It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2015 Masters
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Scorehead wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Should be a fun Sunday. Phil has to be pissed about that miss on 18.

Yea. Great to see him tear it up today though.

I wish I could agree. Not a Phil fan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Peoria Matt wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Scooter wrote:

Whats not to like about my guy Lefty?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:58 pm 

Like my Dad used to say "Phony as a three dollar bill". He strikes me as an Eddie Haskell type. Apparently has been given the nickname "FIGJAM" by the other tour players. Fuck I'm Good Just Ask Me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:37 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Like my Dad used to say "Phony as a three dollar bill". He strikes me as an Eddie Haskell type. Apparently has been given the nickname "FIGJAM" by the other tour players. Fuck I'm Good Just Ask Me.

But there isn't any proof that he's a phony. I like people until they give me a reason not to.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:39 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
I like people until they give me a reason not to.

Fuck that. That's laziness.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:02 pm 

:scratch:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
I like people until they give me a reason not to.

Fuck that. That's laziness.

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:06 pm 

Just trying to make a joke. Fail.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Peoria Matt wrote:
Fuck I'm Good Just Ask Me.
I am good. :P

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Some great work out TV. Get your schvitz on , sweat out a few vodkas and watch some golf. GO SPIETH!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Overall a good tournament with some outstanding performances. Was rooting for Spieth to win but was hoping for a closer finish with a little drama.
Considering -8 won the year before and -18 wins this year there was a lot of impressive golf as I don't think the course played that much easier.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:18 am 

Golf is so much more interesting when Tiger and Phil are shown on the leaderboard the final day.

I have a feeling I'm going to treat golf like many people treated the post-Jordan NBA. I just can't get excited about any of these other guys. I know they are good but I just can't find a reason to like or dislike guys like Rory McIlroy or Jordan Spieth.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
T-Bone wrote:
Overall a good tournament with some outstanding performances. Was rooting for Spieth to win but was hoping for a closer finish with a little drama.
Considering -8 won the year before and -18 wins this year there was a lot of impressive golf as I don't think the course played that much easier.

No doubt. Most years , Phil or Rose' score wins hands down.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:21 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Scooter wrote:

Whats not to like about my guy Lefty?

8. Phil Mickelson

Last August at the PGA Championship at Baltusrol, in New Jersey, a reporter turned to a golfer on the tour and said of Phil Mickelson, “Man, the fans here love Phil.” The golfer replied, “They don’t know him the way we do.” It blew our minds a little when we heard this, since Mickelson ranks among the most admired golfers in America. But today the same reporter makes his case bluntly: “Phil Mickelson literally has no friends out there. He annoys everybody.”

Mickelson has earned many nicknames on the Tour, but our favorite is FIGJAM (Fuck, I’m good—just ask me). “There are a bunch of pros who think he and his whole smiley, happy face are a fraud,” another reporter says. “They think he’s preening and insincere.” Mickelson has aggressively pursued a family-man image that is crucial to his success as an endorser. In 1999, when he nearly won the U.S. Open, Mickelson wore a beeper onto the fairway to alert him when his wife went into labor. If the beeper went off during the final round, he announced, he would simply walk off the course. Some of Mickelson’s peers, smelling a PR stunt, badly wanted to call his bluff. “Everybody’s saying, ‘Oh God, I want that beeper to go off,’ ” recalls one writer. (It didn’t.)

In 2003, Mickelson violated multiple taboos when he told a reporter that Tiger Woods was playing with “inferior equipment” and that he envied Mickelson’s longer drives from the tee. Woods was infuriated. “You just don’t say shit like that in golf,” says a reporter. (To be fair, another reporter says, “Phil was right.”)

Shortly before the 2004 Ryder Cup, though, Mickelson abruptly switched from Titleist to Callaway equipment. He left himself little time to get used to the new balls and clubs. “It wasn’t in the best interest of the team,” says a reporter. “The only thing that it was in the best interest of was his financial gain.” The contract paid a reported $7 million to $10 million annually. “What it did was set up a bull’s-eye on him if he played poorly,” says a different reporter. “Which he did.”

Most recently, Mickelson blew off the 2005 Tour Championship, though the PGA was in the midst of negotiating its new TV contract. One reporter says, “The Tour was trying to come up with a plan that would make the networks happy, so it wouldn’t have to give back a lot of money, and here’s the number three player in the world skipping the premier season-ending event. Other players said, ‘How about helping the rest of us who aren’t as rich?’ ” Adds another reporter: “It’s like not showing up for somebody’s wedding.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:26 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

8. Phil Mickelson

Last August at the PGA Championship at Baltusrol, in New Jersey, a reporter turned to a golfer on the tour and said of Phil Mickelson, “Man, the fans here love Phil.” The golfer replied, “They don’t know him the way we do.” It blew our minds a little when we heard this, since Mickelson ranks among the most admired golfers in America. But today the same reporter makes his case bluntly: “Phil Mickelson literally has no friends out there. He annoys everybody.”

Mickelson has earned many nicknames on the Tour, but our favorite is FIGJAM (Fuck, I’m good—just ask me). “There are a bunch of pros who think he and his whole smiley, happy face are a fraud,” another reporter says. “They think he’s preening and insincere.” Mickelson has aggressively pursued a family-man image that is crucial to his success as an endorser. In 1999, when he nearly won the U.S. Open, Mickelson wore a beeper onto the fairway to alert him when his wife went into labor. If the beeper went off during the final round, he announced, he would simply walk off the course. Some of Mickelson’s peers, smelling a PR stunt, badly wanted to call his bluff. “Everybody’s saying, ‘Oh God, I want that beeper to go off,’ ” recalls one writer. (It didn’t.)

