It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Chus wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Technically, he just said "Nope" to "out with it," which could mean he refused to say who he was.

However, I like the implication that lying to Don Tiny is an offense above and beyond other lies.

Oh, it is. You watch your mouth when you speak to Don Tiny.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Thanks to the Big 3 for keeping this together.

And BRick and IMU.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

So what I've gathered is that BIG FAN pretty much had a mental break down.

Doc, your wife sounds young. She talks with the enthusiasm of a teenager. That's not an insult. It's a compliment. We all shouldn't lose that. Good for her. Tell her I said that. Tell her one day she'll be able to throw a drink in my face.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
BD, I hope you're out of chains because your post right there is a bit creepy.

Great to hear all that stuff on the podcast. BRick is the hero we needed but never deserved.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:49 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I had no idea that so much went into the guys keeping the bored alive during the transition and ousting. Much appreciated, Nas, BRick, JORR, Seacrest, etc., thank you.
No problem.

Since I don't live local enough to get to the Dr. Ken estates I'll share my side of it. Honestly, and this isn't modesty, I didn't do much.

However, let's go back in time.
This goes back to when bigfan did the mass banning about the Ferguson rioting. It was obvious before that the way the board was being moderated was changing. bigfan just hated certain people and that was not going to change. I tried to play mediator for a while and while it was cordial between me and bigfan he was treating me almost as a traitor for not wanting to accept that certain people were gone forever. We also had started playing Clash Of Clans more and it actually gave us some power to organize. Make no mistake, bigfan HATED that we played Clash Of Clans together. He did not like the loss of control. The ironic part was he was part of the clan for a while and could have just enjoyed it but that isn't really relevant. Well, when bigfan went on his banning spree he was told that he isn't going to be in the clan with a bunch of guys he banned and others he is threatening to ban. So his reaction was to ban all discussion about the game outside of IMU's signature which was a quote of his about going there and playing the game but don't talk about it here.

So, it became pretty clear that some people, leash and FavreFan for sure, and I think Douchebag, were likely to NEVER be back. So, the topic in CoC came up that we aren't just going to accept never being on a message board with those guys. However, the issue is that at the time there was no way we could create a second board without massive blowback from people and none of us, even the guys who were banned, wanted to be the next outcasts like KS, OKC, and Peeps. Now, the new board would have been open to all which was the primary mistake they made but still it was a valid concern. So, we were in a holding period giving bigfan every chance to eventually come to his senses. However, I did purchase a domain name around the time that was unused but designed as a landing spot in the case of bigfan either shutting down the board or following through on some of his other threats towards other people like me and IMU. As an example, he sent me a PM out of the blue asking "STAY OR GO?" because he heard rumors of us discussing a new board and that he wasn't going to let us stay and advertise a new board(which didn't exist at the time and was never mentioned on this board). I responded I wanted to stay but we also had a backup plan in the case that he banned us. This was after months of trying to reason with him to just let them back. The major issue was that he viewed any conversation with him as trying to force him to do something rather than the logical "We just want to talk with our friends" argument that is where we were coming from. No one ever wanted to create another board and we were honestly waiting for bigfan to either go all the way or let them back in. I believe a year later FF and leash were reinstated which is actually quite a testament to them that they basically took a year ban for no good reason and didn't get mad at us for not just creating a new board. So, things were all good and back to normal!

I do find it interesting, that when bigfan was thinking of selling, he didn't get anyone involved who was in CoC besides Nas but I'm guessing he had negative feelings towards all of us.

So, fast forward to the time he wanted to sell. Nas had asked me if I would help in the transition and I said I would. Then a few months went by and I didn't hear anything until it was posted on the board. Nas told the stories about what happened and who did what. My only real part was telling him constantly that bigfan not turning over the domain name was a huge deal though I think he knew that. I also talked with him about a backup plan which was them using a different domain name to keep continuity of the board being up as the worst thing that could have happened was the board going down for weeks while they discussed. Also, it was so incredibly smart for the three wisemen to have a backup of the site even if it was inaccessible to the outside world as it made the next part so easy.

bigfan seemed dead set on taking back his addresses because the three wisemen let people come back he didn't want. I offered once again and they accepted the move to chicagofanatics.com which I moved over once I sorted out some of the strange things with the setup and we were good to go. Later that week, I transferred ownership of this domain name so I don't have any control over it(which is what bigfan should have done the moment he transferred ownership).

It all worked out. My role was relatively minor but I'm glad that it all worked out. The three wisemen deserve all the credit. IMU also came in and did some good things too but we kind of worked on different things so I don't know his exact role as well as I know my own. There was a board issue I was unable to work on based on real life conflicts and he got it fixed too.

At least throw a tl;dr or ce'st la vie in there somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I had no idea that so much went into the guys keeping the bored alive during the transition and ousting. Much appreciated, Nas, BRick, JORR, Seacrest, etc., thank you.
No problem.

