It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CFR 014 - Ramble On
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:44 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Couple things going on this week. I did a little solo action leading into Ugie and I talking golf and Chus and I discussing how we met our wives.

In between there's some March Madness discussion and thoughts about "The Jewels".

00:00 - Intro / What Are (Am I) Drinking?

01:45 - How Was Your Week? Solo Rambling.

05:19 - Spiegel & Parkins

07:35 - Various March Madness discussions

14:20 - Ugie has good golf thoughts - Dr. Ken has rambling golf thoughts.

34:12 - Chus joins me to discuss how we met our wives - Dr. Ken gets too real for a minute and then we get back to it....

45:43 - Outro...

Help out the podcast if you can by going to iTunes and leaving a Rating or Review to help us out with the search results. Or, you can always get in touch by emailing us at CFMBCast@gmail.com or on Twitter @CFMBCast. Have a great week!

Read more at http://chicagofanatics.libsyn.com/#l4ESmwLXGd2hDyje.99

Post subject: Re: CFR 014 - Ramble On
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Excellent, great commuting material.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:12 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
denisdman wrote:

I'm sorry for your commute.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I'm sorry for your commute.

:lol:

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:38 am 

Funny about your son not wanting to go to UIUC. My daughter is a high school sophomore, and she wants to go there. Oh the irony of a big U of I supporter like you having to pay for an out of state public university, while a hater like me would have to set foot on the campus that inspired the classic Daily Illini article, "Trash n Burn."

Edit: My copy of the article has been sent to the podcast gmail account. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:03 am 

denisdman wrote:
Funny about your son not wanting to go to UIUC. My daughter is a high school sophomore, and she wants to go there. Oh the irony of a big U of I supporter like you having to pay for an out of state public university, while a hater like me would have to set foot on the campus that inspired the classic Daily Illini article, "Trash n Burn."

Thanks for the article. I always enjoy reading about students throwing furniture out 3rd-story windows. I didn't even think you could open those.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:44 am 

The windows did open. Where the problem was is the screens. If you popped one out, it could only be put in by a qualified union professional. The folks in our dorm got charged $60 a pop for the screen being out of its track. Stupid smokers....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Enjoyed the golf chatter. I really should wear a Chicago Fanatics t-shirt when I walk around Augusta this year. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Great show. Liked the solo opening and I learned a lot about golf clubs.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
T-Bone wrote:
Enjoyed the golf chatter. I really should wear a Chicago Fanatics t-shirt when I walk around Augusta this year. :lol:

Do these exist?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Don Tiny wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Do these exist?

They do

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Don Tiny wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Do these exist?

I was only half kidding. If they existed I would buy one. I owned a couple of the former board t-shirts at one time.

Where does one purchase a new t-shirt?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Solo Dr. was good. Reminded me a bit of the DJ guy on Northern Exposure back in the day. Not sure why. I started a thread on the whole Beta question a while back. It is conceptually, mysteriously amusing (don't grammar check this please). Been a while since I played golf. Ugie and his quote for new sticks was an eye opener. Didn't I see somewhere that Dr. Ken played at a higher level back in the day? Is there a reason this is not discussed with Ugie? Or did I misread something? Happens frequently at my advanced age.

Thank you again for making 47 minutes of CTA more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:34 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
Didn't I see somewhere that Dr. Ken played at a higher level back in the day? Is there a reason this is not discussed with Ugie? Or did I misread something? Happens frequently at my advanced age.

I played in some tournaments throughout high school in the late 1980s and then for a few years after into the early 1990s. I toyed with the idea of trying to walk-on to the University of Illinois team (they sucked at that time). I knew a guy on the team and he was averaging in the upper 70s, granted, on some challenging courses but I figured a solid summer would have gotten me in position to give it a shot but I ended up working nights all summer to pay for school and never got to it.

I didn't think my "expertise" would be all that relevant these days. Plus, I didn't want to have to pay royalties to Bruce Springsteen for how many times I'd have to drop in "Glory Days" during the segment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Good stuff from Ugie on Tiger.

It's pretty obvious Eldrick is too stubborn for his own good. He's done.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
No joke: if I was in that situation Ken found himself in at the Jewels, I would have played it off like I was so fucking offended by those two women that someone would leave crying.

Probably me, but not the point.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Nas wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Do these exist?

They do

Liar.

Cheap, high-quality polo shirts would be nice, if we had a logo more suited to being embroidered right above the left tit on said polo shirt.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Don Tiny wrote:
Nas wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Do these exist?

They do

Liar.

Cheap, high-quality polo shirts would be nice, if we had a logo more suited to being embroidered right above the left tit on said polo shirt.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
I'd ask for one of the t-shirts but don't want to get banned again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Thanks for the article. I always enjoy reading about students throwing furniture out 3rd-story windows. I didn't even think you could open those.

My roommate and I may have launched our carpet rennet out the 4th floor window if Allison Hall in 95. Butt the lookouts assured us that if this happened there were no witnesses as to which window it went out of.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
What happened to the teaser to review The Accountant in the beginning of the show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:11 pm 

My Coach Vinny wrote:
What happened to the teaser to review The Accountant in the beginning of the show.

