It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Cantigny eh fancy boy? That’s right in my neck of the nape. Congratulations

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
First hole in one today. Very pleased with myself.

Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 4:39 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Starting to hit the ball pretty well. 10th round out yesterday. One double bogey kind of ruined a good thing. Hitting 100 yard shots from the sand is hard. :lol: Hit from one trap into another 80 yards away and hit that one fat as well. One of the most challenging shots in golf in my opinion. Love it when I can pull it off, but more often hit them fat or thin. Switched back to my old trusty putter after a few rounds with the mid mallet and drained 3 birdies. I need to hit more fairways. My course is in wonderful shape now that it’s drying out and we got around as a foursome in three hours. Nothing better than a post round beer at just after 9am. 8) hope you guys are getting g out today. Weather is beautiful

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:16 pm 

Played Prairie Landing this afternoon. Beautiful track but yours truly was a bit over his skis there. Local goat pasture is more my speed.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:47 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Played Prairie Landing this afternoon. Beautiful track but yours truly was a bit over his skis there. Local goat pasture is more my speed.

I know the pro there, Brian King. He is older than me but I used to run around with his younger brothers.

Unfortunately life events have limited my golf so far these past couple weeks. I'm hoping things in my life calm down so I can get out there and play. I really need a round of golf to take my mind off things.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 8:55 am 

Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I know the pro there, Brian King. He is older than me but I used to run around with his younger brothers.

Unfortunately life events have limited my golf so far these past couple weeks. I'm hoping things in my life calm down so I can get out there and play. I really need a round of golf to take my mind off things.

Sorry to hear Franky. Hope everything is ok with you, really hope you get a chance to get out and hit it around a bit. I've had a lot going on at work and look forward to my golf more than ever these days.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:04 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I played last Sunday at a goat ranch, and had the shanks. Nothing but 4s and 5s on the card thru the first 8 holes- which is pretty good for me- then I had three 7s and two 6s over the next seven holes to limp in with a 92 on a short course. Really sucked. My chipping and lag putting was really good and definitely saved me at least five or six strokes, so that was a positive.

Looking like a cool weekend with rain likely on Saturday. Might try to squeeze in 9 if the weather allows, but no concrete plans. Would like to try and place twice on Memorial Day weekend.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:07 am 

Weather looking sketchy Fri and Sat mornings for me. I'd like to get them both in if possible. Sunday shouldn't be an issue. I don't even mind the rain so much but the lightning is the big question mark with these storms coming through.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I played last Sunday at a goat ranch, and had the shanks. Nothing but 4s and 5s on the card thru the first 8 holes- which is pretty good for me- then I had three 7s and two 6s over the next seven holes to limp in with a 92 on a short course. Really sucked. My chipping and lag putting was really good and definitely saved me at least five or six strokes, so that was a positive.

Looking like a cool weekend with rain likely on Saturday. Might try to squeeze in 9 if the weather allows, but no concrete plans. Would like to try and place twice on Memorial Day weekend.

I love a good goat ranch. When I get the shanks it's usually because my weight is too far towards my toes at address. I've been working at not letting that happen.

Between work and taking care of my wife, my golf is driving range only.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:14 am 
100000 CLUB

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind playing a muni or a dog track once in a while. I walked, but my buddies were charged $42 to ride which is at least $15 more than it should have cost given the conditions.

Seven par 3s, one par 5, and poor/terrible course conditions should absolutely be no more than $20/walk and $25/ride at any time of the day/week.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind playing a muni or a dog track once in a while. I walked, but my buddies were charged $42 to ride which is at least $15 more than it should have cost given the conditions.

Seven par 3s, one par 5, and poor/terrible course conditions should absolutely be no more than $20/walk and $25/ride at any time of the day/week.

No, I agree. Price should be lower with that type of set-up.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:54 am 

Augie wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

When I get the shanks it's usually because my weight is too far towards my toes at address. I've been working at not letting that happen.

That's odd. I feel like I need to be nearly standing on my toes go make a clean connection. Everyone's swing is different I suppose.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:51 am 

Weather looking relatively good for the holiday weekend. My buddy belongs to a small club in Barrington so going to head down there and check that out Sunday and then play my courses on Saturday and Monday. Haven't really been able to put it all together yet this season. Short game still not where I would like it. It's been a bit cool this year but still hitting the ball a good half club shorter than usual. Going to sell my 3 and 4 irons to my buddy for what the pro shop was going to give me for them. I don't want to haggle and eventually have to ship them somewhere and he is interested in having them so $100 in my pocket will work fine. He should hit them very well. Was hoping to have a few more than 16 rounds under my belt by end of Memorial Day but looking back on my historical data I had 22 in last year so just a few behind.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:56 am 

Is it Stonehenge? It’s pretty nice.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:56 am 

My clubs are still in the travel bag from Christmas. :oops:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:02 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Yeah that is the one. He lives in Wauconda so much easier for him to play regularly especially after work. He drove up to southern WI to play for a number of years and just didn't make sense. I've heard generally good things about the place. Looks pretty bare bones with the clubhouse and stuff. They don't serve alcohol there which seems odd to me but certainly not a deal breaker.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:06 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
My clubs are still in the travel bag from Christmas. :oops:

:? Just not that interested in playing or busy with other stuff?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:07 am 

T-Bone wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Yeah that is the one. He lives in Wauconda so much easier for him to play regularly especially after work. He drove up to southern WI to play for a number of years and just didn't make sense. I've heard generally good things about the place. Looks pretty bare bones with the clubhouse and stuff. They don't serve alcohol there which seems odd to me but certainly not a deal breaker.

