It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I thought shakes always was talking up Ravisloe. Tempting to try to meet you down there but it is a haul from WI.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ravisloe is a very cool, old school course. It used to be private so it still has that secluded feel to it. The course not overly long, and while it is challenging, there is not much water and there are only a few holes that are really tight so you can afford to spray the ball around a little bit. I don't think its worth the $80 pricetag that you would pay on a Saturday or Sunday morning, but its definitely worth the trip if you can play on a weekday or maybe on a discounted afternoon/twilight rate.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Got a Fujikura Fuel 70 Patriot shaft for my 12-degree [adjusted 2 degrees down] R15, and it has definitely helped me generate more consistent contact while not having the ball balloon up into the air.

Still though I can't help but think I'm leaving yards on the table with the CG point of the R15, which when coupled with TM's shoddy tolerances at the time (they got much better in 2017 according to MyGolfSpy) results in launching the ball high into the air with more spin than I'd like.

As such, I'm trying real hard to not pull the trigger on an M4 or M3, the latter's adjustability may "future proof" my swing as I get stronger and take some lessons.

You'll go crazy trying to do this yourself. Get fitted by the professionals.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Franky T wrote:
Got a Fujikura Fuel 70 Patriot shaft for my 12-degree [adjusted 2 degrees down] R15, and it has definitely helped me generate more consistent contact while not having the ball balloon up into the air.

Still though I can't help but think I'm leaving yards on the table with the CG point of the R15, which when coupled with TM's shoddy tolerances at the time (they got much better in 2017 according to MyGolfSpy) results in launching the ball high into the air with more spin than I'd like.

As such, I'm trying real hard to not pull the trigger on an M4 or M3, the latter's adjustability may "future proof" my swing as I get stronger and take some lessons.

Awww, but I want my gratification noooowwww.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
T-Bone wrote:
I thought shakes always was talking up Ravisloe. Tempting to try to meet you down there but it is a haul from WI.

No worries. That's what Thunderhawk, Shepherd's Crook and Stonewall Orchard are for. Haven't played those courses for a while now.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:50 am 

Franky T wrote:

Awww, but I want my gratification noooowwww.

I think what Franky is saying is that you will have your gratification sooner with some help rather than rolling the dice on your own.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:51 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

No worries. That's what Thunderhawk, Shepherd's Crook and Stonewall Orchard are for. Haven't played those courses for a while now.

We have some pretty good tracks up here. I'd toss Pine Meadow and Steeple Chase in there as well, maybe even Bonnie Brook as an old school track.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:27 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Trying to get out this weekend if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:

\

Ravisloe is a great course, one of the 10 best public in Illinois probably. It's also the only public Donald Ross course you can play in Illinois. He did the re-design.

I believe they had a pretty big renovation in the off season and made some changes/improvements to the course.

Course is not long, but plays longer since it's not a par 72. Like all Ross courses it is dotted with pot bunkers in all sorts of places and had elevated greens that run really nice and fast.

I'll disagree with Frank about the price. It's definitely worth $80 full fare, especially when you factor in the prices of the competing courses in the State.

Nice range and practice area as well. And it's a nice walking course for Tbone.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

I agree about the practice area. Standard range, but a great short game area and two practice greens. Also, shakes is correct in that it is a very walkable course.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:43 pm 

I plan on hitting Ravisloe up on a Friday.

Ugie: I'm planning to play Saturday afternoon and Sunday anytime. Let's discuss.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:38 pm 

Forgot to mention about Ravisloe. They're signature holes are the par 3s. They have some ridiculously hard and long par 3s. At least 3 over 180 yards if I recall correctly and the one that is 130 has a really tiny green loaded with pot bunkers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:03 am 

First shipment from Golf Locker on its way. Highly recommend this program for anyone that wears a lot of golf attire but doesn't
enjoy shopping for stuff yourself. I wear collared shirts and khakis to work pretty much everyday so it is a good program for me.
You set up how much you want to spend each month and making returns of anything you don't like is as easy as putting it back in
the box and putting a label on it and they credit you back as soon as it is received back. You get to choose the brands and types of
clothing you want and someone picks the stuff out for you based on what you clicked and the type of fit you want.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:07 am 

T-Bone wrote:
First shipment from Golf Locker on its way. Highly recommend this program for anyone that wears a lot of golf attire but doesn't
enjoy shopping for stuff yourself. I wear collared shirts and khakis to work pretty much everyday so it is a good program for me.
You set up how much you want to spend each month and making returns of anything you don't like is as easy as putting it back in
the box and putting a label on it and they credit you back as soon as it is received back. You get to choose the brands and types of
clothing you want and someone picks the stuff out for you based on what you clicked and the type of fit you want.