Since I don't live local enough to get to the Dr. Ken estates I'll share my side of it. Honestly, and this isn't modesty, I didn't do much.

This goes back to when bigfan did the mass banning about the Ferguson rioting. It was obvious before that the way the board was being moderated was changing. bigfan just hated certain people and that was not going to change. I tried to play mediator for a while and while it was cordial between me and bigfan he was treating me almost as a traitor for not wanting to accept that certain people were gone forever. We also had started playing Clash Of Clans more and it actually gave us some power to organize. Make no mistake, bigfan HATED that we played Clash Of Clans together. He did not like the loss of control. The ironic part was he was part of the clan for a while and could have just enjoyed it but that isn't really relevant. Well, when bigfan went on his banning spree he was told that he isn't going to be in the clan with a bunch of guys he banned and others he is threatening to ban. So his reaction was to ban all discussion about the game outside of IMU's signature which was a quote of his about going there and playing the game but don't talk about it here.

So, it became pretty clear that some people, leash and FavreFan for sure, and I think Douchebag, were likely to NEVER be back. So, the topic in CoC came up that we aren't just going to accept never being on a message board with those guys. However, the issue is that at the time there was no way we could create a second board without massive blowback from people and none of us, even the guys who were banned, wanted to be the next outcasts like KS, OKC, and Peeps. Now, the new board would have been open to all which was the primary mistake they made but still it was a valid concern. So, we were in a holding period giving bigfan every chance to eventually come to his senses. However, I did purchase a domain name around the time that was unused but designed as a landing spot in the case of bigfan either shutting down the board or following through on some of his other threats towards other people like me and IMU. As an example, he sent me a PM out of the blue asking "STAY OR GO?" because he heard rumors of us discussing a new board and that he wasn't going to let us stay and advertise a new board(which didn't exist at the time and was never mentioned on this board). I responded I wanted to stay but we also had a backup plan in the case that he banned us. This was after months of trying to reason with him to just let them back. The major issue was that he viewed any conversation with him as trying to force him to do something rather than the logical "We just want to talk with our friends" argument that is where we were coming from. No one ever wanted to create another board and we were honestly waiting for bigfan to either go all the way or let them back in. I believe a year later FF and leash were reinstated which is actually quite a testament to them that they basically took a year ban for no good reason and didn't get mad at us for not just creating a new board. So, things were all good and back to normal!

I do find it interesting, that when bigfan was thinking of selling, he didn't get anyone involved who was in CoC besides Nas but I'm guessing he had negative feelings towards all of us.

So, fast forward to the time he wanted to sell. Nas had asked me if I would help in the transition and I said I would. Then a few months went by and I didn't hear anything until it was posted on the board. Nas told the stories about what happened and who did what. My only real part was telling him constantly that bigfan not turning over the domain name was a huge deal though I think he knew that. I also talked with him about a backup plan which was them using a different domain name to keep continuity of the board being up as the worst thing that could have happened was the board going down for weeks while they discussed. Also, it was so incredibly smart for the three wisemen to have a backup of the site even if it was inaccessible to the outside world as it made the next part so easy.

bigfan seemed dead set on taking back his addresses because the three wisemen let people come back he didn't want. I offered once again and they accepted the move to chicagofanatics.com which I moved over once I sorted out some of the strange things with the setup and we were good to go. Later that week, I transferred ownership of this domain name so I don't have any control over it(which is what bigfan should have done the moment he transferred ownership).

It all worked out. My role was relatively minor but I'm glad that it all worked out. The three wisemen deserve all the credit. IMU also came in and did some good things too but we kind of worked on different things so I don't know his exact role as well as I know my own. There was a board issue I was unable to work on based on real life conflicts and he got it fixed too.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:05 am 

Tl;Dr leash and ff almost cost me everything.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:11 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick[quote="Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
No problem.

Quote:

Quote:
[/quote]

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
:lol: That may go unnoticed.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
i just discovered this and it's very cool. so the board members have like their own radio show. Really neato! Reminds me back when we got a new channel on the tv in Chicago, Channel 60 (or was it 50) back in the early 80s. Everyone was so excited!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Listened to this one today. Another good one. Thank you for doing these, they sure are more interesting than sports radio :cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
a genius wrote:
they sure are more interesting than sports radio :cheers:

Agreed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
The Bandit likes new MacGyver?

Grounds for divorce...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:46 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Weird. Massive spike today in the downloads of this specific episode.

Higher than the day it was released 3 weeks ago. Odd.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Weird. Massive spike today in the downloads of this specific episode.

Higher than the day it was released 3 weeks ago. Odd.

Today is national podcast day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:52 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
I wondered if it was because it discusses board history/transition.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:20 pm 

Any hits from India?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:22 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Any hits from India?

No.

Some China, though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
International Doc!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:19 pm 

I had to listen to this one and the first with Frank.

It also meant that I was ready for Arby's curly fries and chicken from that spot in "downtown" Joliet, if only because I couldn't remember the sauces :D