It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Hawg Ass wrote:
shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Playing at Whispering Springs in Fond du Lac on Monday morning.

I'd like another shot at that course one of these days. Played poorly when we were there. And that place can punish you with those damn whispering springs running through the entire course.

First go at it this year, always enjoy playing the course and it is usually in very good shape.

yea it's a very pretty course. Really like the view from the clubhouse putting green overlooking the rest of the course.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
What are you guys thinking? I’ve heard good things about Highlands of Elgin. Probably a bit more than an hour for Hawg and I from Brat Stop. Probably close to that for Franky T, maybe close for Costanza as well. I’m open to other suggestions. Just the first place that came to mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:48 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
What are you guys thinking? I’ve heard good things about Highlands of Elgin. Probably a bit more than an hour for Hawg and I from Brat Stop. Probably close to that for Franky T, maybe close for Costanza as well. I’m open to other suggestions. Just the first place that came to mind.

Just let me know when, the only weekend I know I am out is the July 16th thru the 19th weekend. We are headed to Cincinnati to watch the 1st place Brewers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:44 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Just let me know when, the only weekend I know I am out is the July 16th thru the 19th weekend. We are headed to Cincinnati to watch the 1st place Brewers.

Ok I’m out next weekend as I’m out of state and then I’m out 2nd weekend in August but open otherwise right now

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
July 24 and 31 works for me at this point.

I would do Elgin, but thats a ways west for me. Something closer to 294 would be better. What about https://www.deerfieldgolf.org/
I played here once with Furious about six years ago or so, and while I remember not playing very well, I do remember it being a pretty well kept course with quick greens.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:36 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
July 24 and 31 works for me at this point.

I would do Elgin, but thats a ways west for me. Something closer to 294 would be better. What about https://www.deerfieldgolf.org/
I played here once with Furious about six years ago or so, and while I remember not playing very well, I do remember it being a pretty well kept course with quick greens.

I am fairly certain either of those dates work for me. Where we play, doesn't matter. We need to just set a date (T-bone we need your thoughts), and then figure out who wants to play. Piglet might come down with me, he can't play but he can ride around and drink beer and smoke cigars.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:48 am 
100000 CLUB

Let's pencil in the 24th, and we can decide on the location later on. Maybe a tee time around 730/8 so that we can still be done fairly early and (hopefully) play quickly, but also not have to wake up at 4am to drive?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:51 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Let's pencil in the 24th, and we can decide on the location later on. Maybe a tee time around 730/8 so that we can still be done fairly early and (hopefully) play quickly, but also not have to wake up at 4am to drive?

If we tee off at 730/8, what time do you think I am going to have to wake up. :lol:

[size=50][/I will do it for the good of CFMBsize]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol: Sorry, I know you are in Canada but I don't know how Canadian you are.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:56 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: Sorry, I know you are in Canada but I don't know how Canadian you are.

Northwest of Milwaukee.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:58 am 

To be honest, around 8 would be perfect. And Saturday does work best for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I think the 24th would work, but let me double check. Schaumberg Golf Club is a good track if I remember too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:19 am 

Franky T wrote:
I think the 24th would work, but let me double check. Schaumberg Golf Club is a good track if I remember too.

I think we played this one at another golf outing. I’d be ok with this, not as far north as Deerfield I don’t think. Pretty centrally located. I could walk so Lil Hawg could ride with Big Hawg and keep the beer cold. 24th should work. Let me know if you want me to set it up or if someone else wants to snag a tee time. I’ll play whenever but before 9 would be ideal if there’s something open. Looks like a solid hour from Kenosha depending on traffic.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:34 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I think we played this one at another golf outing. I’d be ok with this, not as far north as Deerfield I don’t think. Pretty centrally located. I could walk so Lil Hawg could ride with Big Hawg and keep the beer cold. 24th should work. Let me know if you want me to set it up or if someone else wants to snag a tee time. I’ll play whenever but before 9 would be ideal if there’s something open. Looks like a solid hour from Kenosha depending on traffic.

Looks like we got a plan in motion, look forward to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:53 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Looks like we got a plan in motion, look forward to it.

