It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Franky T wrote:
I went to an indoor place yesterday. Yikes. I need to go back. Not good.

Just not hitting it flush? Took me a while to warm up before playing. I need to go back and hit through the bag for 30 minutes. I hit a lot of hybrids yesterday as the course was longer than I thought it would play. Didn’t get any feel for how the new 5 hybrid felt. Only hit one shot with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:
I went to an indoor place yesterday. Yikes. I need to go back. Not good.

Just not hitting it flush? Took me a while to warm up before playing. I need to go back and hit through the bag for 30 minutes. I hit a lot of hybrids yesterday as the course was longer than I thought it would play. Didn’t get any feel for how the new 5 hybrid felt. Only hit one shot with it.

Driver and hybrids were fine. Irons, not so much. I'm pretty sure I know what I was doing wrong. Need to go back and just hit irons for about 30 minutes to get the feel back of what I am supposed to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:24 am 

Have 2 hours of virtual time scheduled on Saturday morning. Buddy is coming up and with the auto putting feature we should be able to clock in 36 holes with relative ease. I need to figure out what courses they have ahead of time and see if we can decide on what will be played. I think they have one of the Bandon Dunes courses so I would vote for that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:51 pm 

Played a course in Hawaii that my buddy wanted to play. He still swings in over 120mph. Played from 7300 yards. I ended up shooting an 83 which wasn’t horrible after a 45 on the front. I just can’t hit the driver like I used to. 270 max is about all I can push it out there while my friend was regularly over 300. Second course we played was Pacific Dunes out in abandon. Only 6600 yards and more accuracy was needed. Two over 73 was much better. Just didn’t hit the ball as crisp as I’d like but understandable. I was sick a good part of the week and wasn’t able to hit the gym after Monday. I’m going back tomorrow and it’s clear I need to work on strength and flexibility more than ever, my swing speed is ok but don’t think it got over 110.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:57 am 

These aren't technically new as Cam Smith has had them in the bag for a few years but word on a few other message boards is that these will be releasing for sale to the public sometime this spring. I've had the same irons for 7 years now. Still like them a lot and would likely take them to my mother's place in NC and then sell my Mizuno MP-33s. Really tempting to pull the trigger on a set of these from 5-PW.

https://www.golfwrx.com/656226/golfwrx- ... ck-finish/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The high down here tomorrow is supposed to be 66 - the only day it is supposed to break 60 for the next two weeks without rain, so I dug out my 7 iron and a new golf glove and threw them in the trunk. I haven't touched a club for 15 months, so I'm just going to hit 20-30 shots between a full swing and a long pitch.

There is a gimmicky Top Golf knock off in Raleigh near NC State. But they have Trackman, which I've never used before. So we may head over there when one of my cousins visits me at the end of the month, and I can find how how incredibly slow my swing speed is these days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:34 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
The high down here tomorrow is supposed to be 66 - the only day it is supposed to break 60 for the next two weeks without rain, so I dug out my 7 iron and a new golf glove and threw them in the trunk. I haven't touched a club for 15 months, so I'm just going to hit 20-30 shots between a full swing and a long pitch.

There is a gimmicky Top Golf knock off in Raleigh near NC State. But they have Trackman, which I've never used before. So we may head over there when one of my cousins visits me at the end of the month, and I can find how how incredibly slow my swing speed is these days.

Chet how did you chip and pitch session go? Been out more than once?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:39 am 

https://www.titleist.com/t-series-black ... T1tzzkrruc

Well it is the PGA Show this week down in FL and most of the major manufacturers are showing off all the new stuff for this season. They made the announcement on those clubs I was interested in. Just not sure if I should pull the trigger or not. The clubs I have are 7 years old now. If I can get some new sticks that will take me into my mid-50s that would be nice. Biggest concern would be how that black finish would hold up. They have a new process that they say will stay black better. I'll probably call down to PGA Superstore today and find out if I could get fit on the chrome clubs, they could log my info and then place the pre-order when they open for sale. Only if the fitting would go towards the final bill though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:40 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

Chet how did you chip and pitch session go? Been out more than once?