I prefer to wait for my buddies in the beer and liquor industry to send me free shirts. I was Team Heineken for a while, but now I'm firmly on Team Yuengling.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:07 am 

Had to wait for frost both days. Yesterday was an hour delay after a pretty hard freeze. Hopefully that's the end of all that until
October. Weather looks nice this week but I will be in the office. Hopefully some of you guys will be able to get out and enjoy the
70 degree temps.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:23 am 
100000 CLUB

Walked a short 9 hole (Par 35) muni track on Saturday. I didn't intend to golf as the forecast kinda scared me, but I finished my yard work early and the temps were not bad at all. Nobody behind me, but there was an incredibly slow 4 some two holes ahead of me. So I took my time and played two balls the entire time. 40-48, with a triple and a double on the second ball and a three-putt par on a short par 5 on the first ball. Greens were aerated recently which affecting the putting just a little bit, not terrible though. Really concentrated on taking a smooth, in control swing and I struck the ball very well. Only topped one iron shot, and while I pushed a few drives to the right, every one of them got up in the air which I was happy about.

An afternoon well spent, and more than worth the $11 it cost. I was glad I got out because with Sox tickets on Friday, and family stuff over the weekend, I probably wont be able to get out again until mid-May.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:10 pm 

Looks like some much needed rain is on the way. An all day soaking followed by some sunshine will really help the courses round into form.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:32 pm 

My new putter grip was in my stolen messenger bag. :(

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Finally made it out for 9 holes at Flagg Creek. Course was in great condition. Lost two balls on the first two holes. Nobody was behind me so I even had plenty of time to cue up the Yakety Sax and look for them too. May have hit one of them onto Joliet Rd. Didnt hear any glass break, so that is ok for me.

Did really well pitching and putting. Hitting a lot of shots left. Not a draw or hook, just dead straight to the left. Literally lost a half dozen balls since i was too lazy and stupid to find them. Having trouble tracking the ball since i am keeping my head down completing the follow thru. Posted a 50 even with 2 pars on the card. OUCH!!

The future father in law is taking some of the guys to Old Collier Golf Course in Naples FL after my wedding in a few weeks. Have to get my game in form by then.
No pressure right?? Looking to get a few rounds in before heading down to FLA.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:35 am 
100000 CLUB

Completely different animal chipping and putting on that grass in Florida. Make sure you give yourself plenty of warm-up time with your short game.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:51 am 

Shaping up to be a nice golf weekend. A little cooler on Sunday but I would have taken that weather all of last month.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:08 am 
100000 CLUB

Windy as hell this morning, but those winds should diminish by this afternoon. Playing hooky from work at lunch, and going to get in 9 holes before the Sox game tonite. Target score is <46

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:56 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Completely different animal chipping and putting on that grass in Florida. Make sure you give yourself plenty of warm-up time with your short game.

yep, the bermuda grass in Florida seems to grab the club. Need to be precise.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:03 am 
100000 CLUB

49 at Fountain Hills yesterday. Started off decent with a bogey and a par. Wheels fell off the next three holes with two doubles and a 9er on a short par 4 with two balls in the drink. Brutal. Finished up strong with two pars and two bogeys. One of the former was a three putt par as I hit a Par 5 in two. Greens were shaggy and terribly slow.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:53 pm 

86 at the home course Saturday after a triple-triple start. 80 today at a course in Rockford. Weather couldn't have been better this weekend.

Loving my new irons, my new driver not so much.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Furious Styles wrote:

That sucks. Anything else of value?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:40 am 

Franky T wrote:
86 at the home course Saturday after a triple-triple start. 80 today at a course in Rockford. Weather couldn't have been better this weekend.

What irons and driver again?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:46 am 

Beautiful weekend for golf and the courses I play at are coming in really nicely already. Started playing the Vice golf balls that I purchased
and overall I am quite happy with them. They don't feel quite as soft as the Pro V's and don't seem to spin quite as much but I think that
is helping take a little curvature off my ball and control it better. Had a really solid round on Saturday on the harder of the two tracks I
usually play. Sunday I started out with a triple and followed that up with a bogey. Fought and grinded back until I took a double on a 200
yard par 3 in which I hit a ball about 40 yds right of the green. After that I decided to throw caution to the wind and be a bit more aggressive.
Made a few birdies and was even par on the back until I got to #18. Hit the green in regulation but was 15 ft above the pin on a downhill side hill
putt. knocked it by 6 feet and on the come backer it went all the way around the hole and came back to me. Tapped in to finish 43-37. Really
would have been sweet to have broken 80 after that bad start.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:04 am 

45/41/86 at Mount Prospect yesterday.

First time playing there since the renovation - 4 new holes and new green complexes throughout. I putt much better on faster greens.

Peoria Matt wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

That sucks. Anything else of value?

Just my W-2s...

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:20 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:

What irons and driver again?

Ping G400 irons and M2 driver. Think I might check out the Ping G400 Max driver.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next