It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Dr. Ken bets horses
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:33 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I won $20 in South Korea. I think I'm just going to stick with show bets.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:09 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
In honor of Tall Midget, I took Communist in the 5th at Randwick in Australia.

It would be ironic if I profited personally from his success.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:14 pm 

I'll reiterate that it is disconcerting to watch horse racing in a clockwise fashion.

Communist came through. They always do. I'll throw my winnings onto the street.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:49 pm 

Some Korean horses seem unruly.

Like half of them want to be part of the group and the other half really, really don't.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:16 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
this thread is hilarious as hell.

I love it!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:05 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'll reiterate that it is disconcerting to watch horse racing in a clockwise fashion.

Hold up a mirror and watch it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:15 pm 

I just bet a horse in Australia based on the name of my K-8 grade school that had 68 kids in it. The whole school.

It won. I bet $6.80. I'm not crazy enough to bet $68. It was like 9/1.

I think I really know what I'm doing now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:22 pm 

This gambling sport is less than exhilirating.

Other than the curious aspect of horse names and countries they race in. Does anybody win money doing this?

I've been working off the same $50 I put for about the past month. I get a win and it is like $3. It passes the time but I don't see how guys spend their whole day in like OTBs or tracks doing this.

I understand they know more than I do. Everybody does. CFMB secret. But, I can't get myself to throw $50 on a horse in a particular race. It all seems so random.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

Other than the curious aspect of horse names and countries they race in. Does anybody win money doing this?

If you're serious you have to shop for your best rebate. If you're betting small money you won't get much. But one thing you can do is look for low takeout pools. For example, the PK-5 at Woodbine Mohawk has a 15% rake. It's a pretty solid bet. And whatever you do, DO NOT bet into jackpots except on the days when there is a mandatory forceout.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:41 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

If you're serious you have to shop for your best rebate. If you're betting small money you won't get much. But one thing you can do is look for low takeout pools. For example, the PK-5 at Woodbine Mohawk has a 15% rake. It's a pretty solid bet. And whatever you do, DO NOT bet into jackpots except on the days when there is a mandatory forceout.

Yes, I am serious.

And yes, this seems too hard. I don't have that kind of time. But I'll stick with it until this money is gone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yes, I am serious.

And yes, this seems too hard. I don't have that kind of time. But I'll stick with it until this money is gone.

Horse racing is the best gambling game there is. The thing preventing it from being as great as it could be is the egregious rake from most pools. If you simply made it 15% for all wagers, handle would explode. But for some reason the people that work in the industry don't believe that. I suspect most of them don't bet. At least not significant sums.

Every young guy I know is constantly on his phone betting sports. He's not an ignorant dope like most of the gamblers I grew up with and most of the old guys I see at the OTB every week. The young guys actually understand math. You're not going to get him to fire into pools with 28% takeout. Because it's impossible to win. I don't care who you are. The best handicapper in the world CANNOT win against a 28% rake.

Also the industry has gotten itself into a trick bag with its system of rebates. Let's say you and I are both playing Assiniboia Downs. The takeout from the win pool at Assiniboia is 19%. But I'm getting an 11% rebate. It's going to be tough for you to beat me there. The thing is, if I weren't getting my 11% kickback, I'd never even look at Assiniboia Downs. So eventually, you'll get chewed up and only guys like me will be left and the game collapses. It becomes like that table in Rounders where all the sharps are sitting around in Atlantic City slowly trading money.

Santa Anita has two Pick-5s. The first one which starts in the first race everyday has a 14% takeout. That's a decent bet. The second one at the end of the card has a 23.68% rake. There are hundreds of goofs that sit at OTBs across the country who aren't cognizant of those crucial facts. But there are fewer of them everyday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6