Sadly I wasn't able to go last week as it rained earlier than the forecast. Will try again this Monday and Tuesday.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:22 am 

Pulled the trigger on the regular chrome T100 irons and the savings allowed me to buy a new carry bag for hopefully more bucket list courses the next 10 years. The more I Thought about it the black irons were maybe too flashy for me and I wasn’t going to be able to get the shafts I wanted in black. They are claiming a 2 week build time so hopefully by mid February I’ll be going to the virtual cage with them. Very thankful and excited to have them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Going to Scottsdale in May for the 10 year reunion of my Maccabi Games gold medal winning over 40 Team USA hockey team. Maybe as many as 15 out of the 21 players and coach are gonna make it.

Bringing the clubs and gonna get in a couple rounds. Prices are dirt cheap that time of year. At least 50% off the in season green fees. The top two public courses in the area usually cost over $300 and they are less than $150 that weekend. Quintero and Wa-Pe-Ko or whatever it is called.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:23 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nice. I hope your back holds up.

I've been getting the itch to swing but I hate the domes and am not a bigfan of the simulators. Hopefully in 10-14 days the temps will moderate just enough to get out to a regular driving range with heated bays.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:13 pm 

A gorgeous afternoon today, 64 degrees at 4pm. I managed to swing a club for the first time since October 2021. Nothing spectacular, just 15 three-quarter 7s off the mat alternating three at a time with 15 3woods off the tee on the mat. Finished up by long chipping a bunch of balls with the 7 even though I usually use an old blade 8 for that.

It felt good to get out there, and I felt like I could shoot 115 off of 5600 yard level senior tees today without driver. ( Goal is to get to the 96-98 range by the year.). I'm limited to the range for another few weeks but hope to get to at least a par3 course in early March.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:14 am 

The new clubs arrived yesterday and the new carry bag arrived earlier in the week. I haven’t been this excited about a season for a while. New irons and hybrid in the bag will be big. Booked a few hours of virtual next weekend for 36 with my buddy. Tony Romos dad owns a nice range in Racine with heaters so might get up there sometime soon as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Joynt, Milan IL
T-Bone wrote:
The new clubs arrived yesterday and the new carry bag arrived earlier in the week. I haven’t been this excited about a season for a while. New irons and hybrid in the bag will be big. Booked a few hours of virtual next weekend for 36 with my buddy. Tony Romos dad owns a nice range in Racine with heaters so might get up there sometime soon as well.

What shafts did you get in your T100’s? I was thinking my bag was set for 2023 but I found a great deal on some Apex MBs in my specs with the same shafts as my Apex Pro 19s so I’m going to do a split set of 4-6 in the Apex Pros and 7-A wedge in the blades.

I’m probably set on driver with my Epic Speed from two seasons ago. Bought the Rogue LS and hated it. Might trade that in if Callaway does their bonus trade in on the Paradym.

Warmer weather will be here before you know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:05 am 

QuadCityDope wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

What shafts did you get in your T100’s? I was thinking my bag was set for 2023 but I found a great deal on some Apex MBs in my specs with the same shafts as my Apex Pro 19s so I’m going to do a split set of 4-6 in the Apex Pros and 7-A wedge in the blades.

I’m probably set on driver with my Epic Speed from two seasons ago. Bought the Rogue LS and hated it. Might trade that in if Callaway does their bonus trade in on the Paradym.

Warmer weather will be here before you know.

I got the KBS C-Taper 120 shafts ( stiff ). Might have been one of the reasons they showed up so quickly. I heard from some other folks it took them well over a month or more to get theirs. Main reason why I didn't get fit for them since I was keeping it similar. Looks like these might have half an inch longer than the last set I did get fit for. The heads are slightly smaller and the top line thinner than the Mizuno's but believe they will get figured out pretty quickly. Got the mid-size grips so they are ready to start firing. Might try to get to an outside range this week about 25 minutes away otherwise I booked 2 hours of virtual time next weekend to play 36 with a buddy.

