It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Saratoga '21
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
“The Graveyard of Favorites” opens today with a 10 race card…track is listed as fast and turf is “good” (although they are off turf in the 4th).

Race 9 is a two-year old Grade 3, tricky waters…but Norm Casse has been on fire with this entire year and Luis Saez will have the 1-Pretty Birdie gunning on the rail the entire time…the 7 and 8 trained by Ward and Asmussen will compete for the top spots
1-8-9-7

In the today’s last race the 10th, I really like the direction the 5-Noble Journey is going and will be a nice price in a big field…he’ll have to turn some tables on runners that have beaten him but I think his morning tabs say he’s ready to do so at a nice price
5-8-7-6

Good Luck if you’re playing.

Post subject: Re: Saratoga '21
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:29 am 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
“The Graveyard of Favorites” opens today with a 10 race card…track is listed as fast and turf is “good” (although they are off turf in the 4th).

Race 9 is a two-year old Grade 3, tricky waters…but Norm Casse has been on fire with this entire year and Luis Saez will have the 1-Pretty Birdie gunning on the rail the entire time…the 7 and 8 trained by Ward and Asmussen will compete for the top spots
1-8-9-7

In the today’s last race the 10th, I really like the direction the 5-Noble Journey is going and will be a nice price in a big field…he’ll have to turn some tables on runners that have beaten him but I think his morning tabs say he’s ready to do so at a nice price
5-8-7-6

The 7 is scratched in the 9th, fyi.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:58 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

1-8-9-7

5-8-7-6

he's afraid of my 1 horse....

BTW the 11-Jazzy Lady is a value here at 9/2 in the next

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

1-8-9-7

5-8-7-6

he's afraid of my 1 horse....

BTW the 11-Jazzy Lady is a value here at 9/2 in the next

Gotta agree with you on the 1

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:58 pm 

made it look easy Walt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:07 pm 

[quote="OscarTangoEcho"]made it look easy Walt[/quote

again we agree

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:17 pm 

Great minds, as they say....

where the fuck is JORR? or Rube, or Hawg?

This is Saratoga! Take off from work, for goodness sake.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
:lol: I've being getting my ass kicked at Woodbine. I will get more involved at the Spa this weekend. Also, HUGE harness card at the Meadowlands on Saturday night.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:16 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
:lol: I've being getting my ass kicked at Woodbine. I will get more involved at the Spa this weekend. Also, HUGE harness card at the Meadowlands on Saturday night.

Harry Burright is dead .....right?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:24 am 
Site Admin

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

:lol: I'm pretty sure he is.

You strike me as a guy who might have spent some winter days sending it in at Aurora Downs. They're off the half in a speedy 1:09!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You strike me as a guy who might have spent some winter days sending it in at Aurora Downs. They're off the half in a speedy 1:09!

Let us not forget day/night Double Headers @ Hawthorne spending in between races at the Clubhouse Inn :drunken:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:50 am 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Great minds, as they say....

where the fuck is JORR? or Rube, or Hawg?

This is Saratoga! Take off from work, for goodness sake.

When full simulcasting began me and my peeps ( not my many detractors here ) would circle the opener on our calendars ( I'd work a 1.2 a day dedicated sob ) I remember one year I loved a 1st starter in the 1st Muthar Fukar with Migliore up and I had him $10 WP and wheeled him in the Double...well 11 minutes to post they scratched him typical WWN luck. The next day in the form the reason he was scratched was his name Muthar Fukar......since I was 16 I have been known to scream come on Muthar Fukar :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Let us not forget day/night Double Headers @ Hawthorne spending in between races at the Clubhouse Inn :drunken:

A few of those may have been as close as I've ever come to committing suicide.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:03 pm 

Love Smooth B in the opener tody

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:03 pm 

Friday's Race 9 is outstanding, full of choices that will pay. I'm keying on the 9-Sacred City...but there are a lot that will pay underneath starting with the 10-Logical Myth and including the 7-Delaware City (Brown's other horse), the 5-Made you Look who posted a 100 Brisnet figure on this track last year, the 3-Value Prop (brown's 3rd horse) and the 1-Rinaldi might get the best pace setup because to my eyes, he's the lone speed and could walk them all around...sheesh, good wagering race

