It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2600269-jason-days-wife-placed-in-stretcher-after-courtside-collision-with-lebron-james?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=golf

You guys see this? Yikes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Muff diving.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
My buddy that I have been playing golf with isn't able to swing a membership in 2016. His wife put the clamps on him after he bought some new clubs.
I am going to have to decide whether or not I want to keep membership or play all over Wisconsin and IL. I did that in 2013 and it was pretty fun but
ended up costing quite a bit more. Guess I have a few months to think it over.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
You're married now. Just take $20 out of your wife's purse on the way out of the house in the morning and that should help with green fees.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:30 pm 

shakes wrote:
You're married now. Just take $20 out of your wife's purse on the way out of the house in the morning and that should help with green fees.

My wife doesn't really care what I do. The benefits of playing the courses I have a membership on is that it ends up costing me less than $20 per 18 holes by the end
of the year and I can tee off first on the weekends, finishing by 9am. I'm going to likely just get the membership and hook up with him around northern IL once
a month or so and play some different places.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:12 am 

shakes wrote:

:lol:

F'n shakes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Depending on the rain, a buddy and I might actually try to get out and play 9 holes on Saturday PM.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
A new contender for 2016 irons has emerged. Bridgestone J15 CB. Stock shaft i s the Nippon 950 and they are currently $200 cheaper than the Mizunos and Srixons I'm eyeing.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
My buddy that I have been playing golf with isn't able to swing a membership in 2016. His wife put the clamps on him after he bought some new clubs.
I am going to have to decide whether or not I want to keep membership or play all over Wisconsin and IL. I did that in 2013 and it was pretty fun but

That doesn't make sense to me. She says it's ok to drop the coin on the clubs, but then won't let him use them?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

That doesn't make sense to me. She says it's ok to drop the coin on the clubs, but then won't let him use them?

She lulled him into a false sense of security.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:54 am 

Chus wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

She lulled him into a false sense of security.

He bought all the clubs used so that he could get the biggest bang for the buck. Wife is notoriously tight with money and starting next school year they are sending
their first daughter to Carmel H.S. with another daughter going in two years. Based on the amount of coin private school costs he figured it was now or never to get
new clubs so he took the money earmarked for his membership to get clubs. If he didn't get clubs this year he wouldn't get any until 6 or 7 years from now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:33 pm 

Got out today with my son, nephew and brother in law for 9 holes, shot 40 with a double on the last hole. Really nice to get out and just swing the sticks, and to be honest I really didn't want to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Played the Eskimo Open at Cog Hill (course #3) on Sunday Jan 3rd. It was interesting. It was the first time I had played with snow on the ground, as other years were just cold. The yellow balls were really hard to pick up off the tee and harder to find on the ground believe it or not. Pink and orange balls were very easy to spot. Despite the snow cover and cold weather, the ball carried really well...probably only one club length shorter on most holes, though unless you hit an ice patch you got almost no roll. Maximum two putt, and a ball was considered "holed out" when it was within one flag length of the hole so essentially the holes were all 12' wide. I missed a 'snow in one' on the Par 3 fourth hole by about three feet. I think I ended up with an 82 or 83. One of my buddies in our group won it with a 69. He chipped "in" for birdie several times, saved par another 4 or 5 times, and I think only had 2 bogeys on the day.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26