I couldn't convince her to do it and I was too lazy to go back and edit it out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I love all you guys, which is why I must be honest: hearing how you met your wives seems as appealing as hearing about IMU's hot hatch upgrades. Again, my feedback is out of love.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Hey dr ken </ABC Sitcom> whenever I look at these podcast table of contents I can see why I'd be an oddball ~38th round draft pick for doing one of these, seeing as I don't really have a good story about how I met our wives [*rimshot*] nor do I really have deep thoughts on Speagol & Porkrinds or some funny anecdotes from my last trip to Binny's...

BUT

You know I could embrace my status here as "that weirdo" du jour and maybe try to sit down and do a one time thing (outside of my memoirs / great American novel / etc) where I sit down and talk about all the mysterious "casual encounters" I had when I made all these tracks between mid-august and November 2009,, and I can parlay that into the whole "why I used to run around the board talking about Alexa Chung to such an extent that I might have singlehandedly scared off Dewskie" thing, because if you start to factor in odd "chance" meetings I had with ppl inside Cook county jail / mental health siesta and then outside of Cook County Jail / Mental Heatlh Siesta... yikes! "I live[d] that live" - Kool kdith

Basically, I got "casually encountered" by someone/something, and if you all are willing to temporarily hold off on the DID. NOT. HAPPEN. I'd be willing to sit down and do an "exclusive" here where I can tell all these stories (cuz I think my vocal storytelling ability > typing them out [ask CH + JORR =] plus a host/moderator/other-guests-there-to-BLAM-sini-with-the-DNH-cannon could do follow up ?s / interjections / etc to get a better idea if(/why?) all this shit really happened to me... Or if I'm actually creative + clever in that I can make all of this shit up to convince ppl that I'm perhaps more than an anonymous loser rotting away in a random grandpa's basement in suburban Chicago.

I figure this might be an interesting idea for a podcast (especially since we can shelve all my high/concept ideas I PM'd you about b4) when you consider most ppl here assume I'm nuts and don't like me anyways, so why not delve right into the core of my "loathsome insanity" and I can present my case as to, example, why I didn't have a mental breakdown back when I was doing all that Alexa Chung shit here in 2012;. I know if I explain what was going on and put that epoch in context I can finally explain to the board what that was all about cuz like.... Dude. I seriously wonder what's going on when a decent looking chick seems to have interest in me, so why would I believe a British model/presenter with 1mil+ Twitter followers wants to have anything to do with me? I can explain... If you/ppl-here want! *Twilight zone theme*

Either way no big whoop, I just figured I'd toss this out there as an idea cuz hey, at least badrogue17 would be interested in hearing all this shit, amirite?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:00 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
And hey I started spitballing stories I could tell and I easily have a dozen, and you can find out [example] why I stopped making music in November 2009 and put all that stuff on indefinite hiatus until I was "good and ready [to deal with it]" --- and no it's not becsuse I heard my inner IMU / Tall Midget going "lol you suck / you're a joke" and created all this bullshit up to cover for that....

Besides, this is all a catch 22 for my haters (unless you wanna claim I was on some super-delusional ~4 month to ~4 year acid trip I guess? ) --- either all this [relatively?] amazing shit happened to me [because ???] Or I'm pretty fucking brilliant to come up with all this stuff with the kind of detail requisite for someone telling you about what happened to him, so either way it's like I'm not just some anonymous loser sitting in a random grandpa's basement in Chicagoland...

...Which is why I give this podcast somewhere between a 1-3% chance of happening! No #IllegalExitFromTheGameGrid here [so you'd have to wait til September for that........ Non exit! =]

But hey, I'd love to put this out there and have all y'all tell me what you think this was / all about, cuz I think one of the reasons "they" like/d me was that I never bothered to ask. I just kinda rolled with all this crazy shit as it happened, blogged about it on livejournal as it happened [long since deleted] and yeah, you know, I never got too caught up in the who / where / when / why / how-s of it all cuz u know.... Shit, one way or another it was flattering... You know?

(Yes, you know it DID. NOT. HAPPEN. =)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:29 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Sini, this is like a ~70 minute podcast. You would be hard pressed to get thru your introduction in that amount of time.

leashyourkids wrote:
I love all you guys, which is why I must be honest: hearing how you met your wives seems as appealing as hearing about IMU's hot hatch upgrades. Again, my feedback is out of love.

That was my mail order bride.

Hey, you weren't home, so I signed for her.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Sini, this is like a ~70 minute podcast. You would be hard pressed to get thru your introduction in that amount of time.

leashyourkids wrote:

That was my mail order bride.

Hey, you weren't home, so I signed for her.

Frank & Ken,
This is how things work in the radio/podcast biz. No matter what you guys talk about,somebody is going to say it sucks. I am going to listen today. I have no problem hearing how you guys met your wives.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Its cool, jimmy. I hope you really think this episode sucks because I am not on it :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.