It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
SpiralStairs wrote:
This is old news in CUM TOWN, but SS made a hole in one yesterday at Apple Orchard in Bartlett.

That’s awesome, congrats.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Trip out of town got cancelled Thursday night. Played last 4 days in a row after not playing in a while.

82-77-79 and had a 74 today. 40-34 after starting double bogey-bogey. Nice way to end the season.

I had my best year possibly ever and for sure since college. Might share a few stats later if I get them tallied up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
Trip out of town got cancelled Thursday night. Played last 4 days in a row after not playing in a while.

82-77-79 and had a 74 today. 40-34 after starting double bogey-bogey. Nice way to end the season.

I had my best year possibly ever and for sure since college. Might share a few stats later if I get them tallied up.

End the season?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:28 pm 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

End the season?

Yes sir.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:29 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

End the season?

Yes sir.

?

If trends continue, you’re due for a 69 two rounds from now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:52 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

End the season?

Yes sir.

Why? There is at least a month+ of great golf weather.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:21 am 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

End the season?

Yes sir.

Why? There is at least a month+ of great golf weather.

I am just burned out and my body is breaking down more than I expected. At 260 lbs I think the walking has really taken it's toll this year. I generally play with two guys in a cart and
keep up with them for the most part. I usually play one course that is 6700 yards and the other 7000 with some elevation changes and we usually do it in less than 3 hours. Because we play
in the morning I usually buy the leather FootJoy DryJoy shoes and they've taken a toll on my feet this year. I think next year I might buy a pass with a cart. I really want to switch gears and
try to focus on my health this fall, losing weight and hitting the gym. I missed almost all of last month and still finished the year with 53 rounds in 6 months. Almost every single weekend and
holiday I am getting up very early and playing golf. It's fun but just kind of takes it's toll on me after a while. I've never felt this bad physically in my life. I also noticed that after I came back from
COVID that I wasn't hitting the ball as far and I'd really like to get stronger.

Did a quick tally of some stats. I am sure no one gives a shit but maybe some of the people in this thread would find it interesting.

Stroke average of 74.17
6.1 fairways a round ( out of 14 )
9.3 greens a round ( out of 18 )
29.9 putts a round
1 three putt per round
57% scrambling ( anywhere within 25 yards of missing the green in regulation )
52% sand save

When I look at these numbers opposed to other years ( I've kept stats every season since 2013) I would definitely say the biggest wins this year have been less than 30 putts a round and my
sand save percentage was really good. I was in the bunker 62 times and got it up and in 32 of them. In past years I'd be lucky to be at 33%. Gives me a look at things I can work on for
next year. I'd like to be hitting 50% of the fairways. Double digit greens would be nice. Scrambling I'd like to be above 60%. Biggest thing almost everyone can improve on including myself
is the putting. I might buy a nice mat for my basement this winter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:00 am 

Shot 76 at Whispering Springs yesterday playing from around 6200 yards. Had 2 kick in birdie putts and holed another 25 footer for bird. By far my best ball striking round this year, made 3 bogeys with wedges in my hands so it should have been better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:05 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Shot 76 at Whispering Springs yesterday playing from around 6200 yards. Had 2 kick in birdie putts and holed another 25 footer for bird. By far my best ball striking round this year, made 3 bogeys with wedges in my hands so it should have been better.

Nice shooting Hawger.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
What are people's thots on Elgin Highlands? Have a foursome put together but two of group are not even casual golfers. Uncertain how friendly a course like that would be to a group of duffers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
SpiralStairs wrote:
What are people's thots on Elgin Highlands? Have a foursome put together but two of group are not even casual golfers. Uncertain how friendly a course like that would be to a group of duffers.

Highlands of Elgin (assuming that is the course you are talking about) is one of the top courses in the State and easily the best bang for the buck in the State. Not an easy track. Not sure I would take non golfers there, but as long as they play at a good pace it will be fine to bring them there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:54 pm 

Play fast and nobody cares how bad you are.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:31 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Is 2.5hours for 18 slow?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:22 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Is 2.5hours for 18 slow?

