It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
In the Ark Derby my contenders are Secret Oath, Doppelganger, We The People, and Ben Diesel. I'll probably be leaning toward Doppelganger and hoping to get Ben Diesel into the exotics.

In Florida, I've got it narrowed down to Classic Causeway, Charge It, White Abarrio, O Captain, and Strike Hard. I think I'll be trying to get Classic Causeway off the ticket. Of course he can win and he almost certainly has the best chance to run first or second here, but if I can get him to run out I'm gonna get paid.

I think Tiz The Bomb and Black Adder stand out at Turfway. They've been pushing on Tiz The Bomb pretty hard. Supposedly heading to Europe for the classics on the grass. He'll get a little break after this race. He'll be really short-priced here. Black Adder should be an overlay. I hope.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Black Adder should be an overlay. I hope.

let's all hope...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The Florida Derby is a open race with an evenly matched field. I think Classic Causeway is probably the most talented horse in the race, while I also like White Abarrio and Charge It. Classic Causeway and White Abarrio recorded the fastest times over 1 1/16 mi. at 1:42. I find Charge It intriguing as a big horse in the Justify mold, who could surprise in this race with a big run late. He's expensive at 7/2, however. I don't think Simplification's running style fits this race well. He doesn't have the late speed to last. It's a toss up then between Classic Causeway, White Abarrio and Charge it.

Secret Oath and We the People in the Arkansas. If Barber Rd. is at 8-1 at post-time, I would consider taking him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:54 pm 

Charge It is a crazy fast horse but damn did he look like a young horse out running.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:55 pm 

The Grey won.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:18 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Charge It is a crazy fast horse but damn did he look like a young horse out running.

Yeah, he's the best horse in that race. Big effort first time vs. winners and going around two turns. Got a faceful of dirt too. It's asking a lot for him to take on the Derby. I'd be pointing him to Baltimore. Owners want to win on the first Saturday in May when they have a horse that good though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:36 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Yeah, he's the best horse in that race. Big effort first time vs. winners and going around two turns. Got a faceful of dirt too. It's asking a lot for him to take on the Derby. I'd be pointing him to Baltimore. Owners want to win on the first Saturday in May when they have a horse that good though.

Just been a long time since I have seen a horse that fast, that was disinterested in running. Maybe Blinkers could help him but that son of a bitch is damn fast.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:50 pm 

I had it 3,6 and 6,8 boxes. I didn't even have the 9.

Very frustrating when you're that close to a 2% shot.

Should have played the tri-fecta.