It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Chus wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
So did Doc know you were the doxxing investigator when you recorded or was he oblivious as you were both painstakingly tiptoeing around the issue?

Please don't drag Dr. Ken into this. He has nothing to do with any of it. Point your guns at me.

Well you were a guest on his podcast. You talked about the doxxing and you certainly gave the impression that you were just an observer like all of us. I'm just curious because either you did a hell of tap dance routine or Doc had to do some creative editing to keep your name clear.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
That made no sense.

Exactly.

You intended to make no sense? Why?

Because the leap in comparison Chus made also made no sense.

It's pretty safe to assume that is anything is communicated over the internet, it's "published" and probably at risk for being circulated. So, no, it probably won't make the New York Times, but that's not even close to the point.

That's stupid. How is a private message on the board more public than a text message? Is it because it's on a website? So any private communication via the web is public? Like your online banking or if you chat on your credit card website with an agent about charges on your card? How utterly ridiculous.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Yeah... I mean the media is irrelevant. If he told someone over the phone or via text it's a private conversation, as is a private message. It was not intended for wider audience. Someone else made it public.

I fail to see how multiple people isn't "a wider audience". If I sent a PRIVATE MESSAGE to everyone on the planet with your dick size, would I have published it?

How many more red herrings are you going to present to the class?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

pizza_Place: Investigating
formerlyknownas wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
formerlyknownas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Here's the definition:

dox
däks/
verbinformal
gerund or present participle: doxxing
search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.

I taught a lower-level class that was largely about doxxing and it does have its moral uses.

:lol: Sorry, had to read Charlotte's Web. Anyway: Civil disobedience (if you dox someone despite knowing it's a pretty shitty thing to do) and self-defense. Only problem is that some people (SJWs, wacko Christian fundamentalists, and everyone in between) interpret self-defense differently.

Otherwise, it's informing. We don't need that kind of society. There are alternatives.

Thank you my good internet person. Great book. We appear to be weaving a few webs of our own. Hoping they can be untangled at so.e point.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
That made no sense.

Exactly.

You intended to make no sense? Why?

Because the leap in comparison Chus made also made no sense.

It's pretty safe to assume that is anything is communicated over the internet, it's "published" and probably at risk for being circulated. So, no, it probably won't make the New York Times, but that's not even close to the point.

I haven't published my emails but you're telling me that I did?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:13 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Yeah... I mean the media is irrelevant. If he told someone over the phone or via text it's a private conversation, as is a private message. It was not intended for wider audience. Someone else made it public.

I fail to see how multiple people isn't "a wider audience". If I sent a PRIVATE MESSAGE to everyone on the planet with your dick size, would I have published it?

So it's a number of people? Ok... so if I have a party of 100 people for dinner at a resturaunt i cannot call it a private party and anything i say at that event is published info?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Darkside wrote:
That's stupid. How is a private message on the board more public than a text message? Is it because it's on a website? So any private communication via the web is public? Like your online banking or if you chat on your credit card website with an agent about charges on your card? How utterly ridiculous.

I've not said any of those things. What's "stupid" is assuming that people with information about an unpopular poster won't share that information on the board when the information was originally given for that purpose.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:16 pm 

Darkside wrote:

I've not said any of those things. What's "stupid" is assuming that people with information about an unpopular poster won't share that information on the board when the information was originally given for that purpose.

So, I should never share anything with anybody, because they might share that information down the road? And if they do share, then it's my fault that it got out?
How far back do you place the blame in a game of telephone?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:17 pm 

Darkside wrote:

Ok now were getting somewhere. So you say that chus privately disseminated the information then. But he should have known that someone was going to make it public. But whoever made it public was not chus. Therefore.... chus did not doxx.
Good chat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Nobama's
Darkside wrote:

The incident in question occurred during the Obama administration's failed 8 years in power. There have been less solicitation cases since Obama left office.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chus wrote:
Darkside wrote:

So, I should never share anything with anybody, because they might share that information down the road? And if they do share, then it's my fault that it got out?

I think that's something only you can answer in the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:

So it's a number of people? Ok... so if I have a party of 100 people for dinner at a resturaunt i cannot call it a private party and anything i say at that event is published info?

You will have "published" that information to your guests, yes. You're getting hung up on the erroneous equation of "publish" with "public".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:20 pm 

Chus wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Why don't you answer it. You're the one throwing the stones now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:21 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:

You will have "published" that information to your guests, yes. You're getting hung up on the erroneous equation of "publish" with "public".

Wow. So I literally cannot have a private conversation which you wouldn't consider publishing information then.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

But Obama wrote:
Darkside wrote:

The incident in question occurred during the Obama administration's failed 8 years in power. There have been less solicitation cases since Obama left office.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Chus wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Why don't you answer it. You're the one throwing the stones now.

Not for me to answer. But I also didn't have the information.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Come on, Chus. The rub is that you went on the podcast and acted like you were almost against this whole thing. That simply doesn't jive with sending mass PM's advertising it. Just admit you were part of it and move on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
27 more posts and this will be more popular the the McNeil podcast thread.

Chus moves meters.

Not for me to answer. But I also didn't have the information.

Wow. That's cowardly.

1000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
27 more posts and this will be more popular the the McNeil podcast thread.

Chus moves meters.

Ratings baby!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:26 pm 

But Obama wrote:
Darkside wrote:

The incident was in '07.

FAIL.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:27 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Wow. So I literally cannot have a private conversation which you wouldn't consider publishing information then.

A private conversation with 100 people?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
leashyourkids wrote:
Come on, Chus. The rub is that you went on the podcast and acted like you were almost against this whole thing. That simply doesn't jive with sending mass PM's advertising it. Just admit you were part of it and move on.

Chus has admitted it. Darkside is so busy white knighting you may not have noticed.

100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I have them with my kids

Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Wow. So I literally cannot have a private conversation with 100 people which you wouldn't consider publishing information then.

Fixed that for you. And yes, telling multiple people something they otherwise would not have known--despite it being publicly available--is "publishing" it to them for the purposes of the common definition of doxxing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:29 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Chus has admitted it. Darkside is so busy white knighting you may not have noticed.

Oh... good on Chus then.

I have Darkside blocked.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:29 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

No? 10 people? Can one have a private conversation with 10?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:31 pm 

Juice's Lecture wrote:
Fixed that for you. And yes, telling multiple people something they otherwise would not have known--despite it being publicly available--is "publishing" it to them for the purposes of the common definition of doxxing.

So I'm guilty of doxxing for having told my wife about this over dinner that night?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:32 pm 

Darkside wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

No? 10 people? Can one have a private conversation with 10?

I don't get it, you're TOLD you are improperly equating "publishing" with "making public", yet you keep on with this public vs. private conversation BS.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Score cafe
Darkside wrote:
Juice's Lecture wrote:

So I'm guilty of doxxing for having told my wife about this over dinner that night?

No. Your wife is not the internet. At least as far as I know. Think of it like this. You reveal personal information about someone. On the internet. Through the internet. That's doxxing. But there's a problem. The information you reveal is technically public. Technically. That's the hang up. Not that drinky​ would get it. Cuz he's a dumbass.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next