It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:10 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Working though the PP's...initial thoughts

actually my initial thoughts were that it reminded me of my youth when there was nothing on during this time of year and I would think I wanted to watch the pro bowl and then I didn't

More lucid thoughts tomorrow

R4 1-Beechnut Trophy…Jose’s going to drive this one on the rail at 12-1

Race 9
3-8-9-1
workin on it

Race 10
Mile and 1/16 on the turf (the best kinda race there is in my opinion) and this year’s version should be terrific…6-Ruby Nell…they paid 1.2 mill for and she’s done well with 5 wins and in the money for 8 of 10 starts…8/1 would be a huge value for her…9-Didia will come late, undefeated at this distance with strong connections, just don’t like the slightly declining speed numbers but her last 4 races were all graded stakes and she won two of them…8-Queen Goddess won this last year and could repeat…4-Star Fortress from Ireland debut at Churchill 2 months ago was stunning and fits in very nicely with these gals…meanwhile Chad Brown has Irad waiting with the 7-Fluffy Socks who has averaged winning over 50K every time she races…the 1-Cairo Consort fits, certainly underneath, as she likes this track…this is simply an outstanding race

6-7-9-4-8-1

Race 11
-still working on it...

Race 12
3 Integration…faster numbers each start, 700K purchase…nice jock switch…I’m against the m/l favorite 9-Warm Heart…travelled too far (Ire, GB, Fr, HK) for my liking…could easily win but against (although the weight break of 6 pounds could make a difference, and certainly figures underneath)

Race 13
4-Hoist the Gold nice win in Cigar gets speed outside…2 turns, JV should ride him well with the the outside 8 and 12-Skippylongstongings a great horse that could that has dominated here at GP and at this distance forcing speed outside…the 8-First Mission picks up the pieces and could overcome all of them…6-Senior Buscador underneath at a price

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:51 am 

Gulfstream is always a wiseguy course. I've rarely hit there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
This is a tough card. I'll probably try to work the multis. I'm tempted to single Fluffy Socks but Chad is 0-fer Gulfstream.

Also, I think this is an interesting spot for Sister O'Toole if you can get the morning line or better.

The Pegasus is a good race on papwer but somehow I just think I'll be grinding my teeth after National Treasure just jogs around and wires the field.

I think Giant Game and Tumbarumba will be good value in the Hooper.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Late Pick 5 Race 9
3,8,9/6,7,8,9/1,8,11/3,4 /4,7,8,12

Still against the probable favorite in Race 12 the 9-Warm Heart...could do me in but man she has traveled a lot to get here to face the boys

Good luck if you are playing