It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I think I should get hazard pay for convincing Parkins that we aren't all crazy.

Not sure it's a great idea to lie to him on the first date.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:19 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Mitch Rosen is now following me on Twitter. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos

You made the big time.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:26 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

You're the front runner for Score Search IV!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock

Paraphasing Parkins, "Dr Ken, I don't even know if you're a doctor."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:35 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm sure. I broadcast for free.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:36 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

HE'S ON THE TEAM FOR NEXT YEAR!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

HE'S ON THE TEAM FOR NEXT YEAR!

:lol:

That's a great drop.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Score cafe

This confirms it. I'm right again. The light will not shine on Drinky, Larry and Goff on this podcast. The light cannot shine on them. Can't do it.

I'll go it alone.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:09 am 

Don't forget about us when you get famous.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He will.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:17 am 

Parkins & Dr. Ken show....drive time on the SCORE.

Can't wait

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:24 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I forgot about you a long time ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:34 am 

Good and interesting episode. I agree Parkins was pretty aggressive but I don't think that is surprising given his job. Dr. Ken did hold his own.

The SJW answer was a little bit strong I think but in general Parkins seems like a good guy and I hope he does well at the Score.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I applaud Parking's for doing it. Enjoyed it a lot.

Felt like Dr Ken was in a bad spot trying to argue the spirit of the boards anti-SJW tilt but Danny was distorting it to a hyperbolic response of "why are you anti-gay, jew, islam, woman, and for child rape." I think most are OK with the major events that cross over between the real world and societal problems. Its the everyday hypocritical grandstanding from 2-6 that should go away.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:51 am 
Site Admin

TurdFerguson wrote:

Felt like Dr Ken was in a bad spot trying to argue the spirit of the boards anti-SJW tilt but Danny was distorting it to a hyperbolic response of "why are you anti-gay, Jew, islam, woman, and for child rape." I think most are OK with the major events that cross over between the real world and societal problems. Its the everyday hypocritical grandstanding from 2-6 that should go away.

There's definitely some shit on the board- particularly in the DiCaro thread- that is indefensible, but the idea that what we might call "SJW orthodoxy" has some kind of moral high ground is just wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
TurdFerguson wrote:

Felt like Dr Ken was in a bad spot trying to argue the spirit of the boards anti-SJW tilt but Danny was distorting it to a hyperbolic response of "why are you anti-gay, Jew, islam, woman, and for child rape." I think most are OK with the major events that cross over between the real world and societal problems. Its the everyday hypocritical grandstanding from 2-6 that should go away.

Doc did a good job getting that across. That subject could have been the entire podcast. In between Boyd questions.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

There's definitely some shit on the board- particularly in the DiCaro thread- that is indefensible, but the idea that what we might call "SJW orthodoxy" has some kind of moral high ground is just wrong.

Agreed. Parkins came off as smug on the SJW issue. Sandy Hook was terrible, but do I really want Danny's take on gun violence? There are mass shootings nearly every day in the US, and plenty here in Chicago. Is he supposed to switch over to gun violence guests every time one happens? Killing people is bad is about the depth of his analysis on that issue I am certain. Riveting.

He also sounded out of town stupid (to borrow a phase from the old B and B show) on Penn St. The ratings were "gang busters" for those shows? Why does a Chicago radio show need to cover Penn State for years, including brining on a trustee so Bernstein can play gotcha- I've been talking about you with your ex-wife. It was beyond embarrassing for him and the station.

I applaud Parkins for going on, but I don't think he would have had he know what he was agreeing to do at the time.

Good work Dr. Ken.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:17 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Agreed. Parkins came off as smug on the SJW issue. Sandy Hook was terrible, but do I really want Danny's take on gun violence? There are mass shootings nearly every day in the US, and plenty here in Chicago. Is he supposed to switch over to gun violence guests every time one happens? Killing people is bad is about the depth of his analysis on that issue I am certain. Riveting.

He also sounded out of town stupid (to borrow a phase from the old B and B show) on Penn St. The ratings were "gang busters" for those shows? Why does a Chicago radio show need to cover Penn State for years, including brining on a trustee so Bernstein can play gotcha- I've been talking about you with your ex-wife. It was beyond embarrassing for him and the station.

I applaud Parkins for going on, but I don't think he would have had he know what he was agreeing to do at the time.

Good work Dr. Ken.
I believe he said the ratings in KC were huge for the Penn State stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I don't know if he was smug, but I think his definition of what he considers "SJW radio" differs from what the main gripe on the board is.

Talking about social issues in sports when something happens is fine. It's the day-in/day-out analysis of "what does team x saying y mean about how they feel about me" and the optics and narratives that become tiresome and turn away listeners.

That hasn't really been something on the show since Parkins came on board so it's not fair to lump him in that camp.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:22 am 

Good work Dr. Ken.

Thanks, but why do you say that? He had ample opportunity to opt out prior to doing it.

If anything, I felt like he thought I was going to ask him what color Dan Bernstein's underwear is and at some point he realized that question wasn't coming until the next time I interview him and he just settled in.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:22 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Good work Dr. Ken.

I thought he was talking about B&B ratings in regards to the Penn State stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
What Parkins was referring to wasn't "SJW." Talking about Sandy Hook wasn't any sort of SJW stuff, unless you were arguing for stricture gun control, which to me isn't an "SJW" topic.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Good work Dr. Ken.

He was. Rick is dumb.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:24 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
What Parkins was referring to wasn't "SJW." Talking about Sandy Hook wasn't any sort of SJW stuff, unless you were arguing for stricture gun control, which to me isn't an "SJW" topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIPan-rEQJA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's

Hmmmm...does Danny know to whom they are referring, you think?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:29 am 

Fuzzy Kitten Club has a new owner I think.

Saw "she" was playing crosswords with BERNSTEIN this morning.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Fuzzy Kitten Club has a new owner I think.

I am pretty sure that is incorrect.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:32 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Good work Dr. Ken.

He was. Rick is dumb.
He said "The afternoon show" so I assumed it was his but you may be right.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

Good work Dr. Ken.

Thanks, but why do you say that? He had ample opportunity to opt out prior to doing it.

If anything, I felt like he thought I was going to ask him what color Dan Bernstein's underwear is and at some point he realized that question wasn't coming until the next time I interview him and he just settled in.

I think he agreed to it, and then realized what it was. He was polite and had the guts to go through with it, but it sounded like he was apprehensive about it being associated with the board when he realized. Makes me think he would not have accepted if he knew ahead of time.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next