It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Played yesterday in chilly conditions. Managed an 89 on a short Par 65 course where I had a stupid 43 total putts. Greens were beat up and in some cases pins were just in stupid locations, but it still was a sight. I just could not get the speed right no matter what I did and I missed several shorties. Not sure I have ever putted so bad in my life. Tee to green, overall was pretty good. Can't ever remember having birdie putt and walking off the green with a 7. That's tough to do :lol:

This is our little yearly tournament though and I managed to win by 3 shots so I have the famed Mustard Jacket for the year which some of you may have seen on FB 8)

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Congrats on the mustard jacket. Not many people out to golf up by me. Yesterday was the colder of the two but thankfully the wind was almost non-existent. I bet there were maybe 12 cars in the lot when we finished in the morning. It was like 36 degrees when we teed off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:28 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Played yesterday in chilly conditions. Managed an 89 on a short Par 65 course where I had a stupid 43 total putts. Greens were beat up and in some cases pins were just in stupid locations, but it still was a sight. I just could not get the speed right no matter what I did and I missed several shorties. Not sure I have ever putted so bad in my life. Tee to green, overall was pretty good. Can't ever remember having birdie putt and walking off the green with a 7. That's tough to do :lol:

This is our little yearly tournament though and I managed to win by 3 shots so I have the famed Mustard Jacket for the year which some of you may have seen on FB 8)

The jacket goes along swimmingly with the rest of your fashion.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

I told three different people yesterday that my wardrobe is by far the best part of my golf game. That is not wrong save for one or two rounds a season.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 5:00 am 

Chilly weekend but course was empty. A little slow out of the box but the weather hasn’t been the best and I’ve got 8 new clubs in the bag this spring. New swing changes having some impact as well. Very happy I got 9 rounds in before May so it’s been a decent start. Hoping that I can start playing in 50 degree temps soon. My buddy and I played 18 in a cart yesterday in 1:58 which is about as good as it gets. Done by 8 am.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Y’all just sprinting to the ball?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Pretty cold for nine yesterday but plated really well. I surprised myself and beat my friend which never happens. I put a new larger grip on the driver that I bought used so maybe that helped.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:17 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Y’all just sprinting to the ball?

We are always first to tee off so no one in front of us. We definitely play ready golf but never in a rush. Both shot 80 so most strokes happen near the green and someone is always ready to chip or putt.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:21 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: Right. Tbone goes teebox, fairway, green. Repeat. So yeah, easy to play quick.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The weather here in NC has been brutal, it has rained 16 out of 18 weekends in 2023, and it's been heavy rain much of the time.

That said, I spent about $150 this weekend ordering new golf shoes and chinos from Amazon. I am going to get out next week if it kills me, even if it's just 9 holes.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 1:54 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
The weather here in NC has been brutal, it has rained 16 out of 18 weekends in 2023, and it's been heavy rain much of the time.

That said, I spent about $150 this weekend ordering new golf shoes and chinos from Amazon. I am going to get out next week if it kills me, even if it's just 9 holes.

My mom is in Charlotte has said it’s been rainy but she plays mostly during the week. Hope it works out for you this weekend . I ordered new shoes this weekend. Traded in a 3 hybrid and got a discount from my pro on the shoes. $80

https://www.footjoy.com/men/golf-shoes/ ... 2#start=21

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
T-Bone wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

My mom is in Charlotte has said it’s been rainy but she plays mostly during the week. Hope it works out for you this weekend . I ordered new shoes this weekend. Traded in a 3 hybrid and got a discount from my pro on the shoes. $80

https://www.footjoy.com/men/golf-shoes/ ... 2#start=21

I've been gone most of the last month. And the week I was here I took a fall walking on the trail and took a bunch of skin off of my knee, so playing was out until that healed up.

