It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DKP 026 - Ask Dr. Ken!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:23 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Welcome back! Chus and I put a wrap on the open questions / comments from the previous CFR Cast in today's episode with a rant-abulous round of Ask Dr. Ken!

Topics include - Barfights, MMA, professional Boxing, Chicago Sports radio, cinema masterpiece Roadhouse, and more!

Join in on the podcast -

http://www.drkencast.com/

You can use #DrKenCast to connect with other listeners on social media.

Or you can leave us a voice mail at 872-205-6665 - no one will answer and maybe we will read your contribution on the air.

Please leave a rating or review at Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts!

Join us next week and thanks for listening.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:42 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Another good episode, Dr.

I especially enjoyed the 3-year delay on the listener mailbag. Way to go out of your way in cultivating a passionate audience! :lol:

As you suggested, a three-way would be very appealing. In fact, I'd try to follow that plan as much as possible. You and chus should be the regular hosts with a guest host rotated in every episode. Is this doable?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Tall Midget wrote:
Another good episode, Dr.

I especially enjoyed the 3-year delay on the listener mailbag. Way to go out of your way in cultivating a passionate audience! :lol:

As you suggested, a three-way would be very appealing. In fact, I'd try to follow that plan as much as possible. You and chus should be the regular hosts with a guest host rotated in every episode. Is this doable?

I enjoyed the episode as well. A three-way weave should be attempted although I am not sure what that does for continuity and editing, not to mention any lag in audio between the hosts. My guess is that at least two of you would need to be in the same room. Favorite audio moment of this episode is the very light Mike Tyson's Punchout music in the background when talking about him. Nice touch.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Solid episode. Sad to be retiring the "what're we drinking" segment as the drop is pretty cool.

I like the idea of Chus as a permanent co-host with a rotating third if it works out. That can be hard to do virtually though as the cues are harder to read.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Solid indeed. The extra prep work comes through.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Good episode. Wanted to phone in a question for next time, but I think I am too late. Will wait for the next one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

tommy wrote:
Good episode. Wanted to phone in a question for next time, but I think I am too late. Will wait for the next one.

They're still responding to comments from 2018. I don't think time is a factor.

Can't wait to hear their thoughts on the outcome of the 2020 election....two years from now. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:20 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Can't wait to hear their thoughts on the outcome of the 2020 election....two years from now. :lol:

I think Mayor Pete has a great shot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:20 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
tommy wrote:

Imagine Hawaii You’s surprise when he finds out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:31 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Tall Midget wrote:
tommy wrote:

I'd make a snarky comment if you weren't so damn accurate.

We accept calls 24/7/365. Might be recording something in the next day or two.

Just finished a fairly lengthy discussion with the resident Dr. Ken Podcast Entertainment Expert.

There may be some surprising revelations in the next episode. Could be a "Very Special Dr. Ken Podcast" episode.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:31 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
tommy wrote:

That made me laugh...but at least you got your voice heard, though they seemed to pooh-pooh your question about Hanley, which enraged me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
tommy wrote:

Just finished a fairly lengthy discussion with the resident Dr. Ken Podcast Entertainment Expert.

There may be some surprising revelations in the next episode. Could be a "Very Special Dr. Ken Podcast" episode.

Is HY going to join?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:42 pm 

I would rather hear from his crack whore....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
tommy wrote:

Is HY going to join?

That’s what makes for a “very special” special.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:11 am 

who checks the answering machine? I'd hate to leave some blue comedy only to have your wife and kids be scandalized.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:14 am 

tommy wrote:

Planning ahead Dr Ken can have you on the podcast to discuss the disappointing march madness for the Illini.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:15 am 

RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

Planning ahead Dr Ken can have you on the podcast to discuss the disappointing march madness for the Illini.

I want some live audio from board fans during the game, so I can fully enjoy an Illini disappointment.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:20 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:27 am 

RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I could say something about the Hoosiers . . . but I like Indiana. My dad was a big fan (they were good, they had Knight, and they were white), so we had them on in the house more than the Illini. Had to watch Illinois on the sly. Once the tournament--or bowl season--starts, I pull for every Big Ten team, except Ohio State.

I'll even pull for the Fighting Bricks :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:29 am 

tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

I could say something about the Hoosiers . . . but I like Indiana. My dad was a big fan (they were good, they had Knight, and they were white), so we had them on in the house more than the Illini. Had to watch Illinois on the sly. Once the tournament--or bowl season--starts, I pull for every Big Ten team, except Ohio State.

:lol: Go ahead and say whatever you like about the Hoosiers. They are pathetic right now. Counting the days until Miller is fired

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:32 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

Pshaw! At least I didn't go to Bemidji State.

(apologies for the doxxing)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:34 am 

RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

:lol: Go ahead and say whatever you like about the Hoosiers. They are pathetic right now. Counting the days until Miller is fired

Nah, I hate doing that, and plus, like I said, I'm a bigfan. I had Ted Kitchell's autograph at one point.

Archie just doesn't seem to be working out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:34 am 
1000 CLUB

tommy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

:lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:36 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
tommy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

:lol: :wink:

Ok, so you didn't go there, right? I've done this in the past...just said something really goofy which turned out to be true....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:40 am 

RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

365 or 730?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 am 

tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

Nah, I hate doing that, and plus, like I said, I'm a bigfan. I had Ted Kitchell's autograph at one point.

Yeah that is an understatement. It is a strange dynamic. He has done a good job recruiting, but just does not seem to be a very good in game coach. I was pretty high on him early on and thought he was really going to get things moving in the right direction. But he has fallen flat on his face.

I think it is time for Indiana to get a coach who has some connection to Indiana, like Painter for Purdue. And I am not talking about Alford, that ship has sailed and no one should want him leading the Hoosiers. I would like to see Dane Fife get the job. He has been around the best coach in the Big 10. He has Indiana connections. He has recruited in the state and around the Midwest.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:46 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

Yeah that is an understatement. It is a strange dynamic. He has done a good job recruiting, but just does not seem to be a very good in game coach. I was pretty high on him early on and thought he was really going to get things moving in the right direction. But he has fallen flat on his face.

I think it is time for Indiana to get a coach who has some connection to Indiana, like Painter for Purdue. And I am not talking about Alford, that ship has sailed and no one should want him leading the Hoosiers. I would like to see Dane Fife get the job. He has been around the best coach in the Big 10. He has Indiana connections. He has recruited in the state and around the Midwest.

Isiah Thomas is available. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:47 am 

Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

365 or 730?

I just do not see any way they can bring this dude back. They have lost 9,000 games in a row to Purdue, that alone is reason enough to be fired.
I get the money deal, but surely a couple big donors not named Mark Cuban can take care of that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:48 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Isiah Thomas is available. :lol:

:lol: I would rather have HY/whistler coaching them

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
tommy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:

Im told its a beautiful area. Kids went there for Esperanto camp so they could watch Incubus without dubbing or subtitles.