It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:24 pm 

Taking the Post kids out for some thoroughbred action this friday night.

As always to my horseracing friends if you have any tips pass them along. Better for the earlier races as we don't always stay till the end.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Sixth Race: Al Stall ships No. 8 Strike of Honor in from the Fair Grounds. I think that last race was just a spin around the racetrack. The horse looked awesome in the paddock before that last race. There are a lot of confirmed losers in here. It shows how bad the field is that the morning line favorite is a first starter at 8/5. Probably just because it's Asmussen. I think he's probably worth a shot if you can get the morning line or better on him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:16 pm 

Last call for wager tips.

Where is my guy Walt Williams?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
One Post wrote:

As always to my horseracing friends if you have any tips pass them along. Better for the earlier races as we don't always stay till the end.

Missed this post. How is that place? Drive past it on the Beltway on my way to the airport. Always wanted to check it out. I like horse racing but unfortunately, I never win. I might be better off just driving past the place and throwing some money over the fence.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:56 pm 

The Division wrote:
One Post wrote:

Missed this post. How is that place? Drive past it on the Beltway on my way to the airport. Always wanted to check it out. I like horse racing but unfortunately, I never win. I might be better off just driving past the place and throwing some money over the fence.

I'm not a big horse racing guy. I take my kids there a few times a year because they really enjoy it. Some of the other real horsemen on the board might have been there and can give you a better review.

It's a nice place to kill a night though. The viewing boxes have ample seating so you can go there with a big group and have some space of your own. The beers and the like are pretty reasonably priced. My kids like it because there are opportunities to view the horses at close proximity, and they enjoy picking horses to win the race.

It's never been obscenely crowded and always easy to place a bet, get food/drink. It's a really affordable experience for someone of any age really. I'd recommend it to anyone who lives in the Houston metro area, even if to just give it a try. Their concert series used to get a real nice list performers, but I've never been for that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
One Post wrote:
The Division wrote:
One Post wrote:

I'm not a big horse racing guy. I take my kids there a few times a year because they really enjoy it. Some of the other real horsemen on the board might have been there and can give you a better review.

It's a nice place to kill a night though. The viewing boxes have ample seating so you can go there with a big group and have some space of your own. The beers and the like are pretty reasonably priced. My kids like it because there are opportunities to view the horses at close proximity, and they enjoy picking horses to win the race.

It's never been obscenely crowded and always easy to place a bet, get food/drink. It's a really affordable experience for someone of any age really. I'd recommend it to anyone who lives in the Houston metro area, even if to just give it a try. Their concert series used to get a real nice list performers, but I've never been for that.

Awesome, thanks! Will have to check it out.