It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
Holed out from 105 today for eagle which I hadn’t done for years. One par3 from 223 I put to 8 ft and made it and another par 3 from 252 to 2 ft and made birdie on both. 73 which was a good score but missed a bunch of putts. Happy Father’s Day to all.

Nice!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Playing yesterday and today in various conditions I have become reacquainted with my M2 AW. Man I was making shots. Sometimes you wonder why complicate things.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
T-Bone wrote:
Holed out from 105 today for eagle which I hadn’t done for years. One par3 from 223 I put to 8 ft and made it and another par 3 from 252 to 2 ft and made birdie on both. 73 which was a good score but missed a bunch of putts. Happy Father’s Day to all.

Impressive. I went to top golf and had some shitty nachos, but I’m basically in the same headspace.

Nice round!

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Shot a 108 at the Arboretum in BG. T-bone, I am not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Played Saturday morning for the first time in two weeks. Consistently inconsistent. Started bogey, par, double, then drove a ~290 yard par 4 and two putted for bird. Followed that with a three putt bogey, and a couple of big numbers, but finished with a solid 45 on the front. Continued to be good bad on the back as I closed with the following; par, a ten on a par 5, par, a six on a par 3, par, par. Shot a 53 on the back, but with three triples and a 10 on the day, I was happy to shoot double digits. #18 is a 385 yard par 4, pretty straight away, and I absolutely crushed a drive and was only 70 yards out for my second. Bombed a similar drive on #10. Went SW, putt, putt on both.

Considering how dry it had been, Coyote Run was in very good shape. Sometimes their greens can get beat up because of the amount of play they get, but this was not the case on Saturday. Teed off a few minutes ahead of our 6:32am tee time, which was great because we were done in less than 4 hours and it got quite steamy later on. The Half Acre Vallejo IPA enjoyed at the 19th hole was positively delicious.

Probably won't able to play at all next weekend, but hoping to get out for another sunrise round on July 3.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
redskingreg wrote:
Shot a 108 at the Arboretum in BG. T-bone, I am not.

How is that course? I haven't played there since the early 90s when I was in high school. I drove by it a few months ago and was the first time I had thought of the place in years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Has Titleist been having quality issues of late? Last summer I treated myself to some new ap3 irons, a 3 hybrid and their staff-styled stand bag, and while the irons have held up, the hybrid just last week developed a small crack in the shaft just above the hosel that has completely deadened the club (no throwing or slamming on my part) and I just dropped the bag off to repair a zipper on the second largest compartment and to replace the rivets that guided the shoulder strap into the bag which had begun to separate from the bag itself and got caught up on and put holes in two of my nicer golf shirts. I'm now without upwards of $600 worth of equipment not even a full year into owning them.

I'll be looking at TaylorMade for clubs from now on I suppose and Vessel for my next bag.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:20 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Has Titleist been having quality issues of late? Last summer I treated myself to some new ap3 irons, a 3 hybrid and their staff-styled stand bag, and while the irons have held up, the hybrid just last week developed a small crack in the shaft just above the hosel that has completely deadened the club (no throwing or slamming on my part) and I just dropped the bag off to repair a zipper on the second largest compartment and to replace the rivets that guided the shoulder strap into the bag which had begun to separate from the bag itself and got caught up on and put holes in two of my nicer golf shirts. I'm now without upwards of $600 worth of equipment not even a full year into owning them.

I'll be looking at TaylorMade for clubs from now on I suppose and Vessel for my next bag.

When I got fitted for my new driver about a month ago the guy said Titleist had gone away from what they do best the past couple years chasing speed. He said last year they got back to doing what they did best. Not sure if that has anything to do with the quality of the equipment, but thought it was an interesting statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:39 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

I follow a number of companies and groups pertaining to golf on social media. I haven't seen a wide spread case of defective Titleist gear but being that they probably sell the most with regards to the industry leaders, this type of stuff is bound to happen sometimes. Shafts specifically can be finicky. Just putting them in the car a funny way can mess them up sometimes. I used to have to contort my bag pretty good to get it in my trunk. Definitely frustrating. I have a carry and cart bag from Titleist and have had nothing but luck with both, they usually make great stuff but you are right that there are many other options to turn to now a days. The club company that seems to have the most quality issues from what I see is Mizuno the last few years. Chrome flaking off and finishing issues. I'm not sure if that is because some of the Mizuno fans border on obsessive about their stuff but the pics I have seen don't lie. Again I have two sets of their clubs, one I have had for almost 20 years and the other set for about 4 years now and had nothing but great luck and success with them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:19 am 
100000 CLUB

This weekend's weather does not appear to be very conducive for golf :?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:00 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

No it isn't looking great. I don't mind a little rain but lightning is a definite no no. Even if one were to get out this weekend it might be pretty soggy. I'm just going to be checking Friday and
Saturday evenings hoping for a gap of playable weather between 6-9am.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:07 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don't think either days are complete wash outs though. (hopefully)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:37 am 
100000 CLUB

