It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:09 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Signing up for a two man shamble open Masters Saturday. 9 hole shamble event in which the cups are
8 inches wide. called the Rust Buster. Could be fun. Also looks like two scramble events coming up on
May 3rd and 4th with the earlier one offering a free county membership as first prize. We lost the fall
version last year by one stroke. Would be nice for my buddies to get a membership as it would ensure
I would play more.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Felt really nice to get a practice-green session in today.

Took along my old putter w/out a Super Stroke grip to compare/contrast. The right/lower hand feels really strange now with the taper of a standard grip. Way too active and I was pulling everything. Ordered a fresh SS 1.0 Ultra Slim now that I plan on sticking w/ a Super Stroke.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Walked 9 holes at White Pines this morning. Course was actually in great shape all things considered. Some mushy spots, but good lies to be found all over the course. Only 1 green covered up with tarp, the rest were slow but playable. I played great. Didn't keep score, but I figure I shot 2 or 3 over. No birdies or doubles, mostly pars with 2 or 3 bogeys. Think I missed 1 fairway all day off the tee and that was barely off in the rough. Drew the ball great off the tee and had a nice fade as well. Did great for the most part with my new draw swing for iron shots, only one bad swing all day and that was just a little thin 7 iron that ended up in front of the green. Didn't use every club, had lots of 7 iron shots, one 8 iron and stuck a 9 iron to 10 feet on a par 3. Had a few 3 woods, they all ended up ok, but not happy with the way I hit any of them.

Here's the weird thing I've noticed. All my life my 3 wood was my best club, would always hit it perfect and right down the middle 225 yards (I know, that's not very long). THis past season as my game dramatically improved, my 3 wood became less and less reliable. Now its probably my least consistent club other than the rarely used 4 iron. Can't figure out why this happened.

All in all, very happy to be out there. If I didn't have hockey I would've played more golf. $20 for all you can play ain't a bad deal. Can't wait till my tournament on 4/26. My goal is to finish in the top half of my flight, I think that's a pretty reasonable goal for my first ever event. For the season my goal is to contend for first place in one event and have a couple top 10 finishes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
shakes wrote:
Here's the weird thing I've noticed. All my life my 3 wood was my best club, would always hit it perfect and right down the middle 225 yards (I know, that's not very long). THis past season as my game dramatically improved, my 3 wood became less and less reliable. Now its probably my least consistent club other than the rarely used 4 iron. Can't figure out why this happened.

As a guy who used to be able to hit his 3 wood off the fairway with some consistency, I understand how frustrating it is when that club suddenly just stops working...however, I didn't have any correlation to the rest of my game getting better. :lol: :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:23 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Walked 18 on Saturday at Coyote Run. Mushy, but greens were in good shape. Did well on the front 9 except for a 7 with a water ball on a par 5, shot 43. Not so good on the back 9, but it was cold, windy, and by about the 15th hole I was pretty tired from walking. I think I ended up with 96 total.

Played 18 yesterday at Stony Creek and shot even 80 (par 66) so not too bad. Two Waterloo holes and I had 5 three putts so that was kinda shitty. Overall though had some real nice iron shots, some good chips with my new 60 degree wedge, and was pretty good off the tee except for about 3 holes all weekend. Was really nice to get out and play a couple of rounds albeit in less than ideal weather and course conditions.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
going out in about 10 minutes. Can't wait.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Hank Scorpio wrote:
going out in about 10 minutes.

For a diaper and formula run?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:56 am 

Got the golf membership squared away on Wednesday and the county courses up here open today.
Have a 9am tee time Sunday and there is a good chance I will wander over there tomorrow to
practice and likely play before plans in the late afternoon. I know it will be ugly but I really can't
wait to get out there to hit and chase.

Anyone else getting out?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:02 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I shot my normal shitty way. I just can never put more than one shot together on a hole. I'll have a decent drive and then a shit approach or I'll stick the approach shot and 3 putt. Just very frustrating.It was awesome to get out in the sun for a little bit though, and I already hit my best shot of the season (which is kind of depressing). I put my tee shot on one of the par 3s within a foot. I almost shit my pants.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Im fully confident that by July it'll be nice enough outside to golf.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:06 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I shot my normal shitty way. I just can never put more than one shot together on a hole. I'll have a decent drive and then a shit approach or I'll stick the approach shot and 3 putt. Just very frustrating.It was awesome to get out in the sun for a little bit though, and I already hit my best shot of the season (which is kind of depressing). I put my tee shot on one of the par 3s within a foot. I almost shit my pants.

The fact that you were even wearing pants shocks me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I put my tee shot on one of the par 3s within a foot. I almost shit my pants.
So you ended up with bogey?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:31 am 

Going to get in a little shag-bag action at a nearby forest preserve. My car will be parked appropriately so as to ward off unwanted advances.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:53 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I put my tee shot on one of the par 3s within a foot. I almost shit my pants.
So you ended up with bogey?

My worst fear... :lol: :lol:

I luckily got my first and probably last birdie of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:07 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Got the golf membership squared away on Wednesday and the county courses up here open today.
Have a 9am tee time Sunday and there is a good chance I will wander over there tomorrow to
practice and likely play before plans in the late afternoon. I know it will be ugly but I really can't
wait to get out there to hit and chase.

Anyone else getting out?

