It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:56 am 

I don't really blame him for that though, it is still pleny of club to hit a short iron into the green. Probably hit the same club on that hole all week. I don't think Sergio did anything to lose the tournament yesterday, his putting over the first 3 days did though. Fowler owned that hole off of the tee.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Chus wrote:
Sergio showed what he was made of on the last playoff hole. He was down one stroke, and he puled out his 3 wood.

He still outdrove Kisner and hit a better shot into the green than either Kisner or Fowler. I was surprised Fowler didn't take advantage of
his bombed drive, he hit a horrible approach.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Didn't realize Rickie's GF game was so strong. That shirt/shorts left little to the imagination.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Hawg Ass wrote:
I don't really blame him for that though, it is still pleny of club to hit a short iron into the green. Probably hit the same club on that hole all week. I don't think Sergio did anything to lose the tournament yesterday, his putting over the first 3 days did though. Fowler owned that hole off of the tee.

Sergio hit driver on 18 before the playoff, and he found the fairway.

As well as Fowler finished, that tournament was Sergio's to lose, and boy did he ever. He made an absolute mess on 14, where he hit his 3 wood right, ending up with bogey. He was bad off the tee on 17 both times he played it yesterday. Fowler and Kisner stuck them near the pin, and Serg was 50' away.

Sergio is the kind of guy who is happy finishing third.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:15 am 

Chus wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

As well as Fowler finished, that tournament was Sergio's to lose, and boy did he ever. He made an absolute mess on 14, where he hit his 3 wood right, ending up with bogey. He was bad off the tee on 17 both times he played it yesterday. Fowler and Kisner stuck them near the pin, and Serg was 50' away.

We will just have to disagree on what we watched yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:16 am 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Didn't realize Rickie's GF game was so strong. That shirt/shorts left little to the imagination.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:16 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Chus wrote:
Sergio showed what he was made of on the last playoff hole. He was down one stroke, and he puled out his 3 wood.

He still outdrove Kisner and hit a better shot into the green than either Kisner or Fowler. I was surprised Fowler didn't take advantage of

He needed to take advantage of his length. He was still 161 yards to the pin. Maybe if he is 140, his approach shot lands within six feet of the cup. He missed the same putt he missed thirty minutes before. Bad, bad, bad.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:20 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Chus wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I'm not taking anything away from Fowler, but that was Sergio's to lose. Once Sergio heard the crowds roaring ahead of him, he lost it. He isn't a closer.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:22 am 

Chus wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Chus wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I'm not taking anything away from Fowler, but that was Sergio's to lose. Once Sergio heard the crowds roaring ahead of him, he lost it. He isn't a closer.

Ok, and I don't agree that the was the case. No big deal.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Chus wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Chus wrote:

He needed to take advantage of his length. He was still 161 yards to the pin. Maybe if he is 140, his approach shot lands within six feet of the cup. He missed the same putt he missed thirty minutes before. Bad, bad, bad.

I'll disagree with you a bit here. He missed his putt on the pro side (left) so he gave it a good run. I am convinced that Rickie only made his putt because
he saw the guys line that hit before him in regulation. Everyone missed that putt to the right coming in. I can see why you think that he should have been
ultra aggressive since he was back one shot but if he puts one in the water or the trees he is automatically done after the tee shot. I thought he played the
hole pretty intelligently.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Northside_Dan wrote:

I thought the same thing. :thumright:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Maybe just me but those Levi's cutoffs were sexy as hell.