It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Opening Day
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Cubs -130(ML) over Brewers

NY Mets -1.5 over Marlins (Santana will look great, who wouldnt against that l/u?)

Cleveland -1.5 over CWS.

Just curious...why is every line at 1.5(Pinnaclesports.com)? Is it because Vegas has no idea what to expect on Opening Day?

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:04 am 

pizza_Place: ***
The lines are always -1.5 in baseball, with very occasionally a -2.5 option for very lopsided games, and even with the spread the result usually isn't the usual -110. For example, a game that's -150 ML will probably be about +150 (or so) -1.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:16 am 
1000 CLUB

you are looking at the run lines. All run lines are 1.5. At Pinnacle, the money line is right next to the run lines in the next column. You just weren't looking at the whole thing. Pinnacle may be the best and sharper lines, but they are really irrelevant as Americans can't use Pinnacle (legally anyway from any US computer or phone).

At Pinnacle, for example, your Mets -1.5, -131 bet for example is also available on the moneyline for Mets at -204. You didn't show the juice in your run line bets, but that is crucial to whether you will win or not. If you bet favorites, like you just did, you better have about 65% winners to make money. Just keeping track of Ws and Ls doesn't work in baseball. You could lose a lot of money picking 60% winners.

Last edited by Coast2Coast on Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:18 am 

Coast2Coast wrote:
you are looking at the run lines. All run lines are 1.5. At Pinnacle, the money line is right next to the run lines in the next column. You just weren't looking at the whole thing. Pinnacle may be the best and sharper lines, but they are really irrelevant as Americans can't use Pinnacle (legally anyway from any US computer or phone).

I see. I dont gamble online anyway. I went to Vegas for a weekend and thats the only time I officially gambled. Other than that it has been just with friends. What are the best sites in the US to use... and do they accept any debit card, credit card, or bank account number?

To rock my soul

Last edited by FavreFan on Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:24 am 
1000 CLUB

If you're not actually gambling, then Pinny is fine. They are the sharpest lines in the business. I use Matchbook for baseball. Much cheaper juice and you can, in effect, set your own lines. It is a true betting exchange, not a book. Best lines and lowest juice in baseball.

For example, consider your Mets -1.5, -131 bet. You could go to Matchbook and offer that at Mets -1.5, -125. If somebody agreed to take the other side of that bet (+1.5, +125), you would have a bet. Now many people who liked the other side would take your bet because the best price they would probably find elsewhere would be +1.5, +121. Matchbook shows the current lowest price for all offers on both sides of every game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 am 

Coast2Coast wrote:
If you're not actually gambling, then Pinny is fine. They are the sharpest lines in the business. I use Matchbook for baseball. Much cheaper juice and you can, in effect, set your own lines. It is a true betting exchange, not a book. Best lines and lowest juice in baseball.

For example, consider your Mets -1.5, -131 bet. You could go to Matchbook and offer that at Mets -1.5, -125. If somebody agreed to take the other side of that bet (+1.5, +125), you would have a bet. Now many people who liked the other side would take your bet because the best price they would probably find elsewhere would be +1.5, +121. Matchbook shows the current lowest price for all offers on both sides of every game.

What if you are looking to bet? Is it as simple as having a bank account? And what are the best sites(or other mediums) as far as your experience has shown?

To rock my soul