It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: DKP 025 - WOO!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:14 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Oh, and Paczki are most definitely NOT overrated. I wish Noisewater and Peeps would have disclosed where they get theirs from because their bakeries sound lame.

When I lived in Illinois, Bennison's in Evanston used to be my go-to spot for paczki. Their fresh fruit varieties--particularly the banana and strawberry with whipped cream--were absolutely phenomenal.

Maybe Dr. Ken can have you on sometime to discuss jelly donuts.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: John's
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I agree that it was a good show. I just think that future shows could be improved pretty easily.

Obviously, having a permanent co-host would help the overall chemistry. Is chus available for the gig?

No offense intended to chus, but I dont think it is a good idea to have 2 hosts who openly admit to not really paying attention to the board. But then again Dr. Ken seems to want to distance himself from the board, so maybe that is a good idea. I dont know.

Except when to pimp his podcast.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:16 am 

you know what would make paczki's better...

...mayonnaise.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I agree that it was a good show. I just think that future shows could be improved pretty easily.

Obviously, having a permanent co-host would help the overall chemistry. Is chus available for the gig?

No offense intended to chus, but I dont think it is a good idea to have 2 hosts who openly admit to not really paying attention to the board. But then again Dr. Ken seems to want to distance himself from the board, so maybe that is a good idea. I dont know.

Yeah, I think dropping references to the board might be a good idea. This week's edition of MBR didn't go that well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:42 am 

RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's only me and JORR that pay attention to the board now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:55 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Summary of responses to earlier posts -

Thanks for listening and feedback.

I'm not trying to distance myself from the board. I am trying to distance the podcast from the board.

There is a reason I was not on the board as much over the past 12-18 months (and it is not because of some kind of protest) and that same reason for why I've decided to start the podcast up again. I'm not wearing my recent unfamiliarity with the board as some kind of badge of honor. It's just true.

What I end up doing with the podcast may not be that interesting to some/many people here.

TPTB here said it was still cool to post episodes. I would understand if they didn't. I felt it was appropriate to spend some time in the first few episodes mentioning the board and doing a little something with it. Ep3 is pretty much the end of that unless there is new content here that people want to cover. Some have already reached out privately to provide some info/facts that might be cool to discuss and I plan to do that.

TM - next week's episode essentially severs any connections to the old CFR podcast.

Sorry if some didn't feel we were enthusiastic about the wrestling segment. I was and I thought it was pretty fun to watch some new WWE and talk about it. I think TP was mainly downplaying his recent interest in wrestling. He clearly knew what he was talking about.

I'm going to try some different things. Some will work. Some might not. I may bring CFMB Roulette back. I feel challenged to make it work. I think it is funny to basically do random word association and see what happens. I think people feel they want to try to guess what the thread is actually about. I don't care. I want to just make something up.

Anyway, I hope people continue to listen. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:56 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Tall Midget wrote:
This week's edition of MBR didn't go that well.

MBR?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:58 am 

Doc what is your reason for wanting to distance it from the board?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
RFDC wrote:

We are all Toxic Males.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:05 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Because I don't know as much about the board as I used to.

My interest in sports radio is almost non-existent and I feel disingenuous in appearing as though I am representing that I am interested or knowledgeable about the main theme of the board.

That is mainly why I changed the name. Maybe "distance" is the wrong word. I hope everyone listens and enjoys it. I just don't want it to appear as though it is "the board podcast" because there will be weeks that I don't discuss it at all or have anyone on associated with it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Tall Midget wrote:
On a more serious note, I think the podcast could be improved if Noisewater and Co. discussed topics that they actually find interesting. In this most recent episode, for instance, Noisewater introduced the "Message Board Roulette" segment by revealing that he doesn't visit the board much anymore. Similarly, Peeps kicked off the wrestling discussion by disclosing that he no longer follows wrestling as closely as he used to. That kind of framing gave the episode a Dick Jauron vibe: "I have a podcast, but I'm not interested in talking about the subjects that I talk about on my podcast." If you're not interested in a particular topic, why discuss it? And why would your audience want to hear you talk about topics that you seemingly think are uninteresting?