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:30 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Friday's Race 9 is outstanding, full of choices that will pay. I'm keying on the 9-Sacred City...but there are a lot that will pay underneath starting with the 10-Logical Myth and including the 7-Delaware City (Brown's other horse), the 5-Made you Look who posted a 100 Brisnet figure on this track last year, the 3-Value Prop (brown's 3rd horse) and the 1-Rinaldi might get the best pace setup because to my eyes, he's the lone speed and could walk them all around...sheesh, good wagering race

again great minds Rosario lost a tough one in the last race redemption

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Rinaldi wire to wire horse for course.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:43 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:

pace makes the race

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:48 am 

Saturday has some great races including here in our backyard at Arlington today

Race 6 is full of horses that I love including the favorite, and likely winner 2-Zulu Alpha, as strong a horse as I’ve ever seen…this guy could run at Le Mans…I’m also very fond of the 5-Two Emmys the 8-Captivating Moon…but I saw the 6-Another Mystery up close yesterday and was really impressed…don’t think anyone here is beating the 2…I wish was there today to see this race in person

Race 7 The American Derby…I think the Churchill shipper 2-Accredit is the best horse in this field…but don’t sleep on the 11-Shadizarr who had a huge finish in his last race and will be closing with a bang, and at a huge price

Race 8 The Modesty look for 8-Naval Laughter 4 yr old Chestnut out of Midshipman, as game as they come…will get overlooked in a big field…big price, even underneath

At Monmouth, The finale is The Haskell…interesting that no whips are allowed at this meet, so riders coming in, regardless of how good they are will have to adjust…I still think Hot Rod Charlie will keep Midnight Bourbon at bay and get the picture taken

You guys playing Del Mar or Saratoga today? Had some success at the Spa, but was completely shut out at Del Mar yesterday…both courses look beautiful on TV

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:10 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:

Race 6 is full of horses that I love including the favorite, and likely winner 2-Zulu Alpha, as strong a horse as I’ve ever seen…this guy could run at Le Mans…I’m also very fond of the 5-Two Emmys the 8-Captivating Moon…but I saw the 6-Another Mystery up close yesterday and was really impressed…don’t think anyone here is beating the 2…I wish was there today to see this race in person

Race 7 The American Derby…I think the Churchill shipper 2-Accredit is the best horse in this field…but don’t sleep on the 11-Shadizarr who had a huge finish in his last race and will be closing with a bang, and at a huge price

Race 8 The Modesty look for 8-Naval Laughter 4 yr old Chestnut out of Midshipman, as game as they come…will get overlooked in a big field…big price, even underneath

At Monmouth, The finale is The Haskell…interesting that no whips are allowed at this meet, so riders coming in, regardless of how good they are will have to adjust…I still think Hot Rod Charlie will keep Midnight Bourbon at bay and get the picture taken
1st couple of days down $53.80 but todays a new dawn new day ...I'lll checkout AP.....screw Monmouth Haskell Hot Rod Charlie (my Derby Pick hate the connections ) good luck everybody make money remember we aren't competing among ourselves it's us versus them :wink:

You guys playing Del Mar or Saratoga today? Had some success at the Spa, but was completely shut out at Del Mar yesterday…both courses look beautiful on TV

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:17 pm 

Break the bank, Walt!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:30 pm 

At Saratoga Saturday

Race 2 no idea why the 5-Repo Rocks is listed at even odds on the m/l…I see only one speed horse here, the 7-Trash Talker, but don’t think he’ll be able to take advantage of that…I like the 3-Baby Yoda to sit just off the 7 and pounce the last ½ furlong…

Race 10 the Diana has been won by Chad Brown the last five years and has two running here in this spot. But I’m going with the grey girl the 5-Harvey’s Lil Goil, who might be left alone based on his last outing where she finished a disappointing 5th…I’m putting a line through it because of the yielding turf-don’t think she liked that…will do much better today I’m convinced.

Race 11 Pletcher claim 6-Abaan gets Saez in the irons and a m/l of 12/1…anything north of 6/1 would be very, very nice

Make some $$$ fellas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:49 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
At Saratoga Saturday

Race 2 no idea why the 5-Repo Rocks is listed at even odds on the m/l…I see only one speed horse here, the 7-Trash Talker, but don’t think he’ll be able to take advantage of that…I like the 3-Baby Yoda to sit just off the 7 and pounce the last ½ furlong…

Race 10 the Diana has been won by Chad Brown the last five years and has two running here in this spot. But I’m going with the grey girl the 5-Harvey’s Lil Goil, who might be left alone based on his last outing where she finished a disappointing 5th…I’m putting a line through it because of the yielding turf-don’t think she liked that…will do much better today I’m convinced.