I think all we need is Frank to confirm and then we can book it. I think it's about an hour for all of us.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:38 am 
100000 CLUB

Im in.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:15 am 

If no one has booked by tomorrow I can do it. A bit busy today and tomorrow morning. We can also move this to a PM string. I'm sure no one else cares we are doing this. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:32 am 

Strange 24 hours for me on the golf course. Yesterday we played with a former multiple time county champ and former golf pro out where we play. He is now a regional rep for PXG. I was a bit
off with my shots and had some bad luck not to mention I think playing tight going against someone so good. 46-40. Lost 3 balls on the front and one on the back. I played awful and it was a little
embarrassing honestly. I was determined to come back today and play better. I was hitting it well and was even through 7 and then three jacked it, missing the 2nd putt from about 2 feet. Made
the turn at 37. Birdied 10, lipped an 8 footer for birdie on 11 and then hit an awful shot on a really long par 3 into the woods and took a double. From there I birdied the next with a 15 foot putt from
the fringe, birdied the next with an 18ft putt, put it 8 inches away on the next par 3 for bird and then was on the fringe of the next par 5 in two and left my eagle putt 6 inches away. I haven't birdied
4 in a row or more in a number of years so I was ecstatic. I parred the last two and came in with a 33 for a total of 70. So close to breaking into the 60s which has been my goal for the last 5 years which was the last time I had done it out there. Anyway, I know this is coming off as a humble brag but it was just nice to finally put it together even though I had a few hiccups. One of the worst
round of the year to one of the best back to back is very odd.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:01 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
If no one has booked by tomorrow I can do it. A bit busy today and tomorrow morning. We can also move this to a PM string. I'm sure no one else cares we are doing this. :lol:

I looked today online. Don't think they are taking tee times that far in advance, but if you have time to call tomorrow please do.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:02 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Strange 24 hours for me on the golf course. Yesterday we played with a former multiple time county champ and former golf pro out where we play. He is now a regional rep for PXG. I was a bit
off with my shots and had some bad luck not to mention I think playing tight going against someone so good. 46-40. Lost 3 balls on the front and one on the back. I played awful and it was a little
embarrassing honestly. I was determined to come back today and play better. I was hitting it well and was even through 7 and then three jacked it, missing the 2nd putt from about 2 feet. Made
the turn at 37. Birdied 10, lipped an 8 footer for birdie on 11 and then hit an awful shot on a really long par 3 into the woods and took a double. From there I birdied the next with a 15 foot putt from
the fringe, birdied the next with an 18ft putt, put it 8 inches away on the next par 3 for bird and then was on the fringe of the next par 5 in two and left my eagle putt 6 inches away. I haven't birdied
4 in a row or more in a number of years so I was ecstatic. I parred the last two and came in with a 33 for a total of 70. So close to breaking into the 60s which has been my goal for the last 5 years which was the last time I had done it out there. Anyway, I know this is coming off as a humble brag but it was just nice to finally put it together even though I had a few hiccups. One of the worst

Nice round today!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:27 am 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I looked today online. Don't think they are taking tee times that far in advance, but if you have time to call tomorrow please do.

I looked online and noticed the same. I’ll call today. Some places only do two weeks in advance. They do 30 days at my course.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
T-Bone wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:56 am 

Shot 85 yesterday at Whispering Springs from the Blue Tees about 6500 yards. The wind was definitely up, but I made too many mistakes. 2 doubles, a triple, and 3 3 putts.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:19 am 

I'll call this afternoon after my last Zoom call to see what the deal is at Schaumburg GC.

78 yesterday. Made a bad double, two 3 putts. In fact my putting left me completely from the day before, 35 putts on the day is not good at all for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:45 am 

Schaumburg only takes tee times 7 days in advance. I am fine with still trying to get a tee time there but will need to put a reminder on my calendar for the 17th. Let me know if this works for you
guys or if we should chose another venue.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:50 am 
100000 CLUB

I shot a 96 on Saturday as we played very early to beat the heat. The first 11 holes went quite well; shot 43 on the front with four pars, bogeyed #10, par #11. Then it was like I forgot how to play, and I think the lowest number on my card the rest of the way in was a 6. It was pretty frustrating to hit the ball so well early on to having the wheels completely fall off over the final 6-7 holes. The only thing I did well over the final few holes was putt. I only had one 3-putt on the day, and that was from about 60' on the first hole so that didn't even bother me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:02 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Schaumburg only takes tee times 7 days in advance. I am fine with still trying to get a tee time there but will need to put a reminder on my calendar for the 17th. Let me know if this works for you

It is fine with me, I don't know any of the courses down there. Just a word of warning, I don't play golf in the rain. So if rain is in the forecast that day, I am out. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:15 am 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:58 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

It is fine with me, I don't know any of the courses down there. Just a word of warning, I don't play golf in the rain. So if rain is in the forecast that day, I am out. :lol:

I don't either :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:06 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I am the pig standing outside of the water.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next