Overall, the lack of enthusiasm for the topics gave this episode a perfunctory, obligatory feel that made it less enjoyable than it should be. I know this point is obvious, but I'm going to make it anyway: Choose topics based on your interests--rather than habit or a sense of obligation--and the show will be more fun for you and your listeners.

That said, I do enjoy the show. But I think it could be made better with just a little more planning and self-awareness.

I probably worded it poorly. Which I'm sure is no surprise.
I follow wrestling still. I just don't watch every weekly show in its entirety anymore. One thing Twitter has been good for is keeping up with what's going on without having to watch live. If something interesting happens, you can find a clip of it somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
That is mainly why I changed the name. Maybe "distance" is the wrong word. I hope everyone listens and enjoys it. I just don't want it to appear as though it is "the board podcast" because there will be weeks that I don't discuss it at all or have anyone on associated with it.
I get it. Some of the "first season's" topics were board driven- fast food items, Doxxing, the bigfan saga, etc.

So the "new" podcast will get the majority of its content from places other than CFMB. But you won't (and shouldn't) rule out getting podcast fodder from the board here. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

An aside, is TPTB = the powers that be?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
On a more serious note, I think the podcast could be improved if Noisewater and Co. discussed topics that they actually find interesting. In this most recent episode, for instance, Noisewater introduced the "Message Board Roulette" segment by revealing that he doesn't visit the board much anymore. Similarly, Peeps kicked off the wrestling discussion by disclosing that he no longer follows wrestling as closely as he used to. That kind of framing gave the episode a Dick Jauron vibe: "I have a podcast, but I'm not interested in talking about the subjects that I talk about on my podcast." If you're not interested in a particular topic, why discuss it? And why would your audience want to hear you talk about topics that you seemingly think are uninteresting?

Overall, the lack of enthusiasm for the topics gave this episode a perfunctory, obligatory feel that made it less enjoyable than it should be. I know this point is obvious, but I'm going to make it anyway: Choose topics based on your interests--rather than habit or a sense of obligation--and the show will be more fun for you and your listeners.

That said, I do enjoy the show. But I think it could be made better with just a little more planning and self-awareness.

I probably worded it poorly. Which I'm sure is no surprise.
I follow wrestling still. I just don't watch every weekly show in its entirety anymore. One thing Twitter has been good for is keeping up with what's going on without having to watch live. If something interesting happens, you can find a clip of it somewhere.

OK, I getcha. I would have been interested to hear about your favorite storylines/feuds both recently and of all time. Or maybe some of the most memorable matches you've seen in person and on TV. Or maybe just why you like wrestling so much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:45 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Because I don't know as much about the board as I used to.

My interest in sports radio is almost non-existent and I feel disingenuous in appearing as though I am representing that I am interested or knowledgeable about the main theme of the board.

Wel this is just my opinion, but I would hope you would always have the podcast in some way connected here. Not that it has to be driven by the board or always about the board, but you have been a big part of the board and I think many of us would like to keep up with it. Let's be real the board is not really connect to sports radio any longer. Very few people are frequent listeners any longer. So I don't really think that matters.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think I'm going to start a podcast devoted to critiquing Noisewater's podcast. Bandit will be my permanent co-host.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
So Doc, what is the target podcast to grow it if not the board? Do you promote it in other arenas?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I’ve been asking around the mean streets of southwest Iowa today for opinions on the Dr. Kenkast and I can tell you the add campaign hasn’t hit here yet. I got a few nervous “ill check into that.”
But I’m not sure on the sincerity of the responses. Will see if eastern Nebraska has had better penetration... of the podcast familiarity that is.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:48 pm 

While I'm not a rasslin fan, a lot of that is lost on me. But I always enjoy a Dr. Ken podcast.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ok podcast episode for wrestling fans like me. Perhaps more personal stories than a general talk of wrestling.

Recommendation for the segment about board topics- "Fanatics Watch"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Terry's Peeps Touches Boys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:16 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Don Tiny wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Oh. I didn't know he had been ordained.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:41 am 

Bless you, my son.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I enjoyed your podcast of wrestlin more than wrestlin itself :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.