It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vanished Chicagoland
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
I follow this guy on twitter because I'm a sap for Chicagoland nostalgia...not a fan of the podcast format (save for "Sound Opinions"). But you may enjoy. He got a nice piece in a local mag...

https://www.chicagomag.com/city-life/revisiting-what-has-disappeared/

Post subject: Re: Vanished Chicagoland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:53 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
I used to see this guy's posts on Reddit. He comes up with fantastic photos. That is worth the follow alone. He's also from the parish next door, so many of his personal memories hit home.

The podcasts, however, are death. I thought they were a parody at first, given his "Aw, geez" personality and his utterly hilarious accent. The one about "bad and weird Christmas songs from the 70s" was something else. Rather than interviewing an artist or two or at the very least tracking down some fun facts about them, he instead got a hold of a silly Christmas album and simply read the titles and artists aloud, interspersing his oration with a stream of insipid comments and memories. "Aw, geez, this was a good song, yeah. . . I remember, I remember this funny song, yeah."

I felt bad that I was laughing at the guy, because I respect what he does and he comes across as extremely likable. I can't believe he is only 59; he comes across like a 73 year-old Boomer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I've always thought that Pete is on the autism spectrum somewhere. I get the impression from stuff he's posted that he's on some sort of disability. He also seems to have a less than healthy fascination with Robin Baumgarten. That said, his FB page has a lot of interesting stuff.

I couldn't possibly listen to one of his podcasts. I never met the late sini (RIP) in person, but one of Pete's podcasts must sound like having a grandpa born in Roseland reading 30 minutes of sini's writing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I've always thought that Pete is on the autism spectrum somewhere. I get the impression from stuff he's posted that he's on some sort of disability. He also seems to have a less than healthy fascination with Robin Baumgarten. That said, his FB page has a lot of interesting stuff.

I couldn't possibly listen to one of his podcasts. I never met the late sini (RIP) in person, but one of Pete's podcasts must sound like having a grandpa born in Roseland reading 30 minutes of sini's writing.

I think I will give one of his other podcasts a listen. I don't want to listen to make fun of him, but he seems like a nice guy (and I think you are right about him being on the spectrum).

I think the sini comparison is an apt one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock

Jason Bennetti clone!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
denisdman wrote:

Jason Bennetti clone!

Jim Rome calls his listeners clones