It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Running
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:31 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
I want to do a marathon one day. but its going to be MY marathon. I am not paying someone to let me run down the street. What a scam. :lol:

This guy gets it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:14 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
the cold has been terrible. i've had to wear gloves the past two days on my run! i treasure running in the humid summer as i feel i get this purgative sweat.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I may be doing a 5K this Friday that the fiancée wants to compete in. I'll be running with her so my job is to push her along as she wants to try to finish without
stopping which would be huge for her. She isn't much of a runner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
it has been awesome running weather the last 3-4 days, nice and cool. i have a 5k in a couple weeks in Wheaton. i look forward to running a smarter race than last time and hopefully getting a good time. good luck on your 5k T-Bone, good for your fiancee for wanting to get out there and try it. my wife wants nothing to do with running, i wish she would try. my daughter likes to race, so she enters with me from time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Completed the marathon in Schaumburg 4 hrs 54 min. Not great but an improvement over 2014.

Rested since and back at it yesterday and today.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:01 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
Completed the marathon in Schaumburg 4 hrs 54 min. Not great but an improvement over 2014.

Nicely done!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:04 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:

how much do they charge for that one, wd? i hear the chicago marathon recently went to a lottery much like NYC.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:32 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
I may be doing a 5K this Friday that the fiancée wants to compete in. I'll be running with her so my job is to push her along as she wants to try to finish without
stopping which would be huge for her. She isn't much of a runner.

would be huge for me too. i can go 2 miles and thats about it without stopping. although i can go 2, walk for 10min, then do 2 more... i know if i run twice a week i keep getting stronger and stronger so i really just need to keep at it. i dont have runners legs... but have been building that up. it takes months/years to really make a difference.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:08 am 

wdelaney72 wrote:

nice job!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:21 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
I'm running this year and I am running #2 in the team. I have the slowest time per mile and will run 4.5/4.5/6.21 for my legs. At the moment my run start times are 5:53 AM Friday 6/12, 5:04 PM same day, and 2:12AM on Saturday 6/13. Looking forward to it as my legs include leaving Madison, running through campus of Caroll College, and then going from Racine into Kenosha (that'll be fun at 2 AM on a Friday/Saturday).

good luck on this Dan. I am a hair away from committing to the 2016 race and would love to hear some feedback from you after you are done.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:26 am 

W_Z wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

how much do they charge for that one, wd? i hear the chicago marathon recently went to a lottery much like NYC.

Chicago Marathon went lottery in 2013 and has been since. I've never done Chicago Marathon and have zero desire. this was a decent event...well run, plenty of aid stations. Course was a bit confusing at times with some overlap sections and the end has a really anti-climactic finish line. But the important thing is it's reasonably priced, located in the suburbs with easy parking, and well staffed with aid stations. All said and done it was $105, which included about $10 to ship the packet, shirt, and bib to my house so I didn't have to attend one of those stupid expo's to pick up my stuff.

My favorite is the Fox Valley Marathon in St. Charles 9/20. It's just a great setup...4000 runners, so good crowd but not insane.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:22 am 

running weather was great there for a while, cool evenings with low humidity, but the humidity recently has made things a lot tougher. last night was the air was super-heavy and warm and uncomfortable. still getting in the miles though, although i don't think i will be getting any PR's at my race this Saturday in Wheaton. I've got one more summer race scheduled for the 4th of July, and then I'm pulling the plug on racing until fall. summer racing sucks, I'm going to keep training and load up on october-december 10k's.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:48 am 

Been out 3 days this week so far.

Post-marathon, I'm struggling to want to be out there. Burned out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:29 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Our van has finished our third leg in Ragnar and Van 2 is going. Totally different mind set running through Racine into Kenosha at 3 AM.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:42 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
running weather was great there for a while, cool evenings with low humidity, but the humidity recently has made things a lot tougher. last night was the air was super-heavy and warm and uncomfortable. still getting in the miles though, although i don't think i will be getting any PR's at my race this Saturday in Wheaton. I've got one more summer race scheduled for the 4th of July, and then I'm pulling the plug on racing until fall. summer racing sucks, I'm going to keep training and load up on october-december 10k's.

two of the three marathons i ran in chicago the temps were in the high 80's to 90's. it became absolute torture between miles 22-25 because you still had so much more to go. it was brutal, but i never stopped running as tempting as it was.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
W_Z wrote:

two of the three marathons i ran in chicago the temps were in the high 80's to 90's. it became absolute torture between miles 22-25 because you still had so much more to go. it was brutal, but i never stopped running as tempting as it was.

