It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:13 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
MANY report that Aaron Rodgers routinely ignores Lafloor's play calls. I can only surmise that he does that because the plays suck that LaFloor calls. When you have Rodgers working to get Getsy back into the Packers organization (He won 2 MVP's after Getsy returned) and Davante Adams and Rodgers volunteering information about how great Getsy is, I think it's safe to say that LaFloor is just a better looking Nagy. Getsy was the brains of the operation.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Doug Pederson is the coach that deliberately threw the last game of the year, causing his own players to openly call him out and revolt against him on the sideline during the second half of winnable game. I’m sure people interviewing for critical positions remember things like that before offering jobs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
MANY report that Aaron Rodgers routinely ignores Lafloor's play calls. I can only surmise that he does that because the plays suck that LaFloor calls. When you have Rodgers working to get Getsy back into the Packers organization (He won 2 MVP's after Getsy returned) and Davante Adams and Rodgers volunteering information about how great Getsy is, I think it's safe to say that LaFloor is just a better looking Nagy. Getsy was the brains of the operation.

It's common in virtually all workplaces to put in a word for a colleague who is up for a better job internally or somewhere else.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:55 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's common in virtually all workplaces to put in a word for a colleague who is up for a better job internally or somewhere else.

He wasn't up for any other job when these things were done.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
New Regime

GM: Unknown hire with no discernible approach or strategy
HC: Above-average DC but otherwise unremarkable
OC: Novice with unremarkable job history

Is this how "big city" franchises run things now? Just hire a bunch of saps who accept offers because they're impressed with the prestige of the franchise?

There is no home run executive and/or coach in any of these hirings. It all sucks

You said the other day that one of your top options for the Bears was to give full control of the franchise to--wait for it--Doug Pederson!

I'm not sure what to make of the Getsy hire, but I sure don't see ANYONE rushing to land Pederson as their coach--let alone place him atop their football operation--a move that you have mystifyingly championed. While there are valid concerns about the Bears' hiring process (though not necessarily those you have noted, as your initial argument in this thread is demonstrably ignorant), the Bears appear to have chosen organizational leaders who are more highly regarded in NFL circles than Doug Pederson. If your criticism of the Bears' hires has now shifted to the idea that they are largely anonymous or nondescript, that certainly doesn't seem to be the case given the number of interviews they have received compared to Pederson. While it may be true that Doug Pederson is a very familiar name among football fans, he doesn't appear to command much respect in the NFL. He was considered by only two teams for a HC position--the Bears and Jaguars--and neither team deemed him a finalist for their opening. It appears, then, that the guy you want to be the alpha and omega of the Bears will be lucky to garner any type of NFL employment next season. The Bears may indeed be a second-tier organization, but your thinking in this thread is inconsistent, uninformed, and unintentionally hilarious.

It's true that I would want Pederson as GM/HC over what we have now, but that wouldn't be my first option, so to say I've championed that move is a bit misleading. Pederson does have a SB win on his resume, a win he got by starting the Bears' third-string QB. Poles is known for arriving to work early while Eberflus finished 10th in defense.

To say the Bears have "chosen organizational leaders who are more highly regarded in NFL circles" is either standard Bears apologetics at best or just a strange opinion at worst. It's clear that the Bears have cast a wide net that is heavily influenced by the new-age DEI HR policies they appear to have adapted wholesale. While I think it's great that these new policies result in more exposure for minority candidates, I don't think I'd conflate a candidate being interviewed with a candidate being interesting, like you have.

To be clear, what I wanted are hires who've demonstrably made a difference elsewhere. I don't think we have that here.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't know how anyone can judge the hires as anything other than question marks. I guess you can slam the Bears for that, but we'll see if Harbaugh actually leaves. I doubt he will. It's about developing Fields, and hopefully Poles drafts well.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Wonder if an NFL team ever went into a season with a first time GM, coach, OC, and possibly DC like the Bears are. And if so the results.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:47 am 
100000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Wonder if an NFL team ever went into a season with a first time GM, coach, OC, and possibly DC like the Bears are. And if so the results.

The Bears wouldn't be doing this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nas wrote:

Well he was responsible for the development of Jordan Love, so you’ve got that going for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:55 am 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well he was responsible for the development of Jordan Love, so you’ve got that going for you.

You can attempt to shine shit, but when you are done, it is still shit. I can't blame him for wanting to run away from the Love era.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Where is he wrong?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Where is he wrong?

