It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Fucken:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Oh yeah. Completely forgot about that guy. His wife was a fuckin' whale.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
the wife is still awaiting trial for her part. I think it's now scheduled for January 2022.

Yep, that's our legal system :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
BigW72 wrote:
the wife is still awaiting trial for her part. I think it's now scheduled for January 2022.

Yep, that's our legal system :lol:

She's just roaming around free to steal and eat Rocky Road?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Fortune's
The wife grew up near me. She kept on growing:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
worked with a younger guy that was basically a Police fan boy and had met that guy at some summer camp or some shit. He was broiling when the story was that dude may have been killed and then once the truth came out that the guy was a scumbag, he refused to hear anything about it from anyone.

Never meet your heroes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

so proud of my hometown. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
worked with a younger guy that was basically a Police fan boy and had met that guy at some summer camp or some shit. He was broiling when the story was that dude may have been killed and then once the truth came out that the guy was a scumbag, he refused to hear anything about it from anyone.

Never meet your heroes.

Shocker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:12 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Thanks for the heads up. I love a new podcast even though I know the whole story.

This has to be a Dateline at some point.

I'm midway through ep2.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:13 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I was not even that close to the area but at work they basically were saying to shelter in place that morning.

I was about 20 miles from there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:59 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I was not even that close to the area but at work they basically were saying to shelter in place that morning.

There was a day a few days after the murder when someone (who turned out to be a special person) said that they saw suspects with weapons leaving Fratellos on 12 and 120 heading south into a cornfield (where woodmans is now). The man hunt was on. My wife and I were listening on my scanner. People in my neighborhood called the cops reporting people trying to enter their homes. At one point, we had a police helicopter maybe 30 feet over our house with a spotlight on our yard. It was kind of freaky. But it was all bullshit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
I remember that night quite well, the helicopters overhead and sirens as well as the news reports. If I recall, it was a bogus claim from some ditz that led to the manhunt.

I also remember anecdotal conversation from some local news chopper pilots that said that even they noticed it was a weird scene in that there was only one set of tire tracks visible from above.

I can hear the guy from Dateline now..."It was suicide...or waaaas it?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:40 pm 

Darkside wrote:
My wife and I were listening on my scanner.

at what age does listening to scanner traffic become nightly must see TV

This Fox Lake podcast got a lot of cooperation from local LE up there. Hopefully it's not a 100% whitewash of the departments to solely blame GI Joe and Cop Wife. Based on the pedigree of the podcasters (Dr Death, the original Tiger King pod and that creepy Florida dentist family who offed their ex-son-in-law to resolve a custody dispute), it should be a good listen with a mostly legit investigation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:00 am 

This was real close to me. I didn't know the guy, but many people I do know liked and respected him. Turns out, he was a fraud....and a pretty tortured soul because of it.
In the grand scheme of things the money that was embezzled wasn't overly significant but that's not stopping them from trying to bury the wife. Seems a bit over-the-top, but hey....crime is crime.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Sbarro
Darkside wrote:

There was a day a few days after the murder when someone (who turned out to be a special person) said that they saw suspects with weapons leaving Fratellos on 12 and 120 heading south into a cornfield (where woodmans is now). The man hunt was on. My wife and I were listening on my scanner. People in my neighborhood called the cops reporting people trying to enter their homes. At one point, we had a police helicopter maybe 30 feet over our house with a spotlight on our yard. It was kind of freaky. But it was all bullshit.

I would have thought such a strident Patriot and 2A guy would have been out there with his guns. We were wrong about that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:50 pm 

Lefty Guns wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I would have thought such a strident Patriot and 2A guy would have been out there with his guns. We were wrong about that.

You lost me. I should have been running around outside in the dark while the cops were looking for armed suspects running around in the dark because of the constitution?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:58 pm 

There was a cop killer on the loose in your backyard. Your plan of action was to sit and listen to your scanner? So much for all your big talk.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:59 pm 

Lefty Guns wrote:
There was a cop killer on the loose in your backyard. Your plan of action was to sit and listen to your scanner? So much for all your big talk.

My other option being....?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:02 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Lefty Guns wrote:

Defend your palace tough guy. Show us why you have that arsenal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:18 pm 

Lefty Guns wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Lefty Guns wrote:

So... what are you saying I should have been doing? Patrolling the yard with my gun? That's not protecting a house. That's trying to get shot.
Do you ever know what you're talking about?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:20 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Lefty Guns wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Lefty Guns wrote:

So... what are you saying I should have been doing? Patrolling the yard with my gun? That's not protecting a house. That's trying to get shot.

Yes. I’m talking about you not having integrity and being the typical “run your mouth then cower” 2A type.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:25 pm 

Lefty Guns wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Lefty Guns wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Lefty Guns wrote:

Yes. I’m talking about you not having integrity and being the typical “run your mouth then cower” 2A type.

Who was cowering? You're suggesting that as someone who owns a gun that I should have been running around the neighborhood while cops pursued an armed suspect who they didn't have a solid description of and were looking to avenge a fallen comrade?

Something that people like you will never ever understand about people like me... real true 2a believers and gun owners will always exhibit extreme restraint in how they handle themselves in situations in which a firearm is a costar. You don't know any better because you chose a different lifestyle, and that's fine. I'll never degrade you for choosing to not own a gun. That's your call and it's respected. I operate well within my rights and within the parameters of the law as it is written. That's smart.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
This shit is spilling over into every thread. Not gonna lie, I love an engaged DS.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
BigW72 wrote:
This was real close to me. I didn't know the guy, but many people I do know liked and respected him. Turns out, he was a fraud....and a pretty tortured soul because of it.
In the grand scheme of things the money that was embezzled wasn't overly significant but that's not stopping them from trying to bury the wife. Seems a bit over-the-top, but hey....crime is crime.

Who was the poster from this board that knew the guy and was sure he was legit? At least he did for a while and then took offense at posts disparaging the cop.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:33 pm 

denisdman wrote:
This shit is spilling over into every thread. Not gonna lie, I love an engaged DS.

Yeah DS is a solid read. The shots at Seacrest are just a bonus :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:51 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

Who was the poster from this board that knew the guy and was sure he was legit? At least he did for a while and then took offense at posts disparaging the cop.

That was me, but I did not say I knew him. I had said I knew good people that knew him. I also acknowledged being wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
2 episodes in and it's a solid podcast so far.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:01 pm 

Yes, the first two episodes are very good.

They touched on this, but spent more time touching on how much the other police staff hated him He was about as well-known and well-liked as any cop in the area I've ever encountered. Obviously the dude was a fraud, but the incident where he died....people were hurt and scared. I don't think he had any concept of what a disaster his suicide drew up. It's pretty sad and stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:32 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
BigW72 wrote:

That was me, but I did not say I knew him. I had said I knew good people that knew him. I also acknowledged being wrong.

My apologies...clearly my memory was a bit fuzzy on that.