It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keeneland this Sunday
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I'm going to be at Keeneland on Sunday for probably the fifth time over the years, with some family and friends. I will be there for the first six races, maybe seven. General admission. My bankroll for the day is a whopping $100 for the day minus the racing form and the Makers 46.

Any suggestions on long shots which have reasonable odds to finish in the money (at least to show)? I usually just bet the highest performing jockeys and the occasional but it's the first weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Can’t help you with the picks, but I did just drive by it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I will post some suggestions as soon as I have the PPs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

2nd Race: 3 Jazz Time Girl figures to get a good set up. Prat riding and he rarely makes a mistake. I think the horse is good enough to break her maiden in this spot.

4th Race: I've been waiting for this horse to race. The 7 Off The Charts raced giant last out and it's hidden enough that we should get a good price this time. The 3 will likely be on an easy lead but I don't think the horse is much.

7th Race: 8 Code For Success comes out of the G3 Pocahontas. Same connections as Off The Charts. Appears to fit in here very well. I would be surprised if at least one of these Oliver horses doesn't win. If they both do, I'll have a big day.

9th Race (Spinster G1): 6 Crystal Ball is a little cheaper than a lot of these but she's in good form and seems in line for a good trip. If Letruska takes any kind of pressure I think she's vulnerable here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:58 am 

Thanks, JORR. Gorgeous day here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Thanks, JORR. Gorgeous day here.

Alright! Let's bring at least a couple home!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Late to the party, but here are some that I'm leaning on today

Race 3-#3 Assertive Style

Race 4 #6 Cocoa Puff...this barn is great with 2 Year olds

Race 6-#9 Sursum Corda...needs a more aggresive ride, but finishes best of all

Race 8-#10 Diamond City...Trainer Casse has dominated these fall meets...I lioke all 3 of his horses today

Race 9-#2 Bonny South nearly beat the heavy favorite Letruska last time they met, I think she turns the tables today albeit at a cheaper price

Race 10-#6 and #9...the other Mark Casse horses

Good luck, jealous that I'm not there

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
2nd Race: 3 Jazz Time Girl figures to get a good set up. Prat riding and he rarely makes a mistake. I think the horse is good enough to break her maiden in this spot.

4th Race: I've been waiting for this horse to race. The 7 Off The Charts raced giant last out and it's hidden enough that we should get a good price this time. The 3 will likely be on an easy lead but I don't think the horse is much.

7th Race: 8 Code For Success comes out of the G3 Pocahontas. Same connections as Off The Charts. Appears to fit in here very well. I would be surprised if at least one of these Oliver horses doesn't win. If they both do, I'll have a big day.

9th Race (Spinster G1): 6 Crystal Ball is a little cheaper than a lot of these but she's in good form and seems in line for a good trip. If Letruska takes any kind of pressure I think she's vulnerable here.

upon reading this the illuminati had their orders for phase 5 of "the great """"vaccination"""""

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:54 pm 

We stayed six races.

I actually bet the 9 to show in the 6th before I saw OTE's post. Thought it was going to pull it out. Also bet JORR's two suggestions.

Had a great time even though I am not a fan of maiden races. I only spent $50 all in including general admission, a Keeneland Breeze, and a souvenir from the gift shop. I think I was 2 for 8 on bets, plus I fucked around with a couple of ten cent superfectas in each race for fun.

GA was not nearly as busy as other years due to covid restrictions on attendance, even though it eventually sold out. We got there at noon and grabbed a bench even with the big screen way in the back. Absolutely gorgeous day, 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:45 am 
Site Admin

Sorry I couldn't come up with any winners. But a losing day at Keeneland is better than a lot of things. I wish I were there. I had a shitty day yesterday. If the Sox hadn't pulled that one out I may have been nearly suicidal. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:11 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Sorry I couldn't come up with any winners. But a losing day at Keeneland is better than a lot of things. I wish I were there. I had a shitty day yesterday. If the Sox hadn't pulled that one out I may have been nearly suicidal. :lol:

Given that I was mostly doing $2 show bets, it's not like you broke me... :) I'm just there for the atmosphere.

I grew up hanging around BDH who worked downtown and would stop at my dad's place for a quick dinner before heading out to Hawthorne or after coming back from Arlington, and I used to paper mock bet Arlington when I was a kid from reading Dave Feldman. So I know what I don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:59 pm 

Damn, brutal start to the day at Keeneland. 2 races and 2 horses injured and euthanized. :(