It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Football Magazine
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:19 pm 

Question for you guys. 2 years ago I bought a magazine that had all the D1 teams and NFL teams schedules in it, with grids for you to right the final scores, totals, and closing lines. Last year I couldn't find it anywhere, anybody know where I could find this for this season?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Doc's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

If you are looking for previous years, you can get every team's spreads for every game for the last ten years or so at the "past scores and ratings" section of goldsheet.com. In season, there are several places to get spread stats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:33 pm 

I'm looking for a magazine I can buy in a store, where its blank and you fill it in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm not sure what magazines have those, but the regular Nevada rotation schedules showing the entire schedule with blanks to fill in scores and lines, etc. are usually free. You can order them to be delivered to your home, if you want. Or you can download and print your own. The 08 schedules are not out yet (the game schedules are set, but the exact betting rotation is not yet set for the whole season). But as soon as they are ready, you will find them on this same site:
http://www.jimfeist.com/stats-schedules.html

Click on last year's schedules available on this site, look at them and see if that's what you're looking for.

Post subject: Phil Steele's mag
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Nino's in Wheeling
Phil Steele has a great magazine for football with all of the trends, ATS, totals etc.

It can be found at Barnes & Noble or Borders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:55 am 

Thanks guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Phil Steele's college football mag is a must for college football bettors and is MUCH better than other mags. I got mine at Borders and I've already begun studying it and circling possible spots. It has the schedule in it and 10 year history of ATS performance...but not the blanks to write in spreads and scores Schmitty is looking for.

Steele's NFL mag is ok, but not necessarily better than several other NFL mags.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:30 pm 

Coast2Coast wrote:
Phil Steele's college football mag is a must for college football bettors and is MUCH better than other mags. I got mine at Borders and I've already begun studying it and circling possible spots. It has the schedule in it and 10 year history of ATS performance...but not the blanks to write in spreads and scores Schmitty is looking for.

Steele's NFL mag is ok, but not necessarily better than several other NFL mags.

Coast, what would you recommend for the NFL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't really have one. They are all about the same to me and frankly, I rely on websites for the NFL more than mags. For a good NFL mag or mags, it might depend a little on what you're looking for. If you are into fundamentals and overviews of teams then Street & Smith, Lindy's, Athlon and Steele are all about the same. Steele has more of a gamblers focus, but the content is pretty similar. But these mags are written in May, so anything happening after that (like Cedric Benson cut) isn't in the mag. If you are really into ATS trends (team x is 20-1 when playing an AFC team on Monday night), then the Mark Lawrence mag is what you want. While I don't pay a lot of attention to backfit trends in actually making bets, I do usually buy the Lawrence mag so I'm at least informed as to what they are.

What I really need to know to make NFL bets is not found in mags. I need to know who is playing for what team after all the trades and drafts and final cuts are made. Mags are useless for this. The most valuable thing I use for that are the player rosters and depth charts on NFL.com or yahoo.com. For spread information and histories and matchup info, I use goldsheet.com for history and pregame.com and covers.com for matchup info the week of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Pro Football Prospectus comes out 2nd week in July, and is probably the best book on the market. Not exactly a mag, and not gambling-oriented, but lots of original info and a lot of stuff you won't get elsewhere.

If you're looking for easy historical info, I have a spreadsheet database with every NFL game from the past 11 years with lines, O/Us, and a bunch of other info. PM me for details.

Post subject: Re: Football Magazine
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:38 pm 

Found a magazine called Playbook. Has all the trends and sheets for you to fill in. Covers college and pro.

Post subject: Re: Football Magazine
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Schmitty, that's the Mark Lawrence mag I mentioned previously.

I'll buy your spreadsheet, IB. A man can never have too much information. Let me know what you want me to do.