It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
BTW if you missed Tim Leydon's (sp?) video essay on NBC earlier about last year's derby-outstanding. Seek it out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:57 pm 

Too many Brown's there for the 1 Factor This

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Too many Brown's there for the 1 Factor This

Yeah and I had the other two! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Beat, probably not...make money off of...yes, in a superfecta...

You were half right -- that's half more than I have been! At least I did well enough to lose money at a trickle instead of my usual waterfall pace.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Fuckin Baffert

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
:cheers: Baffert, GOAT. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:52 am 
Site Admin

There are so many issues in the world right now that a guy lighting up a horse seems pretty minor, but yesterday was as bad as anything I've seen in racing. He took this horse and had it so cranked it could have run twenty miles without getting tired. Both of his horses were so jacked up on whatever was in them that they were wheeling and spinning in the paddock like Tasmanian devils. It would have been justice if Authentic had actually killed Baffert in the winner's circle. No, I don't feel bad that Thousand Words broke Jimmy Barnes's hand.

At this point I'm not sure what can be done about this. We've allowed this dope to become the face of racing. We have a sport/business that is on life support as it is. For the general public to realize that the "greatest" trainer of his generation is a complete fraud would be devastating. It's not like kicking out Jorge Navarro because he batted 75% in claiming races at Monmouth. This is like Lance Armstrong or Barry Bonds.

I may be the only guy in the world that thinks Tyson biting off Holyfield's ears was deserved. Don't come in the ring against one of the greatest boxers ever all juiced up so that your eyeballs are popping out and maybe the great boxer won't have to bite you.

And you take a truly great horse like Tiz The Law, trained by a square guy, and watch him run his guts out desperately trying to chase down what amounts to an unstoppable machine, it's really kind of heartbreaking.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:59 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
sinicalypse wrote:
I swear to God you guys are speaking illuminati or something.

:lol: I understand very little of what's going on in this thread, other than JORR doesn't particularly care for Bob Baffert.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:02 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
There are so many issues in the world right now that a guy lighting up a horse seems pretty minor, but yesterday was as bad as anything I've seen in racing. He took this horse and had it so cranked it could have run twenty miles without getting tired. Both of his horses were so jacked up on whatever was in them that they were wheeling and spinning in the paddock like Tasmanian devils. It would have been justice if Authentic had actually killed Baffert in the winner's circle. No, I don't feel bad that Thousand Words broke Jimmy Barnes's hand.

At this point I'm not sure what can be done about this. We've allowed this dope to become the face of racing. We have a sport/business that is on life support as it is. For the general public to realize that the "greatest" trainer of his generation is a complete fraud would be devastating. It's not like kicking out Jorge Navarro because he batted 75% in claiming races at Monmouth. This is like Lance Armstrong or Barry Bonds.

I may be the only guy in the world that thinks Tyson biting off Holyfield's ears was deserved. Don't come in the ring against one of the greatest boxers ever all juiced up so that your eyeballs are popping out and maybe the great boxer won't have to bite you.

And you take a truly great horse like Tiz The Law, trained by a square guy, and watch him run his guts out desperately trying to chase down what amounts to an unstoppable machine, it's really kind of heartbreaking.

If true, he is a despicable human being. I worked at the Dog Track in West Memphis, AR in the early 90's while in college. I worked in a kennel and it was well known that some trainers would heat up their dogs for the stakes races.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:12 am 

There is no logical reason for a horse that ran that fast, that far, to be riled up like that afterwards. None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:48 am 

So I know they are tested, are they just that far ahead of the testing like everything else?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hawg Ass wrote:
So I know they are tested, are they just that far ahead of the testing like everything else?

Yeah. I'm sure Baffert has some type of blood building program in addition to other things that won't show up in the box. Plus, I don't think anyone really wants to know. It would be a huge black eye for the sport. The industry has to pretend he's great. If you follow horse racing Twitter it's a different story.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:36 pm 

Thousand Words was not injured in his fall. Good!

On to the Preakness. Both Authentic and Thousand Words will be staying in the Lukas barn, until they're shipped to Baltimore, said Baffert.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:25 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
I swear to God you guys are speaking illuminati or something.

:lol: I understand very little of what's going on in this thread, other than JORR doesn't particularly care for Bob Baffert.

I enjoy checking in on these threads so that I can feel like i am learning a foreign language.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Being a Bob Baffert truther with my friends is cool as hell though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:06 am 

NY Traffic lost a shoe in the Kentucky Derby and got a staple in his ankle from cuts he sustained. That was the reason he didn't do well.

I hope that can get him healthy in time for the Preakness. I think he's got a shot at the shorter distance.