It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
spanky wrote:
Ahem...if I may be allowed to be "that guy":

You'll get better results if you put the fertilizer down after the rain. It will stick to the plants better and the rain washes a lot of it away.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I don't know if you guys realize this, but science has come out with this new advanced technology that will take care of all your fertilizer and lawncare needs. Its called, "Mexicans".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:57 am 

Feed It!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
spanky wrote:
You'll get better results if you put the fertilizer down after the rain. It will stick to the plants better and the rain washes a lot of it away.
So we should shit on Chus neighbor's lawn after it rains on Sunday. Got it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
spanky wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:
why only 9 holes Tbone? Gonna be too nice tomorrow to stop after just 9.

That is just how the tournament is set up. It is tempting to play more but I really should do some
yard work and get some fertilizer down before it starts raining tomorrow evening. I can play in
the rain on Sunday if I feel like it.

Ahem...if I may be allowed to be "that guy":

Thanks for the tip. I have a pretty small yard so I may lay some down beforehand and then spread some more
after the rain.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
It is called the Big Cup Rust Buster
T-Bone wrote:
the holes will be cut with 8 inch wide cups for our putting pleasure.
T-Bone wrote:
Sunday is looking to be a little wet
If Kid Cairo were still here, all of these would be posted in the innuendo thread.

And if Eaglo Jeff was here, this would be,
T-Bone wrote:
Never played in anything like this but for $30, lunch, golf with cart and prizes I thought it would be a good time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:10 pm 

Got out yesterday for 14 holes before lightning and hail drove us off the course. Had a real rough start. played hockey at 11:30 friday night, got to bed at 3 and woke up at 6:45 for 8:12 tee time. My back was on fire the first couple hours, shot a 45 on the front. Settled down on the back and was playing really well before having to leave.

Got out today for 9 holes at Billy Caldwell. Finished 3 over. My goal is to play that course even par by the end of the year. Go there a lot with the wife. Had a couple amazing shots. Drove the green on a really short downhill downwind par 3. Missed the 50 foot eagle putt by an inch to the left. Later I put a 150 approach 7 iron to 1 foot past the pin, no idea how it didn't roll in for eagle.

Temperature dropped about 15 degrees during our round. Lots of idiots out there in shorts and a tshirt.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:23 am 

Played in a nine hole tournament on Saturday with 8 inch cups. Surprisingly even with huge cups
it wasn't easy to make the putts. We got one and a half holes in before the rain and lightning came.
They called us off the course for about 90 minutes or so. The shamble format was an interesting one.
Take the best drive and play your own ball from there. We finished with -3 which we didn't think would
be good enough to win but we actually took it by two shots. We took home 4 free rounds of golf for our
trouble. I probably would have shot about 37 with my own ball. I made two birdies including one in which
I stuck a shot from 175 yards within a foot of the hole.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Weather permitting, I am going to get out Monday, for the first time since early November.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:53 pm 

Chus wrote:
Weather permitting, I am going to get out Monday, for the first time since early November.

Bolingbrook?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:22 pm 

spanky wrote:
Chus wrote:

Bolingbrook?

No. Somewhere closer and cheaper.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:07 am 

Got at least an inch of snow here yesterday. :evil: I have Friday off of work and was hoping to golf
so maybe it will all melt by then.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:27 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Got at least an inch of snow here yesterday. :evil: I have Friday off of work and was hoping to golf
so maybe it will all melt by then.

Wow, it snowed that much down there, it didn't even cover the ground up by me. One day we need a ark and the next snow shovels, you have to love living in Wisconsin. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:42 am 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
you have to love living in Wisconsin.
Said nobody ever.

Playing at Woobdine in Homer Glen on Saturday, noon tee off. For all of those that live near there or have played it before, its closing at the end of this year so play that track while you can this summer; http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/ ... ourse.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:15 am 

http://top100golf.blogspot.com/

You gotta check out this guy's blog. He is one of only 23 people to have played all 100 courses on the top 100 courses in the world list. I read his write up of Augusta and its nothing short of amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: That guy must be a billionaire.

This is pretty cool, shakes. If I get the chance to play like 2 of those I'd be happy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:57 am 

yea, he lives an amazing life. To put it in context, 23 people have been on the moon, the same number of people who have played all 100 courses.