This seems like something you would see in the Bible belt, I have never heard of this at any golf course.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:17 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

This seems like something you would see in the Bible belt, I have never heard of this at any golf course.

They claim to ONLY WANT TO BE ABOUT GOLF. Very serious! So my buddy had to pay a certain amount to be a member and then every time he goes there is a nominal fee. Apparently it is to keep the riff raff off and cater to possibly better players. They are also serious about keeping good pace and my friend has said as much. He usually can get around in about 3 hours walking and it never appears to be all that busy there. I suspect it will be busier with it being a holiday weekend. I don't understand it either because it seems like an easy stream of income but on the other hand you shouldn't have to deal with drunk idiots either. If you sneak some on and get caught apparently they can and will pull your membership. Like I said..... serious golf!!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:19 am 

T-Bone wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

The back nine much more interesting than the front. Based on your abilities you should have no trouble with the course.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 1:06 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

The back nine much more interesting than the front. Based on your abilities you should have no trouble with the course.

Always fun playing somewhere new so I am sure it will be fine. My guy texted me today and said the wind was going to be coming out of the south which will make all of the par 5s and all but one of the par 3's into the wind. I am sure he will want to tip it out so will likely play pretty long. Looks pretty open so that will be helpful.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 9:02 pm 

I played my opening season long match play match today. Win and you advance. I haven't touched a club in a month due to some issues with my Mom. It was a great match and we both shot under our handicaps. I was giving him one stroke, which at our course happens to be the third hole. Neither one of us went more than 1 up. We were all square after 18 (he made a great 6-footer), 19, 20, and went to the 21st hole (the third hole). Neither of us were sure if he gets his shot on that hole again. We both assumed he didn't. We got up to the green and our pro happened to be there. He said that, yes, my opponent gets his stroke. We tied the hole, so he won. Kind of a bummer, but like our pro said to me "you should have closed him out earlier" :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 4:23 am 

Franky T wrote:
I played my opening season long match play match today. Win and you advance. I haven't touched a club in a month due to some issues with my Mom. It was a great match and we both shot under our handicaps. I was giving him one stroke, which at our course happens to be the third hole. Neither one of us went more than 1 up. We were all square after 18 (he made a great 6-footer), 19, 20, and went to the 21st hole (the third hole). Neither of us were sure if he gets his shot on that hole again. We both assumed he didn't. We got up to the green and our pro happened to be there. He said that, yes, my opponent gets his stroke. We tied the hole, so he won. Kind of a bummer, but like our pro said to me "you should have closed him out earlier" :lol:

Sorry to hear Franky. Sounds like you played well under some less than ideal circumstances. Played with my buddies yesterday and our course is really playing tough this year. We have a new super and sounds like he is understaffed and our place has 500 acres to take care of which is pretty substantial. He's tightened up all the fairways and the rough is long almost everywhere. Still a bit wet out there so maybe that has something to do with the rough. We are all certainly hoping so. Hard to find your ball in there it is so long. I rolled in 3 birdies but otherwise couldn't get anything going and missed a number of short putts for a 79. Back at it today down in Barrington.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:43 am 

Going to try to dodge the rain drops this weekend and get the rounds in. Usually try to go unless I know there is going to be lightning or it is a washout. Would be nice to string together a couple of nines for once. Probably going to put the newest putter into the bag this weekend now that the greens are speeding up. Playing in a charity outing Monday with some people from work at the local private country club. I usually don't like playing in these since they are like 6 hour rounds but the course is a Donald Ross and I played the event 2 years ago and would like another shot at it. Plus it is better than being in the office. Work is paying for the foursome and probably have a few beers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:13 am 
100000 CLUB

Played 9 last week and it was a bit of a mixed bag. I had the shanks for a while, and while I did shank a couple on the range and one on the course, still managed a 46 and hit the ball decently. Trying to make time for 18 on Sunday afternoon. My swing kinda sucks and mentally I'm all over the place. But at least I know what I'm doing/not doing and will try for corrections.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:04 pm 

Got out today. Shot 83 with two doubles and a quad. Outside of those three holes a pretty solid round. Never good to have an 8 on the card though.

Our big member-member event is next Saturday. My partner has been playing like crap lately. So I am going to go ahead and blame him now. :P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I adjusted my driver loft up today. We will see what happens in league play tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:55 am 

Put a new putter in the bag this weekend and started paying dividends yesterday. Playing in a scramble today for a charity event. Looking like it’s going to be pretty wet out there. Should be a long day. I hate to complain because it’s better than being at work but a 5 or 6 hour soggy round is my worst nightmare. I played with my buddy yesterday and finished 18 by 8:15am. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:26 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Put a new putter in the bag this weekend and started paying dividends yesterday. Playing in a scramble today for a charity event. Looking like it’s going to be pretty wet out there. Should be a long day. I hate to complain because it’s better than being at work but a 5 or 6 hour soggy round is my worst nightmare. I played with my buddy yesterday and finished 18 by 8:15am. :lol:

I've pretty mush retired from playing in those charity scrambles. 6 hour rounds are too much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next