Saturday twilight rounds might be possible, but the amount of rain areas might get could make courses unplayable. Sunday early is supposed to be dry, but we could get storms later on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:27 am 

Radar I saw this morning indicated I would be playing both mornings. I will be checking again tonight since forecasting is not too great. Plugged balls and standing water likely but I will still play.
I am sure it will be cart paths only but I walk so no worries for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:46 pm 

Got 18 in this morning with light sprinkles last two holes. We have 3 guys now since our other guy passed away. They ride and I walk. Finished in 2:40 today. Nice to be done golfing before 8:45

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Gotta love 2:40 ! Only way to fly. Talked to a co-worker who plays in a 9 hole league after work. He said it took them almost 4 hours. I would have left.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
2nd day of a couples weekend in the books. So far so good. Major announcement is I am not injured.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:16 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Gotta love 2:40 ! Only way to fly. Talked to a co-worker who plays in a 9 hole league after work. He said it took them almost 4 hours. I would have left.

One of the guys in our group has a Wednesday night league. He regularly talks of 3 he plus rounds for 9 and the course is like 3000 yds on each 9. I couldn’t do it. I very rarely play unless I’m first off in the morning. Toughest part is keeping up with my guys. I am a fast walker but it takes some getting used to trying to control my breathing during the swing and on the greens. When it’s hot and humid I’m huffing and puffing pretty good. Today I’m playing the 7000yd course and it will be wet. Fortunately it should be dart path only so hat will save me a bit. I think we have 4 today but I guarantee we will be done in 3 hrs or just over it.

Hitting the ball as well as I ever have but the putting is letting me down. 73 with three 3 putts yesterday. I’m back to putter #1 and giving it another day. I really don’t want to have to go to putter #3 :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:29 am 

Anyone else getting out over the holiday weekend? Against my better judgement I am going to play 4 days in a row starting tomorrow morning. After 3 days my back, legs and feet are really feeling it but I have missed out on some rounds due to travel so I would like to try to make some of that up. No way I am going to be able to hit 100 rounds like I hoped but 75 definitely seems doable if things go my way. I will be halfway there after Monday.

Loosened my putting grip a bit and really improved my feel and reduced 3 putts last time out. Weather should be really good although looking pretty sticky Sunday and Monday. Thank goodness I will be done early before it gets too horrible.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:33 am 
100000 CLUB

Sunrise round at Inwood Saturday morning. Gonna play the rest of the weekend by ear. No real plans other than possibly to get out for 9 holes if time permits. Should be perfect early on Saturday, and even Sun and Mon will be warm but not opressive.

Hope your back holds up with four days in a row. Any chance you might ride that 3rd or 4th round to save your legs a bit?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:39 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Sunrise round at Inwood Saturday morning. Gonna play the rest of the weekend by ear. No real plans other than possibly to get out for 9 holes if time permits. Should be perfect early on Saturday, and even Sun and Mon will be warm but not opressive.

Hope your back holds up with four days in a row. Any chance you might ride that 3rd or 4th round to save your legs a bit?

No I don't think I will ride. I need the exercise. I got my update from the doctor yesterday and my cholesterol and blood sugar were both on the high side but nothing that can't be fixed with a
better diet and exercise so I'll just get my steps and try to stay hydrated. It isn't so painful when I am playing, but getting up at 4am and starting to stretch before going to the course and afterwards
are usually the worst parts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:18 am 

Playing at Whispering Springs in Fond du Lac on Monday morning.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:52 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Have fun! I should try to meet up with you sometime to play. It has been a long time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:53 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Have fun! I should try to meet up with you sometime to play. It has been a long time.

Let's do it, I don't play much anymore but would be awesome to see you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:54 am 
100000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Ahem.

I know you guys are in Canada but I'm sure we could find a course that is a reasonable distance for us, maybe near Ohare or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:44 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Ahem.

I know you guys are in Canada but I'm sure we could find a course that is a reasonable distance for us, maybe near Ohare or something.

Need a fourth?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:00 pm 

I would be open to a meet up. Hawg would need to travel the furthest so it is totally up to him. If he doesn't want to come down to IL I know Furious might be in.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:15 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
I would be open to a meet up. Hawg would need to travel the furthest so it is totally up to him. If he doesn't want to come down to IL I know Furious might be in.

Have done it before and would do it again to play golf with you fools. Meet up with T-bone somewhere and head down from there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Hawg Ass wrote:

I'd like another shot at that course one of these days. Played poorly when we were there. And that place can punish you with those damn whispering springs running through the entire course.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:24 pm 

shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I'd like another shot at that course one of these days. Played poorly when we were there. And that place can punish you with those damn whispering springs running through the entire course.

First go at it this year, always enjoy playing the course and it is usually in very good shape.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next