I only read the Augusta write up and it was really cool. Loved the part about a 2 time Masters winner asking if it was ok if he joined them on the back 9.

I'm gonna read some more of those write ups today at lunch.

He won't say how he got on Augusta, only that it took him 15 years of trying.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:08 am 

I have no work tomorrow and no plans at all for the weekend or Easter. Looks like at least 18 holes
Fri - Sun. Anyone else getting out? Wish it were warmer but it is better than snow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:20 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I have no work tomorrow and no plans at all for the weekend or Easter. Looks like at least 18 holes
Fri - Sun. Anyone else getting out? Wish it were warmer but it is better than snow.

Yes, in Tennessee 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:20 am 

Walked 18 today at 7:30. I was the 2nd guy out and got around in 2.5 hours. I was playing the longest of
the courses where I belong and at 6900 plus yards and wet conditions it was playing really long. Got off to
a rough start just jumping out of the car with 3 bogeys in first 4 holes but pulled it together for a 77. Taking
a break at home for lunch and may play the short course close to home this afternoon. Planning on a 2-3
hour practice session tomorrow morning so this will let me know what I really need to work on ( mostly
putting and chipping I think ). Pine Meadow has a phenomenal practice range.

Edit - coming home for lunch was a miscue as now I am really achy. Sucks getting older. Guess I will
putz around and do some yard work instead of playing again.

Last edited by T-Bone on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:21 am 

have fun at church sunday you Jesusers, its gonna be 70 degrees out. I'll be on the golf course, Balmoral Woods to be exact, 10:30 tee time. Very nice course in Crete. Tough track, played it twice last year and did not do well. Played there the week after my big golf trip/tournament in Wisconsin and was clearly suffering from Cup hangover as I posted a 96, my 2nd worst round of the year.

I think I shot over 90 my other time out there so the goal Sunday is obvious, break 90!

Taking the wife with me and going to have her keep score for a full round for the first time ever. Putting a double par max on each hole, it will be interesting to see how she does. If see can keep it under 120 I think that's a good start. We played Billy Caldwell 9 hole last week and she shot a 54 so I think its possible.

Might get out tomorrow morning as well. Hawks game at 2 and I have a hockey game at 4:30 so not sure yet what I'll do. Might skip my hockey game and just do a golf and Hawks game combo. Can think of worse ways to spend a Saturday morning and afternoon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
https://us-mg204.mail.yahoo.com/neo/lau ... 2n65h#mail

From a Jesuser to you shakes.

Came up on Travelzoo. Not sure if the course is any good, thought you may be interested.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:26 pm 

Chus wrote:

Wifey is off on Tuesday, as well, so we are going Tuesday afternoon, after I pick up the boy from preschool. I'm not taking chances tomorrow.

Fox Valley Golf Club in North Aurora. It's nothing special, but there is very little water, and it's only 6000 yards, so not a bad place for my first time out. $52 for 18 holes w/cart for the two of us, is a pretty nice deal.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:11 pm 

49-50-99 at Balmoral, I suck.

Worst round in over 2 years. Hit 3/13 fairways, lots of hooked draws and sliced fades. Then, on the back the shanks came back for 3 holes. 4 balls OB. And of course I birdied the toughest hole on the course. Played 9 of the holes at 24 over and the other 9 at 3 over.

The wife, on the other hand, did great. Shot a 120 in her first recorded round. Had her first career birdie. 135 yard par 3, hybrid to 15 feet. Basically had the same putt as Bubba on Saturday last week, downhill and 10 feet of rigth to left break and she rolled it in.

As for the course, it was in A++++ condition. Was amazed at how nice it was. Greens were true and very fast. And for $45 with a cart its the best deal you can find in Chicago area without a doubt. Really nice people there too. We got there at 10 for our 10:30 tee time, found out the range was closed and the guy told us to go ahead and play 17 and 18 as a warmup and then go to 1 at 10:30 for our tee time.

Overall I would say that Balmoral might be the most underrated course in the area.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:22 pm 

shakes wrote:
49-50-99 at Balmoral, I suck.

