It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022 PGA Tour thread
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Franky T wrote:
Kevin Na is the surprising name for me. Unlike the other guys he is still able to compete and actually win on the PGA Tour. I guess the money is too much for him to pass up. Can't say I blame him, but if those are the "big names" I'll take a hard pass on watching. Although one of the events is going to be at Rich Harvest Farms which is less than 30 minutes from me so I might go watch that one in person.

I've enjoyed Na and his game for a number of years now. The walking the putts thing in the hole is great. I noticed when they were cutting to him during Masters coverage he looked like Augusta was the very last place he wanted to be on earth. Might have had something to do with him not having a chance to win but he looked completely joyless out there. Kind of changed my opinion of him a little bit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
If Na five putts on the Saudi tour like he did at Augusta he might leave the course in a body bag.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Kevin Na is the surprising name for me. Unlike the other guys he is still able to compete and actually win on the PGA Tour. I guess the money is too much for him to pass up. Can't say I blame him, but if those are the "big names" I'll take a hard pass on watching. Although one of the events is going to be at Rich Harvest Farms which is less than 30 minutes from me so I might go watch that one in person.

I've enjoyed Na and his game for a number of years now. The walking the putts thing in the hole is great. I noticed when they were cutting to him during Masters coverage he looked like Augusta was the very last place he wanted to be on earth. Might have had something to do with him not having a chance to win but he looked completely joyless out there. Kind of changed my opinion of him a little bit.

I’ve seen that demeanor from him from time-to-time over the last couple of years.

I think at this point in his career he knows how that he is not going to be any better than he is, and he has never been a guy that is consistently in the hunt. I guess I couldn’t blame him if someone is throwing millions of dollars at him to jump (my personal opinion of a Saudi-funded tour notwithstanding).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:35 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I’ve seen that demeanor from him from time-to-time over the last couple of years.

I think at this point in his career he knows how that he is not going to be any better than he is, and he has never been a guy that is consistently in the hunt. I guess I couldn’t blame him if someone is throwing millions of dollars at him to jump (my personal opinion of a Saudi-funded tour notwithstanding).

I honestly think it started when he wasn't chosen as a wildcard pick for the Ryder Cup. Could have made an argument for him at one time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:49 pm 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Morgan Hoffman playing this week for first time since 2019. Has three starts left on a major medical extension. If you are looking for a dark horse to root for that's the guy. He's been through it the last number of years trying to fight muscular dystrophy

I am totally pulling for him.

2 under thru first 6 today. Would be great to see him make the cut somehow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Morgan Hoffman playing this week for first time since 2019. Has three starts left on a major medical extension. If you are looking for a dark horse to root for that's the guy. He's been through it the last number of years trying to fight muscular dystrophy

Agree. Great story. Rooting for him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:54 am 

Augie wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I see he missed the cut by one. Ugh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
Augie wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Knocked the rust off and played well. Hopefully he takes advantage of his next two exemptions. Although I suppose with his story he will get some sponsors invites.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:25 am 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Augie wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Knocked the rust off and played well. Hopefully he takes advantage of his next two exemptions. Although I suppose with his story he will get some sponsors invites.

He needs 238 points in 2 events to keep his card. I'm not sure what that equates to as far as finishes, but making a bogey on his last hole yesterday has to be painful.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:43 am 

I’d have to look more closely but I think a win gets you around 600. He’d likely need a top ten or something. Hopefully Franky is right and he gets a sponsors invite to a few.

Edit: I looked it up quick

https://www.pgatour.com/fedexcup/fedexc ... eason.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:09 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
I’d have to look more closely but I think a win gets you around 600. He’d likely need a top ten or something. Hopefully Franky is right and he gets a sponsors invite to a few.

Edit: I looked it up quick

https://www.pgatour.com/fedexcup/fedexc ... eason.html

Thanks. Pretty tall order. But, it will be fun to watch.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:43 am 

Looks like literally 20 guys who could win today with a great round. I haven’t watched a minute of this one yet but if it looks like it will be good on the back nine I’ll likely seek out some golf action.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:05 am 

The PGA Professional Championship starts today. The top 20 qualify for the PGA Championship next month. The pro at my course, David Paeglow, qualified last year and is in the field playing for a spot. He's around 53 so the odds are long, but it's pretty cool that he will be representing The Kish!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:31 pm 

Big win for Spieth. He needed that. I thought this was pretty cool of him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Franky T wrote:
Big win for Spieth. He needed that. I thought this was pretty cool of him.

