It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I have plans the 24th and 31st so, I would not be available.

I posted this on the FB chat, but here it is again for those not on the FB chat.

So, Turtle Bay was beautiful. I was wacking drives out to about 250-260 which was a new experience. Had great 2nd shots. Good 3rd approaches in but usually short of the green, had one par4..which never happens. Greens were SUPER FAST and took half the round to figure out..but they didn't break at all. Had a few 8 footers to save bog or dblbog. Hawaii grass is interlaced like basket weaving so it was confusing. Beautiful views. Very expensive, but a one In a lifetime. Played the Palmer course...about $550 total for the two of us, with a 1:30pm tee time. But fuck it..was my bday. 109.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:27 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
I have plans the 24th and 31st so, I would not be available.

I posted this on the FB chat, but here it is again for those not on the FB chat.

So, Turtle Bay was beautiful. I was wacking drives out to about 250-260 which was a new experience. Had great 2nd shots. Good 3rd approaches in but usually short of the green, had one par4..which never happens. Greens were SUPER FAST and took half the round to figure out..but they didn't break at all. Had a few 8 footers to save bog or dblbog. Hawaii grass is interlaced like basket weaving so it was confusing. Beautiful views. Very expensive, but a one In a lifetime. Played the Palmer course...about $550 total for the two of us, with a 1:30pm tee time. But fuck it..was my bday. 109.

:thumleft:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Schaumburg only takes tee times 7 days in advance. I am fine with still trying to get a tee time there but will need to put a reminder on my calendar for the 17th. Let me know if this works for you
guys or if we should chose another venue.

It is fine with me, I don't know any of the courses down there. Just a word of warning, I don't play golf in the rain. So if rain is in the forecast that day, I am out. :lol:

Ok good to know. I'll keep the forecast in mind. If anyone else wants to try to form up another foursome and play out there we can try to coordinate it. Let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:43 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Schaumburg only takes tee times 7 days in advance. I am fine with still trying to get a tee time there but will need to put a reminder on my calendar for the 17th. Let me know if this works for you
guys or if we should chose another venue.

It is fine with me, I don't know any of the courses down there. Just a word of warning, I don't play golf in the rain. So if rain is in the forecast that day, I am out. :lol:

Makes more sense that you are a Packer fan.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:33 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Im in.
So turns out Im not.

My wife's great aunt passed in May 2020, and there is a memorial mass and lunch for that day. Sorry gents.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:46 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Im in.
So turns out Im not.

My wife's great aunt passed in May 2020, and there is a memorial mass and lunch for that day. Sorry gents.

I think I am going to have to bow out as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:57 am 
100000 CLUB

I don't have to go to the service, but my wife would rather not take the little guy with her and I understand that. I'm going to try and find a sitter, but I haven't had much luck. I just don't want to fully commit then have to back out last minute. I do have the afternoon & evening free (she should be home by noon, early mass then a brunch), but it seems like if we're going to meet up for a CFMB group, more people prefer a morning round.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:24 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I don't have to go to the service, but my wife would rather not take the little guy with her and I understand that. I'm going to try and find a sitter, but I haven't had much luck. I just don't want to fully commit then have to back out last minute. I do have the afternoon & evening free (she should be home by noon, early mass then a brunch), but it seems like if we're going to meet up for a CFMB group, more people prefer a morning round.

No worries Frank. Maybe something will formulate another time. My schedule is starting to get busy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:40 am 
100000 CLUB

Me too. Definitely less time for golf here these next few weeks overall. I'll probably try and get out on the 24th regardless even if its 9 holes in the afternoon. That might be the next chance I get to play anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:28 am 

Booooooo

But I totally understand.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:20 pm 

Had a couple things fall off my calendar and got out this morning. Hit 13 greens and had 36 putts including 4 three jacks. Putter #3 is now in play. After making everything I looked at in one round a few weeks ago I can’t make anything. Missed 7 putts inside 4 feet today, now I’m going to the old skool Bullseye and get back to basics. It’s not a long term answer but I like to use it as a reset. Probably dumb but I’m a headcase and in my mind it makes sense. Getting out tomorrow at 5:30.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:05 am 

looking like beautiful weather up here this weekend, hopefully a little less humidity. one thing I noticed lately is the bugs are a bit more pesky so hopefully they don't get too bad as it has been an enjoyable summer for the most part. one of the benefits of a dry spring and early summer. hoping some of you guys get out. Hard to believe it is mid-July already.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:05 am 

Edit - double post.

I did bring the Bullseye and put it in the bag Wednesday with the other putter. Decided to keep the regular stick in after it got the idea that it was on the chopping block and had no 3 putts. Came up
with a different pre shot routine which seemed to help

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:59 am 

Beautiful weekend for golf. Game has come back to earth and back to shooting in the high 70s after a nice stretch of very good play. Took a triple on an easy par 3 on the front yesterday and
made the turn at 40. Really focused and got it to -2 on the back nine going into 18. Pushed driver into some trees and hit two trees trying to get out carding a double on the last. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Who wants to fill out a foursome for JORRs event? I have Frank potentially committed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Shot a 77 on Tuesday with 3 three-putts and a triple. Had a stretch of 4 birdies in 6 holes. Was even through 12. I could have gone low. :x

Won our flight in the member-guest at my club last weekend to make the shootout. We play five 9-hole matches and were 2.5 back going into the final match playing against the team in first. We smoked them 6 and 3 to win. We got bounced on the second hole in the shootout when my partner missed a short putt. Don Beebe was a guest in our flight so I got a chance to play 9 holes with a Super Bowl Champion. He was a good guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Were u at the KCBA event today?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:32 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Were u at the KCBA event today?