Worst round in over 2 years. Hit 3/13 fairways, lots of hooked draws and sliced fades. Then, on the back the shanks came back for 3 holes. 4 balls OB. And of course I birdied the toughest hole on the course. Played 9 of the holes at 24 over and the other 9 at 3 over.

The wife, on the other hand, did great. Shot a 120 in her first recorded round. Had her first career birdie. 135 yard par 3, hybrid to 15 feet. Basically had the same putt as Bubba on Saturday last week, downhill and 10 feet of rigth to left break and she rolled it in.

As for the course, it was in A++++ condition. Was amazed at how nice it was. Greens were true and very fast. And for $45 with a cart its the best deal you can find in Chicago area without a doubt. Really nice people there too. We got there at 10 for our 10:30 tee time, found out the range was closed and the guy told us to go ahead and play 17 and 18 as a warmup and then go to 1 at 10:30 for our tee time.

Overall I would say that Balmoral might be the most underrated course in the area.

Perfect weather, to boot. That sounds like a great day.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:24 pm 

Have a 10:04 tee time tomorrow, got out and hit balls yesterday. Had a lot of family stuff over the first 2 days, but the rest of the week down here is my golf time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:25 am 

Played the same long course as I did on Friday. Still hitting the ball pretty well but yesterday was full of
mental mistakes. Lost a ball on 3 of the 4 par 5's where I can usually do some damage and help my score.
Also bladed a 90 yard bunker shot OB. Been working on the putting and on the back nine I did something
I had never done and had my buddies laughing at me. On holes 10-16 I lipped out 5 putts between 8 and 30
feet. I couldn't believe it, but I had to just shake my head and figure the putting is getting better. All in
all shot an 81 which is respectable at that course and all the penalty shots. Weather was beautiful. We
teed off at 7 and finished at 10:45 walking and letting one two some through.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:25 am 
100000 CLUB

97 at Woodbine on Sat. Went to MidIron driving range before to hit a large bucket, and hit almost everything pretty well. My drives I was losing to the right a bit, but nothing that would get me in serious trouble. Got a new Nickdent hybrid and was really crushing that. Also got a new 60 degree wedge and was chipping that pretty well so I was feeling pretty good about the upcoming round.

First 5 holes weren't very good, but they weren't terrible either. Started off with a double bogey, but then 5 straight bogeys which for me isn't too bad. I had par chances, just could not sink any putts all day long. Then I really, just terribly started slicing the driving and the short game left me completely. Took a 6 on a par 3 and an 8 on the 9th hole par 4. Had an eagle chip on the 10th hole par 5 and flubbed it about 20' in front of me then 3 putted. Only 1 par on the day, several bad chips and 4 three putts. Other than hitting the hell out of that new hybrid and a hellava sand shot on 15, it was just one of those days.

Great weather, but the course was in pitiful condition. Brown all over, greens weren't that green and had sand on some of them, the rough wasn't cut, it was a pretty sad state of affairs. I know Woodbine is closing at the end of the year so maybe they are doing just the bare minimum with groundskeeping this year. Obviously the winter has been brutal, but I've played 3 other courses so far this year and all of those (even Deer Creek which was soggy as hell and still had some snow on it) were in 10 times better shape. The score was 90% on me, but the crappy conditions of the course, a 5 hour 10 minute round, NO beverage cart (I mean really. who wants to make more money selling beer and gatorade?) certainly did not help.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:37 pm 

shakes wrote:
Hit 3/13 fairways, lots of hooked draws and sliced fades. Then, on the back the shanks came back for 3 holes. 4 balls OB. And of course I birdied the toughest hole on the course. Played 9 of the holes at 24 over and the other 9 at 3 over.

That sounds like my game.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:57 pm 

Shot a 80 the first round I played as I hit it ok but made no putts and if I missed a green I was not getting it up and down. Played 9 yesterday at a pretty good course and shot Even, bogeyed the first hole and played the last 8 in 1 under. Putting was much better as I lipped out 2 birdie putts and left 1 short right in the middle of the cup. My hip was bothering me this morning so I am taking today off. Have a 10:00 tee time tomorrow for 18 and will play 18 more on Friday before I head home on Saturday. The weather down here has been absolutely perfect and it is killing me I am not playing today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next