It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Pederson fell apart without Reich. Im not sure he would have been a better choice than Eberfluse.

Pace and Nagy sucked and everyone wanted both gone. They are and there’s two new guys and nobody here has a clue if they will be good or not. There werent really any slam dunk candidates this cycle. I dont really get the consternation

If you were a bear fan you would have no confidence in these morons, Im confident they fucked it up again..proven track record to base that on. The colts D kinda sucked, ive read alot about how happy Colts fans are this guy is gone and stunned how managed to fail upward. The GM? I dontvwant anybody from KC, the guy who drafted everybody worth a fuck is gone and Reid is the brains behind the operation.

That the GM is from Kansas City says either it isn't his choice or that Bienemy isn't the candidate some hope he is.

The coach though, led a defense needing a win and got blown out by Jacksonville. Oof.

The future is bleak in New Orleans.

Loomis can draft, that Taysum Hill contract though..ouch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Pederson fell apart without Reich. Im not sure he would have been a better choice than Eberfluse.

Pace and Nagy sucked and everyone wanted both gone. They are and there’s two new guys and nobody here has a clue if they will be good or not. There werent really any slam dunk candidates this cycle. I dont really get the consternation

If they’d have hired a guy like Rick Smith I wouldn’t care as much about the coach. The hiring of a mid-30s first timer with no real executive experience and the media blowies re: how much control he’ll have is history as a farce type shit.

Instead I just don’t care about anything now.

How good was Rick Smith? He ran an expansion franchise and didn’t really do anything special. John Dorsey was the only person who was somewhat available that had a great track record. Everyone else was a gamble.

He built the Texans into a perennial playoff team, repeatedly nailed high draft picks and made the right choice at QB in the Mitch draft before having to leave to focus on family.

Now, counterpoint is that he was an unproven 36 year old when he got the job.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
312player wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If you were a bear fan you would have no confidence in these morons, Im confident they fucked it up again..proven track record to base that on. The colts D kinda sucked, ive read alot about how happy Colts fans are this guy is gone and stunned how managed to fail upward. The GM? I dontvwant anybody from KC, the guy who drafted everybody worth a fuck is gone and Reid is the brains behind the operation.

That the GM is from Kansas City says either it isn't his choice or that Bienemy isn't the candidate some hope he is.

The coach though, led a defense needing a win and got blown out by Jacksonville. Oof.

Loomis can draft, that Taysum Hill contract though..ouch

I think Payton was just an amazing cook.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:51 pm 

I like Payton, agree..good coach. Loomis hired him..he will hire another good one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If they’d have hired a guy like Rick Smith I wouldn’t care as much about the coach. The hiring of a mid-30s first timer with no real executive experience and the media blowies re: how much control he’ll have is history as a farce type shit.

Instead I just don’t care about anything now.

How good was Rick Smith? He ran an expansion franchise and didn’t really do anything special. John Dorsey was the only person who was somewhat available that had a great track record. Everyone else was a gamble.

He built the Texans into a perennial playoff team, repeatedly nailed high draft picks and made the right choice at QB in the Mitch draft before having to leave to focus on family.

Now, counterpoint is that he was an unproven 36 year old when he got the job.

IIRC they tried to trade up for Mahomes, but didn't offer enough. I'll give him a little credit for the attempt.

They played in a shit division though. Someone had to make the playoffs. I did completely forget about the Andre Johnsons and Adrian Fosters that he acquired. I was clearly mistaken about his record.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
I like Payton, agree..good coach. Loomis hired him..he will hire another good one.

You realize hiring a great coach is about timing and luck as much as it is about skill?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:59 pm 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

You realize hiring a great coach is about timing and luck as much as it is about skill?

Probably mostly about QB. Which is why I’ll put my faith in fields over Matt jr.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

I think it is more about the GM- coach relationship and vision, two sharp guys with similiar vision will succeed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:07 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Actually no. I trust Dennis Allen and our cap issues will be done soon. Plus we have an actual front office. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:10 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Actually no. I trust Dennis Allen and our cap issues will be done soon. Plus we have an actual front office. :D

I think you’re about to find out whether that’s true.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The Colts D didn’t suck at all this year, thats a crazy opinion. Go rewatch their game against Buffalo.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:40 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
312player wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That Jags loss was more on Wentz than the defense

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:41 pm 

Ranked 18th, thats below average, AKA sucked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:45 pm 

312player wrote:
Ranked 18th, thats below average, AKA sucked

8th best defense according to DVOA. Whatever metric you are using to say they suck is a bad one and you should use better ones.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Not meatballery. Rick's point on GMs is fine.

What they did this week is just rearrange chairs on the titanic.

Well if Rick's point is "fine," then that would make your point wrong. :lol:

I'm fine conceding the GM point to Rick. He's right. I was lazy to repeat it.

You hire a young GM when he's demonstrated some aptitude in a specific area that adds value. I'm thinking of teams in the NBA hiring analytics minded people within the past 10 years because of the influence of analytics over the way rosters are built and the game is played. In that context I wouldn't mind hiring a young GM that represented a new way of thinking about the game. That would be strategic. Instead the Bears appear to just reflexively go after guys associated with successful teams, irrespective of their position. That's just dumb and lazy. Not a fan.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:33 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You hire a young GM when he's demonstrated some aptitude in a specific area that adds value. I'm thinking of teams in the NBA hiring analytics minded people within the past 10 years because of the influence of analytics over the way rosters are built and the game is played. In that context I wouldn't mind hiring a young GM that represented a new way of thinking about the game. That would be strategic. Instead the Bears appear to just reflexively go after guys associated with successful teams, irrespective of their position. That's just dumb and lazy. Not a fan.

