It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Your Play Of The Week
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:47 pm 

The braintrust worked so well this week, let's try it again. Give us your single best college and pro choice.

Wisconsin -6.5 at Michigan

I have been against UM all year and they have shown me no reason to jump on their side. Their players on O are inexperienced and both unready and unable to run Rodriguez' game. Now they are going up against one of the top defenses in their conference. On O Wisky has two of the best RBs in the conference and will simply run it down the throats of Michigan.

Browns +3.5 at Bengals

I shit the bed with the browns last week (intended). This week they go up against a much more forgiving D against a bad team coming off a win. Even if the Bengals can get their O going, I expect the Browns to explode this week. Take a strong look at the over 44 as well. I always love to go against the Bengals as a favorite.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Monday night:
Pittsburgh Steelers -5.5 vs. Baltimore
Baltimore's wins over Cleveland and Cincy have proven nothing to me. Good spot for Steelers, home on Monday night off a loss.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Jets -1 Cardinals.

John Madden wrote:
Brett Favre will show the world what Brett Favre can do and why he is Brett Favre. When you have a Brett Favre on your team, your team can do amazing things. That's just what Brett Favre does. He's amazing! Now pass me a turducken leg, Mike...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Rice -17

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Buffalo -9 @ St. Louis

The Bills are 1 of 3 teams that are 9 point favs on the road. Den @ KC and SD @ Oak are the other two. Buffalo barely squeaked out a win as 9 point favs at home to Oak last week. St. Louis has Trent "what's my name, no really, who am I?" Green to start for the recently papered Marc Bulger. Is that Fred Smerlas or Kyle Williams at nose tackle? Either way the Bills bring home a double digit win.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:43 pm 

On the other side again--ARZ +1.

College--W. Mich/Temple under 47

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:05 am 

Purdue +1

Slow, ugly, and the under 46.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:21 am 
1000 CLUB

Ohio St. -19: First off, Minnesota was 1-11 last season, but, so far this season under their new coach Tim Brewster, they have looked like a much improved team with a 4-0 start to the season. This will be their first test though against a Big 10 caliber team, and they have a horrible history in Columbus, going 1-17 lifetime there. In their last 17 Big 10 road openers, Minnesota is also just a 2-15.....Minnesota comes in averaging 36.3 PPG on just over 400 yards of offense per game. Ohio St. has allowed just 14.8 PPG on 247.8 YPG. Minnesota has had a lot of success rushing the ball, averaging 162 yards per game, but OSU has given up under 100 yards per game on the ground so this may be the stat that defines today's game and force QB Adam Weber (another guy off to a great start with a 71.8%, 967 yards passing, 7 TD, 1 INT) to make plays in the passing game. Last season, Weber did throw 19 INT's, and OSU does have 7 INT's already this season, and allowing a much lower 57% completion percentage. As long as OSU is able to shut down the rushing game, they have shown the ability to create turnovers. OSU is 13-2 in their last 15 Big 10 openers and have won their last three by an average of 33 points per game. They are averaging only 25 PPG, but finally got their offense going in the 2nd half against Troy, and finally have some consistentcy with Pryor now at QB, and RB Beanie Wells back today as well. His ability to break big plays should be a great help to Pryor's development as well. OSU does average about 163 rushing yards per game, and Minnesota gives up about 109....Minnesota allows 17.5 PPG, but like I mentioned, they have played weak competition, and if they over compensate on Pryor or Wells, the other is capable of making big plays. Another big plus for OSU's offense is Minnesota's lack of pass rush with just 3 sacks this season. Teams with a rush can bother the OSU offense, but I expect Pryor will have all the time he needs today....OSU is 22-7 ATS in Big 10 play the past few seasons, and although they are 0-3 ATS this season, I think Minnesota's younger team, while improving, is walking into a tough place to play against a team that finally is showing signs of offensive life. Ohio St. wins big today.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
My "Play of the Week" involves laying the lumber and taking the Philadelphia Eagles with the 3 1/2 at Soldier Field tomorrow night over the Chicago Bears. This one could get ugly, especially with the Eagles' defense constantly pressuring Kyle Orton all night on the lakefront & confusing him into making Rex Grossman-like mistakes. I don't know if it'll reach a point where we might see #8 warming up on the sidelines, but even without Brian Westbrook, I think Donovan McNabb gives Bear fans what they're missing as Philly wins by at least 10 points.