Race 11 Pletcher claim 6-Abaan gets Saez in the irons and a m/l of 12/1…anything north of 6/1 would be very, very nice

Make some $$$ fellas

6th race overlay on # 5 Never Say Know

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:10 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
At Saratoga Saturday

Make some $$$ fellas

6th race overlay on # 5 Never Say Know

lotta this at the spa Image

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:55 pm 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:

Race 6 is full of horses that I love including the favorite, and likely winner 2-Zulu Alpha (Didn't run, don't know why) as strong a horse as I’ve ever seen…this guy could run at Le Mans…I’m also very fond of the 5-Two Emmys (2nd 5.00) the 8-Captivating Moon (nope) …but I saw the 6-Another Mystery (3rd $4) up close yesterday and was really impressed…don’t think anyone here is beating the 2…I wish was there today to see this race in person

Race 7 The American Derby…I think the Churchill shipper 2-Accredit (2nd 4.20) is the best horse in this field…but don’t sleep on the 11-Shadizarr (scratched) who had a huge finish in his last race and will be closing with a bang, and at a huge price

Race 8 The Modesty look for 8-Naval Laughter 4 yr old Chestnut out of Midshipman, as game as they come…will get overlooked in a big field…big price, even underneath (Kaboom! 1st 19.80)

At Monmouth, The finale is The Haskell…interesting that no whips are allowed at this meet, so riders coming in, regardless of how good they are will have to adjust…I still think Hot Rod Charlie will keep Midnight Bourbon at bay and get the picture taken (Nope)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:01 pm 

the haskell was crazy. my p5 died in the first leg though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The owners of Hot Rod Charlie must be sick.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:24 am 

Back at it for Saturday the 24th…paying attention to the sires that perform well here at the Spa including More than Ready’s off-spring winning at 20% the last 3 years, Gemologist 25% lasts 3 yrs, and Macleans Music 22% winners on turf…

Race 5 the CCA Oaks, I don’t see anyone getting past undefeated Malathaat today, and not at any kind of worthwhile price…

Race 6 Trainer Bond (James Bond) has the 4-Bardolino (6/1) who cuts back and drops down, and the trainers numbers work really well in this type of race… the pace will be hot in this one with more than half the filed looking for the early lead, so it might be someone not in the mess up front…that may be the 6-Tallaj, who despite not running on grass yet, was purchased for 140K and does have enough turf pedigree (10-1)

Race 8 the 5-Midnight Choir (10/1), another out of Macleans Music, battled two tough ones in her debut and had top notch workout preparing for this…

Race 10 the pace won’t be as contentious as some other races (6, 12 e.g.) but will have some heat early… Luis Saez Riding in a Turf Sprint at Saratoga: Past Year: 37 Starts, 8 Wins, 22% Win%, 50% ITM%, +42% ROI, $2.84, pretty fucking impressive…the 5-Flower Point with Rosario on board will be flying late

The finale Race 11 is another that will have a pace melt down…I’d look for closers here as well…the 7-My lips are Sealed is very talented and will be a part of that group and perhaps the fastest of them, but will be challenged by the pace…maybe a daughter of Macleans Music, the4-Vallarand, could strike lightening at 30/1!!!…his trainers numbers fit this situation like a glove.

And I'm staying the fuck away from Del Mar...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:08 am 

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Back at it for Saturday the 24th…paying attention to the sires that perform well here at the Spa including More than Ready’s off-spring winning at 20% the last 3 years, Gemologist 25% lasts 3 yrs, and Macleans Music 22% winners on turf…

Race 5 the CCA Oaks, I don’t see anyone getting past undefeated Malathaat today, and not at any kind of worthwhile price…

Race 6 Trainer Bond (James Bond) has the 4-Bardolino (6/1) who cuts back and drops down, and the trainers numbers work really well in this type of race… the pace will be hot in this one with more than half the filed looking for the early lead, so it might be someone not in the mess up front…that may be the 6-Tallaj, who despite not running on grass yet, was purchased for 140K and does have enough turf pedigree (10-1)

Race 8 the 5-Midnight Choir (10/1), another out of Macleans Music, battled two tough ones in her debut and had top notch workout preparing for this…

Race 10 the pace won’t be as contentious as some other races (6, 12 e.g.) but will have some heat early… Luis Saez Riding in a Turf Sprint at Saratoga: Past Year: 37 Starts, 8 Wins, 22% Win%, 50% ITM%, +42% ROI, $2.84, pretty fucking impressive…the 5-Flower Point with Rosario on board will be flying late

Down $78.65 for the meet...after I feed the humming birds some serious handicapping about to begin

The finale Race 11 is another that will have a pace melt down…I’d look for closers here as well…the 7-My lips are Sealed is very talented and will be a part of that group and perhaps the fastest of them, but will be challenged by the pace…maybe a daughter of Macleans Music, the4-Vallarand, could strike lightening at 30/1!!!…his trainers numbers fit this situation like a glove.

And I'm staying the fuck away from Del Mar...

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:00 pm 

1st race like the 7 and wheelin him in the DD

I'm out.