It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Late Pick 5

Race 9 10-Drapes…experience…5-She Can’t Sing, Chris Block doesn’t make many mistakes…1-Pass The Plate…8-Amiche, good connections

5-1-8

158/1278/34611/2911/178

For a $216 ticket…it’s like I’m betting with JORR’s kinda money

Good luck all!!!

I'll gloat now then quietly disappear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Your man Block blew up my ticket:

1,3,10/1,5,10/3,10,11/1,2,4,5,8,9/7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

Man, the late cash came in on Sprawl. That's the kind of shit where even if he had won I would have felt like I lost.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Spidey Sense says #1 La Crete in the Rachael Alexandra with Rosario.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:39 pm 

:x

bet against the fav and got pinched

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:40 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
Spidey Sense says #1 La Crete in the Rachael Alexandra with Rosario.

Poor horse. Was running her heart out and pulled out limp.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:04 am 
Site Admin

Zandon will win the LA Derby with ease.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:56 am 

Good news on La Crete:

"Stonestreet Stables — the owner of La Crete — issued a statement, saying “La Crete is comfortable and weight-bearing. She has a condylar fracture that is a good candidate for repair. She will be monitored through the night, and we will update (Sunday).”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:41 pm 

Watching TVG and Jockey David Cabrera has won the 1st four races of the card today at Oaklawn and has won 10 of his last 17.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:39 am 

I picked up Barber Rd. and White Abarrio in the KY Derby futures. Another pool is open again this weekend.

HALLANDALE BEACH, FL – C2 Stable LLC and La Milagrosa Stable LLC’s White Abarrio, who bypassed Saturday’s $400,000 Fasig-Tipton Fountain of Youth (G2), breezed a strong four furlongs in 47.12 seconds Sunday morning atGulfstream Park in preparation for a scheduled start in the $1 million Curlin Florida Derby (G1) April 2.

The 3-year-old son of Race Day’s workout, the second since capturing the Feb. 5 Holy Bull (G3) by 4 ½ lengths, was the second-fastest move of 125 recorded at the distance.

“He worked really well second work back. We were looking for a little bit more and we emphasized galloping out because we’re looking to build up his stamina a bit more,” trainer Saffie Joseph Jr. said. “The gallop-out was as good as the work.”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:41 am 

What do you think about Un Ojo, JORR?

Got the upset in the Rebel at 75-1. A sixteenth out no one would have given him a chance in that race, but he rallied massively along the rail. He's got good pedigree for the Derby, having Uncle Mo and AP Indy as grandfathers. Maybe the 1:45 time in the Rebel over 1 1/16 mi. wasn't that great, but he got his second wind at the end when all the other horses were tiring, which will happen even more so in the 1 1/4 mi. Derby. I kinda like him, in that no one else is really paying attention to him with the funny name, whose name is "an eye" in Spanish. He's definitely a fighter.

Looks like he's headed to the Arkansas next.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:32 am 
Site Admin

Dignified Rube wrote:
What do you think about Un Ojo, JORR?

Got the upset in the Rebel at 75-1. A sixteenth out no one would have given him a chance in that race, but he rallied massively along the rail. He's got good pedigree for the Derby, having Uncle Mo and AP Indy as grandfathers. Maybe the 1:45 time in the Rebel over 1 1/16 mi. wasn't that great, but he got his second wind at the end when all the other horses were tiring, which will happen even more so in the 1 1/4 mi. Derby. I kinda like him, in that no one else is really paying attention to him with the funny name, whose name is "an eye" in Spanish. He's definitely a fighter.

Looks like he's headed to the Arkansas next.

I'm not sold on him. I thought the Withers was a soft race and the horse that won it is part of Brown's "B" team. I was absolutely shocked that Un Ojo won the Rebel. I thought Ethereal Road had the best race in there, but even that wasn't really strong.

I'm interested to see where Zandon goes. I thought for sure Brown was going to keep him in Louisiana but I guess he doesn't like the spacing. I'm gonna guess he shows up at Keeneland.

If Secret Oath wins the Ark Derby- and she'll probably be the favorite- I have to think Lukas is going to push his owners to go for the gusto.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:38 am 

Zandon is going to the Bluegrass...Epicenter is doing very well training for the LA Derby, think he's in a good spot right now...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:07 pm 

Busy Weekend...all I've looked at is the Gulfstream Card...In the Derby I've got the 2-Classic Causeway finishing the deal over a hard charging 5-Pappacapp and the 9- O Capitain at a huge price

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:13 pm 

Have any of you guys played in a handicapping tournament? I lucked into a very nice spot for tomorrows Gulfstream card, and I though like how I handicap, I never have been in a live contest like this before...I'll take any advice, even the sarcastic type

I wonder if it's similar to a poker room...I wouldn't know

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
OscarTangoEcho wrote:
Have any of you guys played in a handicapping tournament? I lucked into a very nice spot for tomorrows Gulfstream card, and I though like how I handicap, I never have been in a live contest like this before...I'll take any advice, even the sarcastic type

i don't know dick about horse racing but i do know a few things about the art of life, so i'd suggest walking in to some proper entrance music to let those other motherfuckers know you mean business. especially when you see what happens to cochese.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:42 pm 

