It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Thanks Beardown.

I wasn't nervous. I'm just bad at this.

No. You were nervous. You just didn't realize it.

No. You're not bad at this. But I know you can do better. You'll get there. You have the force within in you. We can all sense it.

I know "nervous". I realize this about myself every time I talk to white women. I even double check my post, before I hit send it, when I post to our very own Spaulding.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:22 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beardown wrote:
Thanks Beardown.

I wasn't nervous. I'm just bad at this.

No. You were nervous. You just didn't realize it.

No. You're not bad at this. But I know you can do better. You'll get there. You have the force within in you. We can all sense it.

I know "nervous". I realize this about myself every time I talk to white women. I even double check my post, before I hit send it, when I post to our very own Spaulding.

You're my guy. :lol:

Fuck Beerdown.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:08 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
One thing I do disagree with Parkins on is when he said, "Who wants to talk sports all the time?" My answer would be, "I guess people who make a career out of working at a sports radio station." He seems to be looking at it from the perspective of his enjoyment and fulfillment, rather than that of the listeners who, as bernstein has reminded us many times, change every fifteen minutes. It would be like Dr. Ken saying, "Who wants to work spread sheets all the time? Sometimes I just want to drag race down Wolf Road to break up the day!" Or a guy who cooks at Chick-fil-A saying, "Who wants to fry chicken all the time? Sometimes my fellow cook Spiegs and I like to cook up lamb chops."

Look, I'm not saying they should ignore the hard news stories, especially when there is a real connection to sports, but I'm tuning into the Score to hear about Avi Garcia and Jose Quintana, not to listen to some unqualified goof pretend that he's Ted Koppel. If I want to learn about the latest child rapes, the home of T.B. Diddler's is not going to be where I look for such conversation. And when the Cubs are in the pennant drive and I flip to the Score and the first thing I hear is a long diatribe about some social issue, you're goddamn right I'm gonna PTFB. And not because I disagree with the opinions being expressed, but because I don't care to hear some shitlib from Deerfield telling me about everything that's wrong in the world when I'm just looking to find out who is starting the second game of the doubleheader.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:37 am 

pizza_Place: aurelios
Amen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:48 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
One thing I do disagree with Parkins on is when he said, "Who wants to talk sports all the time?" My answer would be, "I guess people who make a career out of working at a sports radio station." He seems to be looking at it from the perspective of his enjoyment and fulfillment, rather than that of the listeners who, as bernstein has reminded us many times, change every fifteen minutes. It would be like Dr. Ken saying, "Who wants to work spread sheets all the time? Sometimes I just want to drag race down Wolf Road to break up the day!" Or a guy who cooks at Chick-fil-A saying, "Who wants to fry chicken all the time? Sometimes my fellow cook Spiegs and I like to cook up lamb chops."

Look, I'm not saying they should ignore the hard news stories, especially when there is a real connection to sports, but I'm tuning into the Score to hear about Avi Garcia and Jose Quintana, not to listen to some unqualified goof pretend that he's Ted Koppel. If I want to learn about the latest child rapes, the home of T.B. Diddler's is not going to be where I look for such conversation. And when the Cubs are in the pennant drive and I flip to the Score and the first thing I hear is a long diatribe about some social issue, you're goddamn right I'm gonna PTFB. And not because I disagree with the opinions being expressed, but because I don't care to hear some shitlib from Deerfield telling me about everything that's wrong in the world when I'm just looking to find out who is starting the second game of the doubleheader.

TOUCH EM ALL ON THAT ONE :!:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think he wasn't understanding that.

Also, I think when you follow sports people on twitter and they start talking politics, it kinda bleeds together for some of us. I am not following some Hawks beat writer to hear his political views.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Cashman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I think he wasn't understanding that.

Also, I think when you follow sports people on twitter and they start talking politics, it kinda bleeds together for some of us. I am not following some Hawks beat writer to hear his political views.

I unfollowed both of the Sun Times beat writers and honestly hope they get Tronc'ed. Besides, Lazerus fucking lost me with his trade Kane bullshit 2 summers ago. I wish that dressing room would blackball him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nice analysis. I tune into sports talk to hear sports. If I want to hear about the latest terrorist attack, then there are other more appropriate venues.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Just caught up on my podcasts today -- I knew he was going to do a bad beat poker story... those are so boring because everyone has them. I was hoping for a KC -7.5 bet where the Raiders kick a meaningless FG with 0:02 left in the game and he loses $500. Thanks for asking the question though... it had potential. :)

The technology made it difficult to interrupt him. This was a trial for me.