No. Did you play?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

Damn, thats a hot stretch Franky.

There is definitely some pressure when you know you have the chance to go low. In 2013, I finished -1 on the front 9 at Coyote Run, then proceed to get a double and a triple on the back, along with two short missed putts that put me at an even 80 for the round instead of upper 70s.

Hoping to play Saturday afternoon if the storms stay away. Gonna be pretty sticky so I'll be riding.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:02 am 

Have a 8:09 tee time Sunday morning.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

I played Saturday and it was like playing in a swamp. Incredibly humid. I hit my irons decent enough, and only had one three putt over 20 holes, but I just could not hit my driver. I topped nearly every one. Tough to score well when your tee shot is just in front of the forward tee or barely makes the fairway. Sometimes I have a tendency to sway and not 'turn' with the big stick, and I think that is was going on. I wish I knew how to fix it though :( . As said my irons was decent enough overall and my short game was really good that I managed to stay in double digits with a 99 thru 18 (shot 107 total).

There was a small outing in the middle of the day which totally jacked the place up. I was playing alone luckily, so I was able to jump around a little bit and repeated a few holes but at least I wasn't waiting around. On two different tee boxes, I saw 8 people on the same tee. They weren't playing as an 8some, but they were bullshitting around not caring about moving along. If I were part of a group and couldn't hop around, I would have been pretty pissed off. Course was in really nice shape. Greens were super quick.

Rained hard for about two minutes and drizzled on and off a couple times. One on of the par 5s, I hit my tee shot, put my rain gear on, and by the time I got to the green the rain gear was off and I had my sunglasses back on.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:14 am 

Got out yesterday. Had to chip out sideways on the first hole and proceeded to take a double. I lost 3 balls over the next 5 holes and made the turn at 43. Depending on the day I would
find that pretty deflating but I was determined to hang in there and grind it out. I managed to shoot 36 on the back and could have easily been a few strokes better but pulled out a 79 so
overall was pretty happy about that. I have 43 rounds in so far and I am playing my best golf in 25 years. Handicap is easiest the lowest it's ever been since I have kept track of it.
Slightly ahead of last years pace for rounds. Right now I think best case scenario would give me 75. I believe that is about as good as I can do all things considered. We will see if I get there
or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:49 am 

Shot 80 yesterday at Hartford Golf Club, I continue to play Par 5's just terrible. Also dumb mistakes like missing a green with a wedge and making bogey.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:15 am 

Shot 36 on the front yesterday and on ten I hit a tree off the tee and the ball came back at me. Started with a double on ten. I was still only two over until I got to 15. Pulled two out of bounds on a 600 yard par 5 and put a 9 on the card. I was able to birdie 17 coming in for a 77. Playing next two mornings so hopefully I can stay away from the big numbers. Couldn’t ask for better weather

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:30 am 

I now have six consecutive rounds in the 70's. Really playing well (knock on wood).

I went to a Sycamore based club manufacturer called Sub 70. I got fit for these bad boys https://www.golfsub70.com/sub-70-699-iron.html

The owner said business is exploding. They just built a set of irons for Harold Varner III. We'll see if they end up in his bag.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:40 pm 

Franky T wrote:
I now have six consecutive rounds in the 70's. Really playing well (knock on wood).

I went to a Sycamore based club manufacturer called Sub 70. I got fit for these bad boys https://www.golfsub70.com/sub-70-699-iron.html

The owner said business is exploding. They just built a set of irons for Harold Varner III. We'll see if they end up in his bag.

Nice looking sticks, hope they work for you. What shafts did you put on them? Getting fit is the way to go for sure. I work with an engineer that bought some earlier this year. I think it’s great that these guys are making inroads into the golf industry. Curious where they make the club heads. I was talking to one of the guys in my regular group and his buddy just bought a set of PXGs for $5000. That’s insane. From what I can tell they make ok clubs but it’s all marketing and hype.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:39 am 

Shot 79 yesterday at Hawthorne Hills, had 3 3 putts and didn't make a birdie. The wind was blowing pretty good yesterday, so overall it was a good day.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:55 am 

Interesting. I played at Hawthorne Woods. It was a scramble. I really prefer that format at this point in my career.

Stuck two par 3's within 5 feet of the hole. One offered free tuition for a hole in one. The ball hit the front of the green and was following a perfect line to the hole. I swear the administrator assigned to monitor was praying in the background as it rolled and stopped just short.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:57 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Interesting. I played at Hawthorne Woods. It was a scramble. I really prefer that format at this point in my career.

Stuck two par 3's within 5 feet of the hole. One offered free tuition for a hole in one. The ball hit the front of the green and was following a perfect line to the hole. I swear the administrator assigned to monitor was praying in the background as it rolled and stopped just short.

I was unaware GD played golf, congrats on the shots.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:50 am 

I'm not good but I occasionally have some good shots.

I only kind of like golf. I'll probably play more as my obligations on weekends become more limited

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next