The Apex are nice and a blended set is becoming ultra popular. The Epic Speed is a good driver as well. I'm going to keep the Taylor Made M5 in my bag. I have a Rogue Sub Zero that I will likely take to North Carolina with the Mizunos and bring back the old old set of Mizunos and an old Taylor Made driver and try to sell them. If anyone is interested let me know. 3-PW of Mizuno MP-33 and the driver is a Taylor Made R9 Superdeep I think. Pretty sure I can sell the irons for $200+ to a Mizuno enthusiast. They are still great clubs just old technology. The driver is maybe worth $50 to the right person, probably less but a great club off the tee. I have been using it the last few years on visits to my mother's house and it still sends the ball out there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:51 am 

Going to sort of get used to and re-teach myself how to hit players type irons. :lol: Hit them ok in the simulator but definitely finding that a mis-hit will cost you quite a bit of yardage so going to have to get that dialed in. Weather pretty nice so maybe later tonight I can hit outside at the one range I know is open. Just don't have the distance I used to off the tee either. Right now the decision I need to make is to keep a 3 wood in the bag or get rid of it and add a 60 degree wedge. This is the route I was thinking and just try to cover up the gap on the top end of the bag with the 3 hybrid. I was hitting that over 240 and I believe I would be much more accurate with it. Losing at least 20 yards with a well struck 3 wood but just don't use it all that much and feel like I am going to need an extra wedge since most of my shots will be coming in from further away this season and will need to scramble a bit more.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:52 pm 

Booked an hour of virtual time at a local watering hole with a couple of screens upstairs from the bar. Same price I usually pay and don't have to drive 30 minutes each way. Pretty sure on their system I have to putt everything out so that will be interesting and should still be able to be close to finishing 18 in an hour.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Really good video about some grip tips, I've watched it about thirty times already

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:51 am 

People seem to really find her interesting and attractive. I’m not one of them. If she wanted me to take her seriously she’d cover herself up. I know that’s not how the social media game is played and I guess I’m old but there’s only one guy I take my golf tips from. Manolo :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGh9ZBvWizU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:23 am 

T-Bone wrote:
People seem to really find her interesting and attractive. I’m not one of them. If she wanted me to take her seriously she’d cover herself up. I know that’s not how the social media game is played and I guess I’m old but there’s only one guy I take my golf tips from. Manolo :lol:

I like that guy :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:39 am 

He actually has a few good tips but I just find his schtick very funny.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: John's
T-Bone wrote:

She's arguably one of the hottest women on the planet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:48 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Horrible take. She isn't even one of the hottest Golf social media broads.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:33 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Horrible take. She isn't even one of the hottest Golf social media broads.

Grace Charis FTW.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:32 pm 

Driving range in Sycamore opened today. I got a small bucket and hit the ball pretty well. After about 20 balls my back started getting sore :lol:. So I started hitting half wedges to a barrel they have about 50 yards out. I drained one!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:42 am 

Franky T wrote:
Driving range in Sycamore opened today. I got a small bucket and hit the ball pretty well. After about 20 balls my back started getting sore :lol:. So I started hitting half wedges to a barrel they have about 50 yards out. I drained one!

Nice. I bought a bucket of 100 a few weeks ago and had to chip and pitch the last 25 out as I was gassed. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:30 am 

Going to be in the high 40s after work tonight so going to pick up one buddy and meet another out at the range. Hit a few buckets and have a beer afterwards. Supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow on Friday so might as well. Headed to Mexico on Sunday for a week so can't wait.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:01 am 
100000 CLUB

You playing while there?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:51 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You playing while there?

No it's a driving range with a bar. There is a course next door but I doubt they are open and I'm not getting there until 5pm. Really not aware of any courses open around here and they would be pretty damn wet if they were open. I need all the practice I get get with these new sticks. Every time I go it gets a little bit better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next