In 2003, Mickelson violated multiple taboos when he told a reporter that Tiger Woods was playing with “inferior equipment” and that he envied Mickelson’s longer drives from the tee. Woods was infuriated. “You just don’t say shit like that in golf,” says a reporter. (To be fair, another reporter says, “Phil was right.”)

Shortly before the 2004 Ryder Cup, though, Mickelson abruptly switched from Titleist to Callaway equipment. He left himself little time to get used to the new balls and clubs. “It wasn’t in the best interest of the team,” says a reporter. “The only thing that it was in the best interest of was his financial gain.” The contract paid a reported $7 million to $10 million annually. “What it did was set up a bull’s-eye on him if he played poorly,” says a different reporter. “Which he did.”

Most recently, Mickelson blew off the 2005 Tour Championship, though the PGA was in the midst of negotiating its new TV contract. One reporter says, “The Tour was trying to come up with a plan that would make the networks happy, so it wouldn’t have to give back a lot of money, and here’s the number three player in the world skipping the premier season-ending event. Other players said, ‘How about helping the rest of us who aren’t as rich?’ ” Adds another reporter: “It’s like not showing up for somebody’s wedding.”
:lol: That all seems like a lot of sour grapes . OMG he switched equipment? I mean are there reports out there of him ripping his caddy after bad shots, being a jerk to fans? Its like these players are saying" we know he's an asshole he just never gets caught at it". But we know he is. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:26 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Stricker and O'Meara.

They both had great rounds yesterday too, shooting 68 each.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:44 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

8. Phil Mickelson

:lol: That all seems like a lot of sour grapes . OMG he switched equipment? I mean are there reports out there of him ripping his caddy after bad shots, being a jerk to fans? Its like these players are saying" we know he's an asshole he just never gets caught at it". But we know he is. :roll:

Could be. I dont follow golf enough to know.

Although, I do know people who are total assholes but put on a nice show in public. I could see that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:46 am 

Yeah but that would mean there should be reports he's being a jerk to people in private. If there are why don't these guys say so? Why protect him if they dislike him so much?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Scorehead wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

But there isn't any proof that he's a phony. I like people until they give me a reason not to.

When have you ever needed proof of anything to hate somebody?

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=67938&p=1398838&hilit=fowler#p1398838

Here is Scorehead in 2012:

Scorehead wrote:
Chus wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Phil.

Also, here's hoping that someone pushes Ricky Fowler into Rae's Creek.

Why am I not surprised that you dislike Ricky Fowler, simply because of his wardrobe?

There's that, plus he's a complete Douchbag.

Why was a he a douchebag? Where was the proof?

Scorehead wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
But there is a lot out there to support the opinion that Tiger is/was a total dickhead.

What evidence do you have to say the same thing about Fowler?

I don't like the cut of his jib, & looks is certainly part of the package. Its ok if you like him. No big deal. Really.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:51 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Yeah but that would mean there should be reports he's being a jerk to people in private. If there are why don't these guys say so? Why protect him if they dislike him so much?

These guys are living pretty good lives. There is no real reason to battle publicly.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:52 am 

I have heard many off the record comments saying that Rory Sabbatini is the biggest D-bag on tour.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:02 am 

Chus wrote:
I have heard many off the record comments saying that Rory Sabbatini is the biggest D-bag on tour.

Im far from a huge golf fan but I seem to remember him having that rep we well. He was a huge Tiger detractor back in the day too, with no game to back up his words iirc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:04 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Chus wrote:

Im far from a huge golf fan but I seem to remember him having that rep we well. He was a huge Tiger detractor back in the day too, with no game to back up his words iirc.

After Jason Dufner won the PGA Championship, he was a guest on the Howard Stern Show. Stern asked Dufner which golfers he hated. He said that he got along with everybody, but a lot of guys hated Sabbatini.

Phil and Keegan Bradley are close friends. They play practice rounds together for big money.

I find it funny that Scorehead loves Phil and Sergio, the two guys that have had issues with Tiger.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Re; the Bubba Watson not liked/not backed up in a fight report..

I wonder if that has to do with him being very religious and perhaps pushing it on people? Not that there is anything wrong with that, but to me it seems like a guy would get a lot more respect in a professional locker room of any sport if he sat down and had a beer with the fellas after a round, rather than pray after a round. Of course, that is just my opinion.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:11 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Saw a report on this last week and maybe it is mentioned in an earlier page on this thread. Bubba admitted to voting for himself in the poll and explained that he has to be
a better man on and off the course. Good for him for being self aware at least.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more- ... -1.2177075

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:51 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Saw a report on this last week and maybe it is mentioned in an earlier page on this thread. Bubba admitted to voting for himself in the poll and explained that he has to be
a better man on and off the course. Good for him for being self aware at least.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more- ... -1.2177075

Pretty classy of him on Friday also being out there when Crenshaw came off of the golf course.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:23 am 

Just registered for tickets this morning. Get out there and put your name in the hat kids. One of the best tickets in sports
and certainly a tough one to get. Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:25 am 

Sent in my request yesterday. I hope this is the year.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:28 am 

Do you just go thru the Masters website?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:31 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Yes.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:37 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Yes.

Done and thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next