Great guy IRL.

My sister and her husband know the family well.

Speith's special needs sister went to the same school as my niece for years.

That's pretty much how he always is I've been told.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:12 am 

Not really a big fan of the team event this week. If there are some big names near the top on Sunday I might check it out but honestly much more interested in the May golf with the Wells Fargo and then Byron Nelson leading up to the PGA @ Southern Hills. Granted the PGA is my least favorite major but it should still be a good watch.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:49 am 

There was a really good 30 For 30 on this week about Greg Norman. It was very good and filmed him back out at Augusta talking about his heart breaking losses and a nice retrospective of his career. He was my guy growing up in the 80s and early 90s. I bought his instructional hook and learned a hell of a lot from it.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Maybe they've been doing this all season, but the Golf Channel coverage just did something I've never seen/heard before: The GC studio talent has taken over commentary duties for the broadcast, with no throws to on course people. For a second I thought they may have lost comms with the people on the course, but looking at the time it might be that the studio guys take over on commentary while the NBC and CBS crews at the course change out for the broadcast switch.

If this is their solution to get rid of the silly 15-30 minute gap in Sunday coverage of a tournament, I like it.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:50 am 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. You won't be missed.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:24 am 

He's not a big name but I have to agree with Sergio on this one and thought that the official started the clock on his search way too early. He started it when he arrived to the general area of the ball but Garcia should not have been charged time traversing across a stream on rocks before getting to the other side where he knew his ball was. I've heard a lot of guys complaining about a number of rules that they don't like with the PGA Tour. Guys are always going to try to bend the rules as much as possible but this one seemed like bull shit. Guy still shot 67.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:55 am 

Sure it was a bad ruling, but does he think it's going to be a free for all on the LIV Tour? He's always been a whiner and complainer.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:00 am 

Franky T wrote:
Sure it was a bad ruling, but does he think it's going to be a free for all on the LIV Tour? He's always been a whiner and complainer.

Spoiled Brat is a better way of putting it Franky. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:03 am 

Love the golf course this week and I'm not usually a fan of TPC courses.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:05 am 

Augie wrote:

Agreed Augie, and I grew up playing a TPC course.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:10 am 

Augie wrote:

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. Some fun holes that will make Sunday interesting.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:37 am 

Franky T wrote:

I'm still waiting to see what guys are going to play in that. Sounds like a lot more lobbied to play in it than I thought. Not sure if that is just info coming from LIV though.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 9:54 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I'm still waiting to see what guys are going to play in that. Sounds like a lot more lobbied to play in it than I thought. Not sure if that is just info coming from LIV though.

You are going to see a bunch of the 40 somethings looking for a last big pay day and some younger guys filling out the tournaments. I am curious to see what TV is going to handle it, also, what happens with sponsors if they get upset about their players playing in it. What happens if a equipment manufacturer doesn't want their product associated with this. Lots of questions that are going to be answered really quick.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 10:20 am 
100000 CLUB

Can a manufacturer really tell a guy, "Don't play our clubs?" I know they don't have to sponsor him or give him the clubs, but if a guy goes out to an independent dealer or store and essentially buys his own clubs, who the fuck is the manufacturer at that point to say where and when a guy can use sticks that he bought and paid for?

NBA Network should televise the LIV tournys. Obviously they don't care about human rights and golf might get better ratings anyway.

I'm interested to see what Augusta is going to do. I'm sure if Watson and Garcia were thinking about playing on the LIV tour, they probably have already had back room conversations with AGNC about what that would mean for them during Masters week.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 10:38 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Can a manufacturer really tell a guy, "Don't play our clubs?" I know they don't have to sponsor him or give him the clubs, but if a guy goes out to an independent dealer or store and essentially buys his own clubs, who the fuck is the manufacturer at that point to say where and when a guy can use sticks that he bought and paid for?

NBA Network should televise the LIV tournys. Obviously they don't care about human rights and golf might get better ratings anyway.

I'm interested to see what Augusta is going to do. I'm sure if Watson and Garcia were thinking about playing on the LIV tour, they probably have already had back room conversations with AGNC about what that would mean for them during Masters week.

You are correct about the manufacturer but they would lose the money. Sergio actually hates Augusta too, he says he has only ever played 1 good week there.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 10:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Sergio is a prissy little bbitch and has been for a long time. I don't fault him for trying to make as much money as he can playing golf, but I could not care less I ever see him in a PGA tour event again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next