It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Shot a 67 today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:32 pm 

Why did you stop after 12?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Meningitis.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:41 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
A friend of mine lent me a SkyTrak ball launch monitor on long-term borrow. Pretty cool device that is basically a Trackman and gives you an idea of shot distances, spin rates, etc.

Should make clubtesting more data-oriented and specific.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
A friend of mine lent me a SkyTrak ball launch monitor on long-term borrow. Pretty cool device that is basically a Trackman and gives you an idea of shot distances, spin rates, etc.

I saw that on your Instagram. Pretty cool. What do those retail for?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:41 am 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:

I saw that on your Instagram. Pretty cool. What do those retail for?

The unit I am using is the first generation (I think) so about $1500. The newer ones go for around $2000.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Might finally be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Played in my league last night and no shanks. Hit the ball really well, but still 20 yards shorter than a couple month ago. Sucks that my 5i goes 150, but I put one to 3 feet from that distance last night. Followed that up with 140 yard 6 iron that was 10 feet from the pin. Changed my hybrid swing on the range and it made a huge difference as I was able to hit those well for the first time all year.

Have a lesson set for Saturday with Todd Sones, he's supposed to be the best around so hopefully he can come up with a permanent fix for the shanks and help me get my distance back.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
shakes wrote:
Have a lesson set for Saturday with Todd Sones, he's supposed to be the best around so hopefully he can come up with a permanent fix for the shanks and help me get my distance back.

Nice.

He will get you sorted out.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Went to Top Golf with some family friends on Sunday having not hauled off a full-on golf swing in maybe 5 years. My first few attempts were all shanks and banana balls, but on the second go around I was carrying their house 7 iron about 140-160 and getting within 20 or so yards laterally of my intended target.

Finally got the gumption to try a driver someone brought and had similar results to my early iron swings--on top of the rubber tee being worn down to a nub. On the last batch, though, I was able to hit a few draws (I can never hit them conciously they just happen) that carried all the way to back netting of the uphill target area, smacking the netting about 20 feet up from the base, dead center.

I called it quits after that, and my back still hurts, but now I may be in the market for some pre-owned clubs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:48 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
shakes wrote:

Nice.

He will get you sorted out.

At the price he charges he better.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:21 pm 

:lol: Indeed.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:10 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Walked 9 holes at a Par 35 muni course with my Dad on Saturday. Hit almost every club in my bag very well. Driver was terrible except for the 2nd hole. 460 yard par 5, I went driver, 9iron. Greenside bunker, got out and 2 putted for par. Ended up with a 46, we each played two balls on a par 3 and I parred the extra ball from the back tee. Including that, 5 pars with an 8 :evil: and 2 doubles but zero shanked chips and zero 3putts 8) . Pretty pleased overall.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:07 am 

There's a reason Todd Sones charges $200 for a 45 minute lesson. It's because he's worth it. My only regret is that I didn't go see him sooner and that I spent about$250 on lessons with someone who obviously sucks already this summer. Todd fixed me in about 5 minutes. Changed my grip to give me more of a lever action with my left hand, then had me put a hinge in my back swing. Also a couple minor changes in there as well and I was immediately hitting the ball great and nowhere close to the hozzle. He also told me I have shafts that are too stiff in my irons which is costing me distance. Definitely gonna go back to him for a club fitting at the end of the season when prices drop on iron sets.

Went out and played right after the lesson and still shot a 94, but it was good 94 in that I had 4 OBs and some wild shots that led to some blowup holes, but not a single shank. Next day out was a 91, but once again no shanks and lost several strokes by selecting the wrong club as I'm still trying to figure out how far I hit them now. Also putted terribly. I think I'm on my way to getting back to where I was threatening breaking 80 on a regular basis.

THe best part? For the first time all year I'm excited to play golf again. Just in time for big golf trip to Indiana this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
shakes wrote:
There's a reason Todd Sones charges $200 for a 45 minute lesson. It's because he's worth it. My only regret is that I didn't go see him sooner and that I spent about$250 on lessons with someone who obviously sucks already this summer. Todd fixed me in about 5 minutes. Changed my grip to give me more of a lever action with my left hand, then had me put a hinge in my back swing. Also a couple minor changes in there as well and I was immediately hitting the ball great and nowhere close to the hozzle. He also told me I have shafts that are too stiff in my irons which is costing me distance. Definitely gonna go back to him for a club fitting at the end of the season when prices drop on iron sets.

Went out and played right after the lesson and still shot a 94, but it was good 94 in that I had 4 OBs and some wild shots that led to some blowup holes, but not a single shank. Next day out was a 91, but once again no shanks and lost several strokes by selecting the wrong club as I'm still trying to figure out how far I hit them now. Also putted terribly. I think I'm on my way to getting back to where I was threatening breaking 80 on a regular basis.

