It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:49 am 

Les is on vacation and the Score has imported a guy who works afternoon drive in KC to do the show.He actually presents topics, doesn't let callers drone on without a point to make and is familiar with what is happening in the sports world TODAY. And he has opinions! I'm impressed and I would like to hear more.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:57 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
orioleboy wrote:
Les is on vacation and the Score has imported a guy who works afternoon drive in KC to do the show.He actually presents topics, doesn't let callers drone on without a point to make and is familiar with what is happening in the sports world TODAY. And he has opinions! I'm impressed and I would like to hear more.

They brought in a guy from KC to fill an open slot?

Isn't there anybody at The Score with any desire to be an on-air host? Seems like an excellent opportunity to put in a large amount of flight time and work on your craft. That's amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:59 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
If I were on the Score B-team and Mitch effectively told me he'd rather have someone from Kansas City fly in and talk about Chicago sports than have me do it, I'd probably start considering a bright future in sales.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:00 am 

orioleboy wrote:

This sounds really boring. The best part of Les' show is the drunken bafoons that stumble on for 5+ minutes. It's like listening to Leash talk Bulls.

Last edited by Douchebag on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:03 am 

"I don't like how unstructured and weird this overnight AM radio show is!" is something that can only be uttered by a man who eats instant oatmeal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:44 am 

Hey Afternoon Drive Guy in Kansas City, do you want to upgrade and do a show in Chicago at 2am?

New York City is to Chicago as Chicago is to Kansas City.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:53 am 

If Les Grobstein went to New York for a week to sit in for Steve Somers, everyone would be like "who's the normal guy?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
yah, agreed that letting callers run is part and parcel of late night radio. classic loveline was good at extended caller interaction. "live" podcasting should excel at this, with the ability for anyone with a computer to host skype conference calls etc and zero FCC regulation. maybe some day it will. right now podcasting seems obsessed with recreating old time radio style audio stories/mysteries, esp true crime.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:27 pm 

Picturing noted Les-hater Scorehead listening to Art Bell or some shit, wondering when we're finally going to get down to business already about these UFOs whose lasers make you gay.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Remember when Scorehead was a huge Les fan just because he wasn't Bernstein? He'd show up in random threads bigfan posted in just to request a Les forum.