite win in 17 years...I like the 5-Aquaphobia for Maker...and while the Haskell is a two horse race probably I love the idea of NY Traffic upsetting everyone

:D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Much more focused on the Spa today, but race 11 at Monmouth The United Nations hasn't had a favorite win in 17 years...I like the 5-Aquaphobia for Maker...and while the Haskell is a two horse race probably I love the idea of NY Traffic upsetting everyone

Yes sir!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:54 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

:evil:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Hit the EX in the Wolf Hill with Archidust and American Sailor.

Will show if anyone wants to see it.

Glad I didn't hang it up after the Haskell. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:33 pm 

could have been better and may end up with nothing else to show for it but alive to the P3 at Sara...4,5,7,8,9,10 and also alive in the P4 at Monmouth 1,2,5,11..could have, should have

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:32 pm 

That worked out well :cheers: \

And all of a sudden I'm going back to work...really going to have to figure out a way to sign in off my ipad to finish up saratoga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:57 pm 

I love the 4-Barleewon in the 9th at Saratoga...will build my P4 ticket around him

Think Volatile will run away in the Vanderbilt, but I still love the classy Whitmore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
I love the 4-Barleewon in the 9th at Saratoga...will build my P4 ticket around him

Think Volatile will run away in the Vanderbilt, but I still love the classy Whitmore

I loved Barlee won also....threw out the anchor in the stretch.....2nd in the 1st let's bounce back today!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:59 pm 

No one watching Saratoga and the Whitney today?

Tom's D'etat is overpriced at 6/5, but projects well in all phases of the race. I have him at about 5-2. I like Improbable here based on recent form, but think that Code of Honor could also surprise with four-time Whitney winner, Velasquez, riding. Code of Honor has the edge in LP and is the winning-est horse in the field by purse.

That said, Tom's D'etat still has the best chance to win by the numbers. I'm just rooting for Improbable or Code of Honor.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:55 pm 

I had a very nice day the last two days going after vulnerable favorites. :D

Finally got a day where I can play…looking mostly at Saratoga, but Ellis Park has some really good fields today as well….Saratoga first

Race 7-I think if the 2-Dowese’s Beach starts drawing money he would be quite vulnerable and would really go after him…I just kept ending up on the 9-Square Shooter, just never comfortable choosing Diodoro’s horses...the 5-Shrirazz is in great form and would not surprise

Race 8 is gonna be really fast up front and I’m looking at the 9-Midnight Whiskey (note the “e”)…horse has had 3 races, gotten faster in each and has the best closer in the game aboard, 15-1 would be unbelievable

Race 9 goes 1 ¾ miles and I’ve had success handicapping based mostly on the pedigree of the dam and how successful she was at longer distances…I’m hoping the 6-Moreti will attract a lot of the money so I can get a good price on the 5-Rocketry who is my best pick today. This guys bloodlines, plus the fact that while most competitors in this race haven’t run this far, this guy has done it twice and been in the money both.

Race 10-another tough leg in that it is very even competition. I ended up with the 3-Buena Fina and the 8-Double Advantage, but will try to work the 5-Kickin Kirby and the 9-Height onto some tickets

At Ellis Park, which actually has a nice turf course, the latter part of the cards is quite good…

In Race 7 I really like 3 different horses...the 1-Mr. Misunderstood, the 7-Don’tblamerocket and I gotta throw in my old friend the 12-Hog Creek Hustle

Race 8 The 5-Morticia is simply an awesome, and 12-1 on the 7-Lead Guitar won’t be there but worth a wager

Race 9 the 3-Daddy is a Legend makes a lot of sense, but a couple of prices underneath would be the 9-Crystal Lake (shoutout) and the 2-Frond

And in the final you could single the 11-Factor This, but I’d find a spot for the 8-Ry’s the guy as well as the 4-Bourbon Revolution

Good Luck

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:47 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Saratoga first

Race 7-I think if the 2-Dowese’s Beach starts drawing money he would be quite vulnerable and would really go after him…I just kept ending up on the 9-Square Shooter, just never comfortable choosing Diodoro’s horses...the 5-Shrirazz is in great form and would not surprise

Walt, Rube, JORR, Hawg...I know you're out there...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Saratoga first

Nice!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:19 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Saratoga first

Meadow Dance in the 8th at EP

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:16 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Saratoga first

I wasn't following today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:01 pm 

accountability is important, no?

OscarTangoEcho wrote:

Race 7- 2-Dowese’s Beach (2nd) 5-Shrirazz (1st $11.40)

Race 8 9-Midnight Whiskey (nope)

Race 9 6-Moreti (1st) 5-Rocketry (3rd)

Race 10-3-Buena Fina (1st $ 8.40) 5-Kickin Kirby (3rd) and the 9-Height (2nd)

At Ellis Park, which actually has a nice turf course, the latter part of the cards is quite good…

In Race 7 I really like 3 different horses...the 1-Mr. Misunderstood (2nd) the 7-Don’tblamerocket (4th) and I gotta throw in my old friend the 12-Hog Creek Hustle (uh, no)

Race 8 The 5-Morticia is simply an awesome, and 12-1 on the 7-Lead Guitar won’t be there but worth a wager (Clueless here)

Race 9 the 3-Daddy is a Legend nope,9-Crystal Lake (shoutout) nope..and the 2-Frond (3rd)

And in the final you could single the 11-Factor This, solid, solid horse...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:32 am 

Saratoga-Graveyard of Champions…will the favorites go down today? One can hope…Travers Day today

Race 7….tricky race…the 9-Pink Sands is hard closing horse that will get as nice a set up as possible as the favorite the 1-Serengetti Express will bolt from the rail and many will be up at the front end…could set up nicely at a huge price!