THe best part? For the first time all year I'm excited to play golf again. Just in time for big golf trip to Indiana this weekend.

That's good news. Paul Azinger says if you can't notice a difference in the first 5 minutes of a lesson find a new teacher.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:26 am 
1000 CLUB

Played Odyssey in Tinley Park early Saturday morning. First time on the track, and may be my last.

What a terrible layout. Course was wet from the overnight rain, but greens were terrible and the rough was overly punitive. Not trying to be picky, but there's no reason why any course should have a forced layup off the tee resulting in a longer shot on the approach. Plus, rough lines shouldn't sweep in and out of the fairway for absolutely no reason, especially when it's 3 inches deep.

Shot 90.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:56 am 
100000 CLUB

i remember liking the first 6 or 8 holes of Odyssey, and then thinking there were just way too many doglegs and tee locations that didn't make any sense after that.

The muni track I played was Palos Hills, off of 105th & Harlem. The greens were in good shape, Tee boxes were very beat up, and the fairways just meh. Its only $10 to walk though any time which to me was far more productive than going to hit a bucket and chip at the range.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:05 pm 

shakes wrote:

You're welcome. Let me know when the Lawsonia member/guest is taking place so I can put it on the calendar.

Furious Styles wrote:
You need a swing fix first. Try to find a guy who can a build a swing around your back issue. Someone who has done it before. Commit to someone reputable for a series of lessons. Todd Sones in Vernon Hills and Brian King at Prairie Landing are guys I hear nothing but good things about.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:23 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
shakes wrote:

You're welcome. Let me know when the Lawsonia member/guest is taking place so I can put it on the calendar.

Furious Styles wrote:
You need a swing fix first. Try to find a guy who can a build a swing around your back issue. Someone who has done it before. Commit to someone reputable for a series of lessons. Todd Sones in Vernon Hills and Brian King at Prairie Landing are guys I hear nothing but good things about.

I can't give you all the credit, the guys on WRX suggested Sones as well. But thanks, your post definitely added to the fuel that finally sparked me to action.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:41 pm 

Pretty sure I suggested him first. :wink:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:52 am 

so here is my golf itinerary for the week.

Wednesday: after work golf league playoffs

Thursday: Drive to South Bend, pick up buddy and his RV. drive to Indy, pick up 6 guys coming in from Orlando. Drive to Broadmoor Country Club for 2pm tee time. After, dinner at Shapiro's Deli (think Manny's only better) and then drive down to Jasper and spend the night at hotel.

Friday: 7:30 tee time at Sultan's Run. Drive to French Lick, 2:00 tee time at Donald Ross course. Dinner at Hagan's at the course and then check in to the hotel at the resort.

Saturday: 36 holes at the Pete Dye course.

Sunday: Drive up to Indy for 9:40 tee time at the Brickyard Crossing.

Best part is the price. We picked up 2 auction packages that cover all the golf at Donald Ross and Pete Dye as well as 2 nights in the hotel for $1000 each. So, $250 per guy for the 5star hotel and a round on the $100 course and unlimited play on the $400 course.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 am 
100000 CLUB

It was nice knowing you, shakes. You back is literally going to fall apart after all that golf & driving.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:30 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
It was nice knowing you, shakes. You back is literally going to fall apart after all that golf & driving.

Well considering last time we did this trip my back went out on me on day 2 and never recovered the rest of the trip that's a pretty good bet.

But, this time I'm only driving to South Bend and the RV we have is big enough where I can lay down and rest during the drives. Also going to play from senior tees and limit practice swings. Hopefully those changes will keep me upright this time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:46 am 

Have a good trip shakes. I was playing my best golf of the season and then had to take another two weeks off due to work
so back at it this coming weekend. Just barely ahead of my golf pace last year now after missing 3 full weekends of perfectly
good golf weather this summer and 2 or 3 days during the week. Only 2-1/2 months left in my golf season. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Shakes is a better golf fan than all of us because he knows it will literally paralyze him and he doesn't care.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:36 am 

Shakes is a better golf fan than all of us because he knows it will literally paralyze him and he doesn't care.

Shakes will still figure out a way to play paralyzed, he'll just have to hit hybrid from 150 instead of 5 iron.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:40 am 
100000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:

Shakes will still figure out a way to play paralyzed, he'll just have to hit hybrid from 150 instead of 5 iron.
If he is hitting a hybrid from 150, then we know his vagina is paralyzed too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:54 am 

that's why a neurosurgeon once told me that I was half medical miracle and half moron.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:02 pm 

shakes wrote:

that's why a neurosurgeon once told me that I was half medical miracle and half moron.

That is a pretty damn good sig there...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:59 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

That is a pretty damn good sig there...

saving it for my eventual tombstone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I golfed in Green Bay for a friend's bachelor. First round in 6 years.

The appeal of the game finally clicked. Pack the cart with as much booze as possible and then it becomes fun!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next