That is awesome. I don't do high temps very well; I slow to a crawl and then go into death march mode.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
a genius wrote:
W_Z wrote:

That is awesome. I don't do high temps very well; I slow to a crawl and then go into death march mode.

The older I get, the hotter I like it. For me, it's so much easier to get loose when it's hot. Of course, I'm not going 20 miles+. It was a long time ago when I ran the marathon distance, but I think it was pretty temperate both times I did it. I don't remember it being particularly hot.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
but I think it was pretty temperate both times I did it. I don't remember it being particularly hot.

wait.... are you talking about running or anal sex here?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:02 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Great running weather today. Might make it a doubleheader this evening. I lost a little stubborn winter weight the last couple weeks, want to keep that going.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:03 pm 

get in as much as you can before the humidity sets in. it's unbearable once it gets above 80 with humidity.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:05 pm 

I've survived Florida and Missouri humidity, the latter with hills. I fear nothing here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:07 pm 

how many miles are you running? i couldn't do more than 16 without feeling like my life force was drained.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:16 pm 

I did six this morning, probably eight tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:18 pm 

10 in humidity is brutal but still feels rewarding afterwards. 8 is pretty decent, 6 is easy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:51 am 

Had a cold front move through last night. Was beautiful out this morning. 70 degrees with a nice breeze. Got my C25K program in and stayed out another 30 mins walking/jogging just enjoying the beautiful temps.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:35 pm 

W_Z wrote:
get in as much as you can before the humidity sets in. it's unbearable once it gets above 80 with humidity.

Yeah, good warning, Skilling. Now I'm freezing my balls off out there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Shooting for 3 miles tonight. Been a year time since I've attempted that distance.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:23 pm 

just got in from a nice evening run, it is beautiful out there right now. low humidity, cool temps. i spent several days in new york city this week and got the opporutnity to run a lap around central park, a nice 6 mile run. central park is just a fantastic place to run, what a great experience. it caters to runners and cyclists with plenty of running and bike lanes o you never feel in danger with the traffic, and there is a great sense of community with the runners out there, very friendly and easy to strike up a conversation with. any talk there used to be about central park being a dark and dangerous place seemed out-dated too. very well lit, wide paths, and even at night when we walked through there it felt very safe. there was always a good number of people out there as well. if you ever get the chance, you should make sure to get out there and run, its awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Harvard Dan wrote:
I'm running this year and I am running #2 in the team. I have the slowest time per mile and will run 4.5/4.5/6.21 for my legs. At the moment my run start times are 5:53 AM Friday 6/12, 5:04 PM same day, and 2:12AM on Saturday 6/13. Looking forward to it as my legs include leaving Madison, running through campus of Caroll College, and then going from Racine into Kenosha (that'll be fun at 2 AM on a Friday/Saturday).

good luck on this Dan. I am a hair away from committing to the 2016 race and would love to hear some feedback from you after you are done.

Sorry I didn't get back to you. Overall an amazing experience...maybe shouldn't have eaten at a Denny's inside a Love's Truckstop before our last legs (our van had 1-6). My 6.3 leg at 2AM Saturday into Kenosha got a little hairy as their was really no other teams around me except for one about a mile behind that was spooky as the headlamp was bounding. Four days after the race I was on an Amtrak Train out to California and ended up in Oakland the day before the Warrior's parade, and then walked the Hills of San Francisco so a little dead leg from all that combined running. I've found Monster Rehab...what a beverage!! Anyways it's an experience I would recommend and would do again. Commit to it....The Sierra Nevada at Montrose Beach tasted awesome.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:01 pm 

This evening decided to forgo the C25K program and just see how far I could go.

Jogged a mile straight and could have went farther but started feeling some cramps in my legs so I backed off to walking 3 mins and jogging 3 mins for 2 more miles.

I know a mile straight is not a big deal for most of you big time runners. But it is the first time I have done a mile straight in about 3 years, so pretty happy with it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next