I basically had to let him talk and then I talked. Interrupting was problematic.

Noticed this -- I think this happens a lot even to WSCR/WMVP interview phone in callers -- not much you can do. It does make it tougher to steer the interview, especially when he is somewhat doing you a favor by appearing on your podcast because he does have a little more cache in the business than the good doctor. I thought you did well given the circumstances. I missed the What Are We Drinking, but that doesn't work over the phone. BTW, not to go all Sini on everyone, but I had a great nitro Pollyanna Eleanor on Father's Day @ 3 Corners south of Cog Hill... I was super impressed with it.

JORR wrote:
Look, I'm not saying they should ignore the hard news stories, especially when there is a real connection to sports, but I'm tuning into the Score to hear about Avi Garcia and Jose Quintana, not to listen to some unqualified goof pretend that he's Ted Koppel.

I agree -- if it is important enough of a news story, then you should patch through the news affiliate and get the sports guys off the air, otherwise you can do a respectful two or three minutes on the story and then move on to sports. Let the update guy/girl remind us of it in a two sentence update and if anything develops.

I do respect Parkins for saying he isn't going to do anything on this board and sticking to Twitter/FB/Insta. Much better than writing a grand opening email and then giving up after two days (or a half a day or whatever.) He'd get his own Gloopan and that would just be a pain in the ass to deal with on a regular basis -- if you don't confront him, you're ducking it; if you do, you're adding more fuel to the fire. If I were an on-air guy, I wouldn't come on here (at least not with people knowing who I was.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
newper wrote:
The technology made it difficult to interrupt him. This was a trial for me.

I basically had to let him talk and then I talked. Interrupting was problematic.

Noticed this -- I think this happens a lot even to WSCR/WMVP interview phone in callers -- not much you can do. It does make it tougher to steer the interview, especially when he is somewhat doing you a favor by appearing on your podcast because he does have a little more cache in the business than the good doctor. I thought you did well given the circumstances. I missed the What Are We Drinking, but that doesn't work over the phone. BTW, not to go all Sini on everyone, but I had a great nitro Pollyanna Eleanor on Father's Day @ 3 Corners south of Cog Hill... I was super impressed with it.

Yes, there was about a half-second delay that I edited most of those in-between silences out but when we both started talking it wasn't too good and you can't really edit that part.

Overall, though, I was pretty pleased with the audio quality. Much better than I expected. In the future, I'd probably adjust the audio settings for the call-side but I didn't want to waste his time doing audio quality tests prior to starting. So, we just basically started.

I considered the What Are We Drinking segment but decided to just get into it. Tito's on the rocks on my side.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Just listened--great work, Doc.

Parkins seems pretty cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I really enjoyed this. I'm really glad the SJW question was asked. Parkins was absolutely correct in his answer, but so is JORR in his reply. If you listen carefully, he basically said (accurately) we keep it in check, but yes the afternoon show does it more and that's their problem.

Didn't think about it at the time, but yes....the correct answer is on the date of a catastrophic event a patch from an affiliate news channel. I recall listening on 9/11 and I didn't have an issue the WSCR hosts talking about it...just felt it was out of their league and I PTFB. I recall ESPN1000 shows being even worse. Hearing a bawling Dick Vitale and I couldn't help but think it was overdramatized.

The Penn State stuff....I had no issue with Bernstein's take on it. I have no issue with him hammering on it, but the hammering WENT. ON. FOREVER. There came a point where it was time to move on and they carried way beyond that point.

Great job, Dr. Ken. Parkins was very honest and confirmed what MANY of us think of him.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
wdelaney72 wrote:
I recall listening on 9/11 and I didn't have an issue the WSCR hosts talking about it...just felt it was out of their league and I PTFB. I recall ESPN1000 shows being even worse..

Funny you say that. I listened to Mike North on the way home on 9/11. The Score was on, so I listened.

I can't remember what Buffone said, or if he was even on that day, but North was essentially reading the first few paragraphs of news stories and punctuating them with "Wow. Dat's . . . wow." He did a pretty good job, at least in the 25 minutes it took me to get from 63rd and Stony to 95th and Western.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:50 pm 

I still want to know which one of you cornered Parkins for an hour at a Floor N Decor.

Fess up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6