Heading to Willow Hill tomorrow after the wife gets off work, gonna make my way through a bucket of balls on the range and then take the shag bag over the short game area and get in some work.

Sunday I'm supposed to play with some friends, but we haven't decided on a course yet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Furious Styles wrote:
Going to get in a little shag-bag action at a nearby forest preserve. My car will be parked appropriately so as to ward off unwanted advances.

Smart. No reason to leave anything to chance...again.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:10 am 

Got out for 9 this morning. A little chilly at 9am but warmed up to low 40s by the end. Hit the ball surprisingly
well and birdied last two holes for a -1 35. I was pretty shocked.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:07 pm 

Great job T-bone! You should've kept going to see if if you could finish 18 under par.

Had a good practice sesh. Bucket of balls, continued to work on drawing the ball with all clubs. getting pretty good at it. Had several fat and thin shots though, but not too worried since its just the range and I tend to lose a little concentration out there.

Went over the short game area and spent about an hour hitting different shots. Holed out from 50 yards with a 60 degree.

Looking forward to playing White Deer Run tomorrow with my hockey buddies. Lots of trash talking to be had.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:23 pm 

shakes wrote:

Looking forward to playing White Deer Run tomorrow with my hockey buddies. Lots of trash talking to be had.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:45 pm 

Chus wrote:
shakes wrote:

I've moved on from those oil cartridges. Moved onto wax/butter which is concentrated and you put it in the vapor pen. Also, just got a care package containing pot candy, pot honey and pot drops that you put in whatever you're drinking. Stuff's great, had a spoonful of pot honey yesterday around 5 and was completely retarded stoned till 9.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:41 pm 

shakes wrote:
Chus wrote:
shakes wrote:

I've moved on from those oil cartridges. Moved onto wax/butter which is concentrated and you put it in the vapor pen. Also, just got a care package containing pot candy, pot honey and pot drops that you put in whatever you're drinking. Stuff's great, had a spoonful of pot honey yesterday around 5 and was completely retarded stoned till 9.

I get wax from a buddy, and he also makes edibles. Gummi candies for $3. You get fucked up.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:07 am 

Got out again with a friend yesterday. SHot a 78 with a double bogey and a 3 putt. Overall I was
pretty happy and my new driving iron is exceeding my expectations thus far. I was not happy
retiring the one iron but I put this new club out there over 250 a couple of times in the cold. I
have today off and may go again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:01 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Got out again with a friend yesterday. SHot a 78 with a double bogey and a 3 putt. Overall I was
pretty happy and my new driving iron is exceeding my expectations thus far. I was not happy
retiring the one iron but I put this new club out there over 250 a couple of times in the cold. I

250+ w/ a driving iron is pretty awesome. How is the 3 Deep working out?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:42 am 

45-44-89 at White Deer Run yesterday. Two triples on the front, two doubles on the back. Overall, happy about the performance considering I didn't make any putts, had a few fat mishits and still kept it under 90. Also, gutted out a victory in my group as I was 3rd on the leader board down 3 strokes with 6 to play and came back strong to finish on top.

1/6 fairways on the front with the driver, but finished the day 5/5 on the back. Had some nice drawing iron shots into greens. Some nice up and downs and a really good sand save.

Its a tough course so can't complain about the first outing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:38 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

250+ w/ a driving iron is pretty awesome. How is the 3 Deep working out?

The 3 Deep I've only hit a few times but it really goes if you hit it right. I was able to reach a par 5
in two on Saturday leaving myself about 20 feet for eagle with it. Didn't play yesterday, I probably
should have.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:29 am 

I have a nine hole tournament tomorrow morning with a buddy. It is a Shamble format where we take the
best drive and then play our own shots in from that. It is called the Big Cup Rust Buster and the holes will
be cut with 8 inch wide cups for our putting pleasure. Never played in anything like this but for $30, lunch,
golf with cart and prizes I thought it would be a good time. The weather is looking really nice.

Sunday is looking to be a little wet but I may try to get out early for 18 even if it rains as long as there
is no lightning and get home for a full afternoon of Masters coverage.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:15 am 

why only 9 holes Tbone? Gonna be too nice tomorrow to stop after just 9.

I'm playing Sportsman tomorrow with a couple friends, one of whom is my partner for the after work league at Sportsman that starts in a couple weeks. Figure it would be good to get out there and play a round before the league starts.

Tomorrow is gonna be long....Got a 11:00 hockey game tonight which means I'll be in bed at 3. 8:12 tee time tomorrow, 5:40 hockey game downtown, 7:15 dinner with my parents to celebrate the wife's birthday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:25 am 

Brought my 60 degree and a couple sleeves of balls to work today. Gonna head over to Willow Hill at lunch and be that guy on the practice green in a suit working on short game while eating a sandwich. Gonna start to make that my daily routine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:37 am 

shakes wrote:

That is just how the tournament is set up. It is tempting to play more but I really should do some
yard work and get some fertilizer down before it starts raining tomorrow evening. I can play in
the rain on Sunday if I feel like it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:44 am 

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:

That is just how the tournament is set up. It is tempting to play more but I really should do some
yard work and get some fertilizer down before it starts raining tomorrow evening. I can play in
the rain on Sunday if I feel like it.

Ahem...if I may be allowed to be "that guy":

You'll get better results if you put the fertilizer down after the rain. It will stick to the plants better and the rain washes a lot of it away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next