I think Halas Hall would have been torched if the Bears hires a front office guy from the worst team in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:35 am 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I think Halas Hall would have been torched if the Bears hires a front office guy from the worst team in the NFL.

This town is football dumb if it blesses the hire just because the guy comes from a successful franchise. It'd be different if they hired the brains behind the KC roster. Now that would be cool. Hiring an underling is not exciting. We've seen that before.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:36 am 

Can we talk more about how I was right?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
veganfan21 wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

The problem isn't that the Bears selected a GM because he's from a successful organization; the problem is that they selected a GM because he identified Matt Eberflus and Jim Caldwell as top candidates for a head coaching position.

The Bears named Eberflus and Caldwell as finalists for the HC position BEFORE Poles was interviewed. This suggests that their selection of GM was driven by their preferences for a head coach. They did not choose the best GM candidate for the organization; they chose the best (only?) candidate who liked Eberflus or Caldwell as coach.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:49 am 

TM that maybe true, but I don't think we know enough about the process to connect those dots that clearly.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:58 am 

RFDC wrote:
TM that maybe true, but I don't think we know enough about the process to connect those dots that clearly.

That they’re pushing so hard to make it seem like Poles made the hire is good enough for me.

They want us to believe that their brand new GM - who I’m not clear had ever even met Eberflus before this week - got the job, interviewed a few people and independently came to a decision to make his most important hire, all in like 24 hours? And that person he hired just happened to be one that Ted & Tanesha shortlisted?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

The one thing we know conclusively is that the search committee deemed Eberflus a finalist for HC prior to conducting an initial interview with Poles.

This chronology creates the appearance that the GM selection process was driven by the coaching search.

In recent months, we've learned that appearance is a reliable indicator of reality when it comes to the Bears--no matter how fervently the team denies this connection.

Until we have contradictory evidence to discuss, the operative understanding of the Bears hiring process should be that they have given precedence to the coach over the GM.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:13 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The one thing we know conclusively is that the search committee deemed Eberflus a finalist for HC prior to conducting an initial interview with Poles.

This chronology creates the appearance that the GM selection process was driven by the coaching search.

In recent months, we've learned that appearance is a reliable indicator of reality when it comes to the Bears--no matter how fervently the team denies this connection.

Until we have contradictory evidence to discuss, the operative understanding of the Bears hiring process should be that they have given precedence to the coach over the GM.

So where do the reports of Polian being irritated about Poles wanting to do this by himself in this deal?

Is that just cover for the Bears to make it appear there was a different process

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

So where do the reports of Polian being irritated about Poles wanting to do this by himself in this deal?

Is that just cover for the Bears to make it appear there was a different process

Of course it is. That is the only takeaway from "Poles interviewed OUR guys alone" bullshit that has been out there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:17 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Absolutely. Why would Polian be upset about the GM interviewing a guy the committee had in its top 3?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Absolutely. Why would Polian be upset about the GM interviewing a guy the committee had in its top 3?

Maybe Tanesha wanted to be in the room with the rest of the people who aren't Bears fans.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:24 am 

New Regime

GM: Unknown hire with no discernible approach or strategy
HC: Above-average DC but otherwise unremarkable
OC: Novice with unremarkable job history

Is this how "big city" franchises run things now? Just hire a bunch of saps who accept offers because they're impressed with the prestige of the franchise?

There is no home run executive and/or coach in any of these hirings. It all sucks

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
And guys who were hot candidates in the past like Greg Roman and Eric Bieniemy didn't get a sniff. Why wouldn't you bring in the OC's that worked with Mahomes and Jackson since your QB has similar attributes?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
veganfan21 wrote:
2/2

Rookie GM

Rookie HC

Called it

It continues...

Jauron: rookie
Angelo: rookie
Smith: rookie
Emery: rookie
Trestman: rookie
Pace: rookie
Fox: experienced
Nagy: rookie
Poles: rookie
Eberflus: rookie

hiring head coaches with no head coaching experience are how much cheaper than hiring head coaches with head coaching experience? 17(?) head coaches in it's history, only one hire was one with prior head coaching experience. the club has never fired a head coach mid-season, lest they pay the wages of 2 head coaches.

thought harbaugh was interesting - just for a second, then i remembered they would never meet his wages demands. this is how they do business. a family run football club run like a family donut store. watch every teaspoon of sugar - no napkins for the customer - unless they ask.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:56 am 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
New Regime

GM: Unknown hire with no discernible approach or strategy
HC: Above-average DC but otherwise unremarkable
OC: Novice with unremarkable job history

Is this how "big city" franchises run things now? Just hire a bunch of saps who accept offers because they're impressed with the prestige of the franchise?

There is no home run executive and/or coach in any of these hirings. It all sucks

You said the other day that one of your top options for the Bears was to give full control of the franchise to--wait for it--Doug Pederson!

I'm not sure what to make of the Getsy hire, but I sure don't see ANYONE rushing to land Pederson as their coach--let alone place him atop their football operation--a move that you have mystifyingly championed. While there are valid concerns about the Bears' hiring process (though not necessarily those you have noted, as your initial argument in this thread is demonstrably ignorant), the Bears appear to have chosen organizational leaders who are more highly regarded in NFL circles than Doug Pederson. If your criticism of the Bears' hires has now shifted to the idea that they are largely anonymous or nondescript, that certainly doesn't seem to be the case given the number of interviews they have received compared to Pederson. While it may be true that Doug Pederson is a very familiar name among football fans, he doesn't appear to command much respect in the NFL. He was considered by only two teams for a HC position--the Bears and Jaguars--and neither team deemed him a finalist for their opening. It appears, then, that the guy you want to be the alpha and omega of the Bears will be lucky to garner any type of NFL employment next season. The Bears may indeed be a second-tier organization, but your thinking in this thread is inconsistent, uninformed, and unintentionally hilarious.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.