First impressions are always the most important

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:08 pm 
Site Admin

OscarTangoEcho wrote:

Contest play is certainly different than just regular betting, although the basic concept is the same. You want to zig when they zag. You have to be cognizant of what your competition is doing. Is it a live bankroll contest or W-P?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:56 am 

1K live bankroll...you can use winnings...(Started off by hitting the opener with a win/show and the start of a double...W/P/S, ex/tri, doubles are the only horizontal

So, you are watching others and playing against them, as opposed to strictly handicapping. Its going to be an adjustment, but for $1000 in house money I'll adjust

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:13 am 
Site Admin

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
1K live bankroll...you can use winnings...(Started off by hitting the opener with a win/show and the start of a double...W/P/S, ex/tri, doubles are the only horizontal

So, you are watching others and playing against them, as opposed to strictly handicapping. Its going to be an adjustment, but for $1000 in house money I'll adjust

Yeah, I assume they update the leader board after each race. You need to be cognizant of where you're at. At the end the sharp guys are going to be taking whacks to get to the top. You can sit on the lead but you want to be aware that some guy may be trying to catch you with Strike Hard or O Captain and make your plays accordingly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:55 pm 

I got hammered today

glad it wasn't my money...but that's no excuse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:03 am 

THIS WEEK

Santa Anita Derby, Wood Memorial and the Bluegrass at Keeneland

Wood Memorial
#1 Mo Donegal #5 Morello #3 Early Voting

Blue Grass
#10 Smile Happy #12 Grantham

Santa Anita Derby
#4 Messier #3 Forbidden Kingdom #5 Win The Day

still working on this...nice Kee card

JORR, Rube, genius, Hawg, Walt...who is playing today???

Let's fucking go, we got a month to the Derby fellas...lets get it in gear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:47 am 
Site Admin

Santa Anita Derby: This is probably not a betting race for me. Short field. It's going to be tough to find value. If I do bet, it will probably be a small bet/flyer on Taiba.

Wood Memorial: If I can get 3/1 or better on Mo Donegal I'm on go.

Bluegrass: This is a great betting race. Zandon is my early choice to win the Derby. (Although White Abarrio has made me a believer. He has the right mental makeup to win the Derby. It would really be something though if we finally got rid of Baffert and Saffie Joseph won the race.) I'm not sure how much they care about winning this race with Zandon but they do need to pick up some points. I'll probably really be firing on this race. I do think Zandon and Smile Happy stand above the field. I'll probably be trying to hit a big tri with Golden Glider or Commandperformance on the back end. If it comes back 4-10-1/7 and I have it for $100 that should be a nice score in that big field.

KEE 3rd: Printer's Row is probably going to have to pass a lot of horses and it's his first time trying the turf, but if they go fast enough in here and it looks like they might, he can light up the board.

KEE 4th: American Sanctuary drops out of the Hutcheson where he ate a faceful of dirt in his first race off a 134 day layoff. The race under his belt and stretching back out to 8 and a half panels should help.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:45 am 

The Blue Grass is a wide open race with a vulnerable favorite in Smile Happy. I like Zandon, but am looking at Volcanic and even Fenwick as long shots.

In the Wood, I like Early Voting's pedigree as a son of Gun Runner and the fact he was a run-away winner in the Withers at 1 1/8 mi., when Morello has only gone 1 mi. so far with his win in the Gotham. I think Early Voting can steal the race on the lead, if left uncontested by Morello.

I have no reason to bet against Forbidden Kingdom in the S.A. Derby. It looks like the Kentucky Derby winner could come out of California, with the West Coast horses appearing to be stronger than those on the East Coast, except for White Abarrio.

Except for the these races, I'm going to be watching golf today.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:18 pm 

Weird things tend to happen in the California races. That's why I don't play those tracks.

Neither Messier or Forbidden Kingdom win the S.A. Derby, both around 1 odds.

That's nuts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

I gave you all three winners. You shoulda got fat! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:53 am 

Taiba might be the real deal for the Kentucky Derby. Looked powerful down the stretch.

JORR will be mad that Baffert has another one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:22 am 
Site Admin

Dignified Rube wrote:
Taiba might be the real deal for the Kentucky Derby. Looked powerful down the stretch.

JORR will be mad that Baffert has another one.

Those cheaters are certainly capable of winning another Derby, but if that horse wins off of two career starts Baffert, Yakteen, and Jimmy Barnes should all get life in prison.

Frankly, outside of getting knocked down, I don't see how Zandon is going to lose. Though as I said, I've come to respect White Abarrio from watching him race and work. He's an extremely professional animal, superior mental makeup. That's something that's critical in the Derby. Plus he'll get the full Saffie Joe prerace treatment. I suppose if Zandon gets a similar trip as he did Saturday, this time in a 20 horse field, and White Abarrio has a good enough jump, Zandon may not be able to catch him. But Zandon is a superior herd animal as well. He moved horses out of his way with his mere presence. Watch the replay of the stretch drive and see how terrified Trademark- who was running a big race- is when Zandon comes along side him. That's pure intimidation.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Zandon had a monster work the other AM .....Bet Smile Happy on November 27th ....3rd after a layoff?????

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:08 pm 

Walt! Good to see you and just in time for the Derby

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next