Race 9 is a G3 turf marathon where I believe pedigree is the greatest asset and that’s why I ended up on the 4-My Sister Nat…probably put a line thru the 1-Mrs. Sippy’s last and should be the heavy favorite, and difficult to overcome

Race 10 there will be some short prices which sets up nicely for the 3-Mrs Danvers who has run well against some against some flattering company…against Gamine here but may be forced to use him horizontally

Race11 Travers I firmly believe in the 6-Tiz the Law and don’t think distance will be an issue…the 3-Uncle Chuck will get some action and should based on his morning workouts-Baffert has him pointed at this effort…2-Country Grammer won a G3 here last month, but didn’t really beat anyone…but he is getting better each race

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:47 am 
Site Admin

I'm right with you today. I think both Shug horses have big chances. I'm going deep in the Travers in the multis. I'm not sure how cranked the horses pointing for the Derby will be. I'm sure Sackatoga would like to win at home, but not at the cost of gutting the horse for Louisville.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:20 pm 

The Ballerina Victim of Love lays close to the pace and then pounces

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:09 pm 

Saratoga 0809

Race 7…Really like the run back angle for the 5-MoMeMoMy getting a huge jock upgrade…the 4-Aunt Nadine gets a nod for her daddy and last out….and the 3-Abby Normal gets on my ticket because, well Young Frankenstein

Race 8 This leg is wide open…think the well named 5-Mr.Jaggers (Dicken's fans will understand) might be the class of the group but I’ll spread wide here and include to some degree the 1,2,3 and 8

Race 9 The Alydar…short field with the scratch…the 1-Endorsed is the heavy favorite for his success in Graded Stakes, but I also like the 4-It’s All Relevant who is simply fast and the jock, though not a big name, has been on his back in the winners circle several times before

Race 10 is maidens and I think the 9-Pier Forty, which drops and is trained by Asmussen should graduate…I also like the 8-Brunate who has been facing similar and finishing ITM, and the same for the 1-Imperio D

At Ellis Park in Race 10…while I have nothing but respect for the 4-Art Collector, I think there is value in the exotics combining that horse with the 2-Anneau D’or, the 3-Sprawl and the 9-Dean Martini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:30 pm 

Saratoga 0815 Late Pick 4

Race 8…2-Decorated Invader, fits but might be a vulnerable favorite…think about these-the 6-Colonial Liam , 5-Gufo and the 4-Domestic Spending, who is spending is mornings running with some really, really good company, thus giving him courage

Race 9…the 5-Swiss Skydiver has generated a lot of funds this way, but today is not her day, she’s been kinda strung out across the country in some grueling races…tremendous filly but not today…I ended up on both the 1-Envoutante and the 2-Spice is Nice

Race 10 Think this comes down to the 1-Maxwell Esq. and the 2-Shirazz….each will get great rides (Saez/Rosario) with the 2 going for the lead and the 1 sitting just off, and a great finish

Race 11…think both the 4-Bricco (jock Saez is doing quite well in this meet) and the 6-Michael’s Bad Boy who has been close at Belmont in his last two…both make sense...the 3-Brickyard gets a nice jock upgrade, price too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:47 pm 

Nice job by #2 Amadora and jockey Angel Arroyo in the 5th at GP.

Horse fought the jockey on the back stretch three behind the leader and then made a brilliant move to the outside down the stretch to beat two favorites at 2-1.

I really liked this horse. Daughter of two-time Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile Champion and Santa Anita Derby Winner, Goldenscents.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:38 pm 

Next race at Saratoga...the 5-Catch A Bid...loved, loved him at auction...6 races, garnered 181K...exacta 5/all, all/5...Db 5/2346810

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:00 pm 

Good afternoon...time to make some money

Saratoga Race running in the slop...8 The Forego...wide open race the 6-Complexity is where I ended but watch out for the probable favorite the 2-Whitmore as well as the 4-Funny Guy who has won in the mud before

Race 9 the Sword Dancer...the 2-Aquaphobia shows up on big days and just tearing it up in the am.

At Del Mar Race 10 Pat Day Mile I'm going with Flagstaff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:20 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:

Saratoga Race running in the slop...8 The Forego...wide open race the 6-Complexity is where I ended but watch out for the probable favorite the 2-Whitmore as well as the 4-Funny Guy who has won in the mud before

Race 9 the Sword Dancer...the 2-Aquaphobia shows up on big days and just tearing it up in the am.

*Pat O'Brien...I get my Irish guys confused, they all look alike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:37 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

*Pat O'Brien...I get my Irish guys confused, they all look alike

:lol:

I'm out.