Nope. Super fast. People will love you, irrespective of ethics.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:53 pm 

Never really understood the desire to be finished golfing as quickly as possible. The whole point is to be out of the house and away from your wife and kids. Why hurry back to that?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:54 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Never really understood the desire to be finished golfing as quickly as possible. The whole point is to be out of the house and away from your wife and kids. Why hurry back to that?

MANY go to the bar after golf.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:59 am 

Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

:cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:12 am 

Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Why golf at all then? Put down the sticks and head directly to the nearest bar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:29 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I can enjoy playing golf and not want to be on the course for 5 hours.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:35 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Franky T wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Because golf is fun.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:37 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:

there's nothing fun about having to wait before you take every shot on the course. Doesn't matter how beautiful the course/weather is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:39 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Is 2.5hours for 18 slow?

you're not playing in 2.5 hours with a foursome even if you're the only people on the course.

For reference, when I play as a single and there is no one out there and I have a cart I can finish in 2.5 hours.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:50 am 

shakes wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

there's nothing fun about having to wait before you take every shot on the course. Doesn't matter how beautiful the course/weather is.

Six hour scrambles are my limit, but I think that's because I've drank near every beer in existence by the end of the day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:04 am 

I've gotten to the point where I will very rarely even play unless I am the first one off in the morning. Any more than 4 hours to play is too much for me unless it is a bucket list / resort type
course or as you mentioned the scrambles can be fun. I usually play a 27 holer at the end of the year but last year took 7 hours and that is too damn long. I enjoy being home by 10am on
the weekend and have my golf already done.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hit the range in preparation for the next two weekends. Everything going pretty well. Will wrap up the season with a league golf weekend playing Fri, Sat and Sun at a sweet out of the way course just south of the NY border north of us. The n next weekend the league final outing even on that Sunday.

Then we will see if I ever golf again after I take knife for the rotator cuff 9/29. Or maybe I get better is the desired result. Either way by to playing in pain.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I put up a smooth 112 yesterday at Ravisloe with Furious. My game is all over the place mentally and physically. I move pre-swing and just can't get comfortable over the ball until I've done so much bebopping around that I give myself basically no chance to hit a good shot. I had a couple of decent drives and overall putted pretty well, but that was it. 1 GIR, 2 pars, 2 bogeys, everything else was double or worse. Yuck.

I have not broken 100 since early July, and I have hit 1 GIR my last three rounds. It's just not been a fun summer for golf. When you can't fully enjoy a beautiful course like Donald Ross's Ravisloe, good company, and glorious weather, it's time to hang up the sticks.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:34 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I put up a smooth 112 yesterday at Ravisloe with Furious. My game is all over the place mentally and physically. I move pre-swing and just can't get comfortable over the ball until I've done so much bebopping around that I give myself basically no chance to hit a good shot. I had a couple of decent drives and overall putted pretty well, but that was it. 1 GIR, 2 pars, 2 bogeys, everything else was double or worse. Yuck.

I have not broken 100 since early July, and I have hit 1 GIR my last three rounds. It's just not been a fun summer for golf. When you can't fully enjoy a beautiful course like Donald Ross's Ravisloe, good company, and glorious weather, it's time to hang up the sticks.

Sorry to hear. I'd like to get down there and try that one out. On my short list of public IL courses I have not had an opportunity to play and want to. Hopefully you can get out and at least leave
this season on some type of high note. I had a buddy reach out to me wanting to play next Sunday and told him I would consider it but not expecting much. More of a social thing than expecting a
good round, but we are playing an easy and short course that I know well so should be fun if we make decent time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:56 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Should I re-title the Cum Town thread?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am sore. With the bum shoulder 18 times 3 in consecutive days is too much. Then I was home yesterday bent over a car fixing it for my kid.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:21 am 

pittmike wrote:
I am sore. With the bum shoulder 18 times 3 in consecutive days is too much. Then I was home yesterday bent over a car fixing it for my kid.

You had me at "bent over a car".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next