Their OC wouldn't be a first time play caller. Besides, innovation comes from fresh ideas. Every legend was once doing something for the first time.

Last edited by Nas on Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
First time OC and playcaller in the NFL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
New Regime

GM: Unknown hire with no discernible approach or strategy
HC: Above-average DC but otherwise unremarkable
OC: Novice with unremarkable job history

Is this how "big city" franchises run things now? Just hire a bunch of saps who accept offers because they're impressed with the prestige of the franchise?

There is no home run executive and/or coach in any of these hirings. It all sucks

You said the other day that one of your top options for the Bears was to give full control of the franchise to--wait for it--Doug Pederson!

I'm not sure what to make of the Getsy hire, but I sure don't see ANYONE rushing to land Pederson as their coach--let alone place him atop their football operation--a move that you have mystifyingly championed. While there are valid concerns about the Bears' hiring process (though not necessarily those you have noted, as your initial argument in this thread is demonstrably ignorant), the Bears appear to have chosen organizational leaders who are more highly regarded in NFL circles than Doug Pederson. If your criticism of the Bears' hires has now shifted to the idea that they are largely anonymous or nondescript, that certainly doesn't seem to be the case given the number of interviews they have received compared to Pederson. While it may be true that Doug Pederson is a very familiar name among football fans, he doesn't appear to command much respect in the NFL. He was considered by only two teams for a HC position--the Bears and Jaguars--and neither team deemed him a finalist for their opening. It appears, then, that the guy you want to be the alpha and omega of the Bears will be lucky to garner any type of NFL employment next season. The Bears may indeed be a second-tier organization, but your thinking in this thread is inconsistent, uninformed, and unintentionally hilarious.

It's true that I would want Pederson as GM/HC over what we have now, but that wouldn't be my first option, so to say I've championed that move is a bit misleading. Pederson does have a SB win on his resume, a win he got by starting the Bears' third-string QB. Poles is known for arriving to work early while Eberflus finished 10th in defense.

To say the Bears have "chosen organizational leaders who are more highly regarded in NFL circles" is either standard Bears apologetics at best or just a strange opinion at worst. It's clear that the Bears have cast a wide net that is heavily influenced by the new-age DEI HR policies they appear to have adapted wholesale. While I think it's great that these new policies result in more exposure for minority candidates, I don't think I'd conflate a candidate being interviewed with a candidate being interesting, like you have.

To be clear, what I wanted are hires who've demonstrably made a difference elsewhere. I don't think we have that here.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Pederson would be a good choice as GM. Further, his record as a head coach is also clouded since Reich was considered the brains of the Eagles offense, and the team declined after he left. This opinion seems to be shared in the league since there is virtually no interest in him as a head coach. In contrast, there was much more interest in Poles as a GM candidate: he was rumored to be Minnesota's top choice before the Bears hired him and has been a finalist for other GM positions as well. Given his selection as a finalist for multiple teams, it's clear that interest in Poles was more than perfunctory or pro forma. Similarly, Eberflus was a finalist for the Jacksonville position, whereas Pederson was not. If Pederson is, as you claim, held in higher regard than Poles or Eberflus, why hasn't he been identified as a finalist for any position? And why hasn't he been interviewed by more than two teams, neither of whom allowed him to advance beyond a preliminary interview? Now, you can continue to bizarrely argue that interviews are not a reliable indicator of interest if you like. But if Pederson is such a stellar HC candidate, why is he going to be working as a coordinator next year (that is, if he's lucky)?

Do you really want to have a discussion about Payton? :lol: He's under contract with the Saints and is apparently going to work as an analyst before returning to the NFL, assuming that he ever does. To suggest that Payton would be a realistic possibility for any NFL team right now strikes me as being seriously detached from reality. But if you want to run with the thesis that the Bears are second-rate because they--like every other team in the NFL--failed to pursue Payton, then go ahead and embarrass yourself.

Harbaugh is obviously a more interesting possibility. Practically everyone on the board--including me--wanted him, so you're hardly stating something unique in this regard. Since Adofo-Mensah apparently has a strong relationship with Harbaugh, we'll soon find out if he ever was a realistic possibility for any NFL team.

Again, the problem with the Bears search process was not rooted in their failure to select a "big name"; rather, it was their choice to privilege the coaching position over the GM position that artificially circumscribed their organizational reset and prevented the team from developing an authentically new vision for itself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bears fans