Fortunately I never play on the weekend, almost always Monday through Wednesday. But I hate "cart path only." It's been 18 months so I'm hoping to play alone so I don't piss off anyone. I'm going to drop at 250 on most holes and just hit 3hybrid and 6 iron, and if it's going well then hit some 3 woods from the senior tees.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 2:25 pm 

I take about 5 hours to play because I never find my red ball.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 7:57 am 

Finally a bit of a break in the weather so hope you cretins that golf are going to get out there this weekend. 50 degree weather at 6am means I'll likely be donning shorts. 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:
Finally a bit of a break in the weather so hope you cretins that golf are going to get out there this weekend. 50 degree weather at 6am means I'll likely be donning shorts. 8)

Weather will also break here. Unless things change though there is a backlog of home and yard jobs held off by rain. I hope I do find a window.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

Playing Saturday twilight which is one of my favorite times to play.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:29 am 
100000 CLUB

I played like ass again on Saturday, though my short game was much better than my previous round. 55-48, only 3 pars and a boatload of big numbers. I wish I could just shoot 90 consistently rather than have one 'good' round that is followed by a triple digit round.

Absolutely gorgeous weather Saturday twilight though. Teed off at 2:50pm and as a 3some we were done by 6pm. A few gusts but just perfect temperatures.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 12:21 pm 

Weather was good here. Off and on sprinkles Saturday slowing us down to a 2:15 pace :lol: A bit nicer and dry yesterday and just over 2 hours. Couldn't believe the course was empty both mornings. Put in my Callaway Sub Zero driver to see if it would hit more fairways and also took the heavy weights out of my putter and put in the ones 10 grams lighter each. Still a work in progress. Really need to get to the driving range and hit a huge bucket. Testing things on the course isn't generally the way to do it. New golf shoes arrived and they are pretty nice but likely won't wear them until June when the weather is consistently better and drier. Eleven rounds in with a high score of 82 and a low of 74. One of the more consistent springs that I can remember scoring wise. Flying to Charlotte Wednesday to visit my mom and she has golf planned Thursday and Friday so always fun to dust off the old clubs for a few spins around the course. My plan was to bring down the set I just retired and bring the older Mizuno irons home to sell but I don't think I want to spend the money to fly clubs there and back this trip.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Gotta try and get out this weekend. Don't want my first round of the year to be at Quintero in Arizona next week.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 2:24 pm 

shakes wrote:
Gotta try and get out this weekend. Don't want my first round of the year to be at Quintero in Arizona next week.

Yeah even some range time would be better stepping onto the tee completely cold.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
We had our Spring scramble on Sunday (postponed a couple time because of weather). I hadn't signed up because i knew I would be the "A" player in my group. After golf on Saturday the pro asked if I could play because they still needed a couple guys. I said ok because I could tell really needed players. Sure enough there were 15 teams and by handicap I was the 14th "A" player. My handicap is what it is because I keep the ball in play off the tee and have a good short game - not because I am some great ball striker or long hitter. Not what your look for in a scramble from your "A" player. Our group ham and egged it around and didn't finish DFL. We had fun though.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:16 am 

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

Yeah even some range time would be better stepping onto the tee completely cold.

There are 3 things I can guarantee you will never see me do for the rest of my life:

-Wear a belt

-read a book

-go to the range

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:49 am 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

There are 3 things I can guarantee you will never see me do for the rest of my life:

-Wear a belt

-read a book

-go to the range

Hard to argue with those hard and fast rules. Good luck and enjoy the desert.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:56 am 

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

-Wear a belt

-read a book

-go to the range

How do you not wear a belt?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:57 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

-Wear a belt

-read a book

-go to the range

Must be into sweat pants or velour track suits.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 10:10 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 10:11 am 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:35 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

-Wear a belt

-read a book

-go to the range

I made the move to suspenders about 10 years ago. Massive upgrade in comfort.

During the summer I like elastic waist shorts.

These are pro tips for fat guys.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:36 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

-Wear a belt

-read a book

-go to the range

Must be into sweat pants or velour track suits.

velour track suits? You mean Sweatsedos? I have a closet full of them. Not too many better feelings in the world than going commando in a velour sweat pants.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:22 am 

:shock: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next