It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
If I set up a BetRivers account, does it matter which state I set it up in if I want to bet while passing through multiple BetRivers states (e.g. changing planes in Detroit or one of the NYC airports)?

I fly into O'Hare enough that it's not that difficult to swing through Rosemont if I have to verify my out of state residency. But in the long run, I am more likely to actually place bets in Virginia or Michigan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
If I set up a BetRivers account, does it matter which state I set it up in if I want to bet while passing through multiple BetRivers states (e.g. changing planes in Detroit or one of the NYC airports)?

I fly into O'Hare enough that it's not that difficult to swing through Rosemont if I have to verify my out of state residency. But in the long run, I am more likely to actually place bets in Virginia or Michigan.

As far as I know, you must be in Illinois to wager. When I was in Wisconsin, I couldn't place bets.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Darkside wrote:

As far as I know, you must be in Illinois to wager. When I was in Wisconsin, I couldn't place bets.

I don't think BetRivers has a physical site in Wisconsin. They do in Michigan, Virginia, and a few other states.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Darkside wrote:

I don't think BetRivers has a physical site in Wisconsin. They do in Michigan, Virginia, and a few other states.

Ah. Yeah I don't know. I'm curious tho. Let me know what you find out

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesars

Fanduel seems to allow this per their faq but I haven't tried it. I would assume draft kings would operate the same way. When I log onto fanduels michigan site it does not prompt me to head to a physical location to signup.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:24 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Ah. Yeah I don't know. I'm curious tho. Let me know what you find out

It is legal in the state you are in and they have a sight, you are good.