It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Nas wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Nas wrote:
I'm against doxxing. I was against it when we learned chas likes a thumb up his ass years ago. I spoke out publicly against it and asked BF privately to delete the thread and he did. Same is true for bannings. BF asked me if I wanted chas banned the last time he call me a n-word after I wished him and his family a Merry Christmas. I told him I didn't want anyone banned.

We deleted the link immediately once someone sent me an email about it. We deleted a mult and we all agreed the entire thread should be deleted. We clearly didn't support what was done but there was nothing we could do to prevent the spread of the information.

Because of what he did I wasn't as bothered by it as I was when someone doxxed him for shopping for hookers online. I make no apologies for that either.

We're not going to "punish" Chus or FF. They're not fucking kids. We're not going to punish chas either. That's not a road we're going to go down. What's done is done.

JLN is passionate about playing our conservative Dan Bernstein and about defending child predators. Very disappointing!

So is doxxing permissible via PRIVATE MESSAGE? Just want to understand the ground rules, here.

What about us being against doxxing didn't you understand?
How do you want us to stop something that is sent privately? You and chas can send each other whatever you want to in a private message and we won't have knowledge of it unless it's shared publicly. Same is true for you all texting one another. If you share it publicly we will delete it.

I guess core concept. Because on the one hand you say "we're against doxxing" and then when people admit to doxxing another board member via PM's you say "we're not going to punish [them], they're not children."

But hey, it's your collective ball, you can do whatever you please with it. You have set the limit at posting it publicly on the board, and I trust you guys to make exceptions to that limit in peculiar circumstances. My question wasn't loaded or rhetorical, I honestly wanted to know whether you guys had had the discussion and where you put the limit. No need to get twatty.

We don't want any doxxing. Reality is people share MANY things privately. Outside of preventing PM there is nothing we can or want to do to police that.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:48 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I wasn't trying to say this situation is the same as drinky and JDC and that was why we ultimately edited it out.

It's a similar issue but not the same type as I had wanted to discuss.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Chus wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
drinky's affair was not outed by a regular board member. Nobody doxxed drinky. A personal acquaintance of his who had NO PRIOR CONNECTION to the board- and none since- came here specifically to post that information.

That's splitting hairs a bit, no? A lot of personal stuff about him has been discussed at length in that thread. I'm just saying that if somebody is upset by one, they should probably be upset by the other, or asking for its deletion, as well.

I don't think so. First, drinky is a public figure in a way that most board members aren't. Second, we HAVE deleted specific items that were posted regarding that situation.

I'm not trying to take you to task for anything, I'm just spit-balling.

I know. I'm just pointing out that our policy- in as much as we have one (we run this place in a pretty laissez faire fashion)- isn't inconsistent. I think the question that guys like lipid and JLN have is, do I now have to be concerned about getting in a beef with someone because some information that I would prefer not be presented in this forum may be posted here? That's not quite the same as a discussion about people who make a living speaking over the public airwaves. When JLN makes it big, we'll turn Beardown loose on him.

I'd prefer Beerdown.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:00 am 

JLN does actually bring up a valid point though he is going a little too hard on it. chas was an easy target because most people on here didn't like him. It sounds as if this information spread in private messages and on facebook very quickly. I'm guessing most of us don't have quite that bad of a secret but who is to say that others aren't going to get the same stuff done to them. There are personal details of my life I'd rather keep from the board too. This thread even made me question if my screen name was a good idea though I'm guessing that is already past the point of mattering. I think the big concern would be if this leads to a board culture where people try and dig into others and even if not shared on the board in the public sense it is shared by a bunch of messages being passed around. I would hope this would not be tolerated by the individual members here.

That leads us to what the moderators can do which is not much. These things are going to happen whether they want it to or not. All they can do is keep it off the public parts of the site which they have and also encourage others not to do so. Of course they could make a statement that says "Sharing of users private information will not be tolerated" but in reality what exactly does that do? It isn't going to stop someone from doing what they want and that damage would already be done even after the punishment of a temporary or permanent ban took place. I would guess that the decision would be more strict this next time too as it would also be unfair to even consider a banning for Chus or FF given that they would have had no idea this would have been a bannable offense.

Hopefully it never becomes a problem again and we can just not worry about it. If it does though I would hope that people would tell the person to stop, alert the user being targeted, and alert the moderators. I think then a temporary or permanent ban would be more than fair.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
I've never considered changing my username.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I don't have my real name on my facebook account either. When FB first started up,I used some funny sounding name with a picture of Borat on Facebook. I just figured those on there will know my real name but no need to broadcast it. I don't know if I need to have knowledge of somebodies crime sheet on here to talk about Sports,etc. BUT I also didn't need to know about a fellow posters streaking at an annual gathering. Typical Sox fan I guess. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Furious Styles wrote:
I've never considered changing my username.

But, you're blek.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I actually agree with Brick and JLN here.

Hopefully, we can all just move on, and nothing like this will ever happen again... Yeah right.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
My username has clearly thrown people off the scent.

Denis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:03 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

Hopefully, we can all just move on, and nothing like this will ever happen again... Yeah right.

Didn't you accuse the entire board of hacking (or attempting to) you?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:05 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Didn't you accuse the entire board of hacking (or attempting to) you?

Yes, in 2010. I was ingesting MANY drugs at that time tho.

EDIT: When I think about it I don't even recall knowing what hacking was at that point. I think the cloud of smoke and pills prevented much forward thinking back then. But yeah, knowing a little bit of personal information nowadays can make someone's life uncomfortable if you let it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:07 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
JLN:

You seem to have something in mind for a punishment. Please feel free to share it.

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the guy that defended himself for looking at pics of Erin Andrews that were taken without her permission?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:18 am 

Punishment? Please there shouldn't be any punishment. There's a big difference between doing something mean and doing something illegal.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:18 am 

denisdman wrote:
Punishment? Please there shouldn't be any punishment. There's a big difference between doing something mean and doing something illegal.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Jbi11s wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Agreed.

There's just something delightful about that exchange when it's immediately followed by J's signature. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:29 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Agreed.

There's just something delightful about that exchange when it's immediately followed by J's signature. :lol: :lol:

Agreed. MANY signatures are worth a chuckle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:37 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Agreed.

I respect Bob immensely for having the courage to admit such a heinous act.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
this whole thing is weird and creepy. all of it. all pieces. the act. the research. the dissemination of information. those selected to receive the info...
this whole thing ultimately is a great example of why i think mults suck.

i've been here long enough to know why it went the way it did. it's still weird and creepy that it went that far.

some pretty valid concerns, but also of the highly unlikely variety...unless you post your name and have a felony on record. and are not well-liked by MANY.

bagman would be proud?

btw...your secrets are safe with me. just ask Dr. Ken.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
The podcast was good btw. Finally listened all the way through.

Dumb idea light went off. Determine a list of questions you ask multiple guest hosts and save the tape. Turn the output into one podcast with each answering same question.

Had to laugh at the Hello Fresh pitch. Downtown is littered with people working for this place trying to do interviews or something. All smiling and happy and eating right apparently. Never had this urge before, but I finally got the concept of the 'c' punt yesterday. Just not in the mood to deal with your aggressive little foodie pitch. Puts you in that HellNoFresh mode.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:33 am 

It's ironic this was podcast 18.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's ironic this was podcast 18.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:11 am 

Just getting to this one now. I'm still calling him Choos no matter how many times I hear it as Chuus.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I always said to myself Chus. But Chuzzz? Can't do it.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:49 am 

Another good episode. I don't think Choos came off badly either in regards to Floridagate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17