It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well a few things. One, I know you can’t buy a game. Two I needed modern irons as my 1996 Big Bertha graphites were old. Three, this wouldn’t be appreciated properly in the brag thread. So after much searching and good old fashioned Chicago Polish frugality my owned by one old dude barely used TM M2 graphite iron set arrived today.

I couldn’t wait and launched a couple water balls with the PW 100 yards into the woods behind the house.

8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:25 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Those should be a big upgrade for you. Hope you got a reasonable deal on them. Always fun getting new clubs. I head in to get fitted for a new driver this morning. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. No idea what I’m coming home with.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:43 am 

Yeah the deal was good too good to pass.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:21 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Yeah the deal was good too good to pass.

I bet you will love them. Picked up M5 from TaylorMade. I may try to make it to the range yet this year to try it but I think it's going to work. Kept the Rogue SubZero as they were only going to give me $94 for it. I'll keep it as a backup and maybe I can figure out how to get it to work. Interesting to see the things he showed me about my swing path and numbers generated in general. Worth the full fitting in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:11 pm 

Cool. I went out this morning and did nine by myself to work it all out with new clubs. Just wonderful. Never had to touch the 5 iron. These are at least a full club longer and straight as can be. Just feels right.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Great to hear, Mike.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:10 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Playing the two upcoming Saturdays and then I don't know if I'll be able to get out again. That would suck because I love fall golf. Probably played the fewest rounds of my golf 'career' this season. Just had so much going on later in the summer and early in the season the weather did not cooperate much at all.

Oh well. Finish strong.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:56 am 

18 yesterday and finally broke the century mark with a 98. If I did it before legally I can’t remember when. Reason to celebrate and you may not be able to buy a game but game improvement clubs are real.

Probably get two more in before shutting down.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:40 am 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:27 am 
100000 CLUB

Managed a 91 (45-46) on Saturday at Coyote Run. Driver was so-so, long irons were dreadful, short irons were OK, short game was great. Only one 3-putt and chipped quite well. Really a nice day out on a course that was in just marvelous shape. Maybe the best conditioned track I have played all year. The wind was higher than forecast, but the sun was out and by about the 6th hole my long sleeve layer came off.

Played with a buddy and my old man, who likely ended his golf season with a par after hitting a 3 wood from about 180 out to 15'.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

Playing Saturday morning in a Match Play event. Looks like temps will barely get into the 40s with 20+ mph winds all day. Perfect fall golf conditions!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:28 am 

Getting in 9 late this afternoon with a buddy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:56 am 

Visiting my mom and helping her clear out some of my dads stuff. Bringing a couple cool things home to display in the new house. I’m bringing back one of his caddy hats and pinned his two name tags with his caddy number on the hat for future display. With those items I found his Augusta National yardage book he used with all his notes in there. The other thing he had that I really wanted to send home was a rack that goes on the walk that holds clubs. A number of years ago he had his first set of junior clubs refinished and fixed up. Two persimmon woods, 4 irons and a putter. His parents gave him the set in 1959 and he and his brothers all used them. They were also mine and my brothers first set of clubs. I look forward to hanging them up on the wall somewhere as well. I just need to find out a bit more about the clubs. I’d be a bit surprised if he got the clubs brand new as he had a tough upbringing but I think I’ll pose that question on a golf message board with some pics and see what comes back. Cost a small fortune to ship back but will be worth it in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:43 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Visiting my mom and helping her clear out some of my dads stuff. Bringing a couple cool things home to display in the new house. I’m bringing back one of his caddy hats and pinned his two name tags with his caddy number on the hat for future display. With those items I found his Augusta National yardage book he used with all his notes in there. The other thing he had that I really wanted to send home was a rack that goes on the walk that holds clubs. A number of years ago he had his first set of junior clubs refinished and fixed up. Two persimmon woods, 4 irons and a putter. His parents gave him the set in 1959 and he and his brothers all used them. They were also mine and my brothers first set of clubs. I look forward to hanging them up on the wall somewhere as well. I just need to find out a bit more about the clubs. I’d be a bit surprised if he got the clubs brand new as he had a tough upbringing but I think I’ll pose that question on a golf message board with some pics and see what comes back. Cost a small fortune to ship back but will be worth it in the end.

Sounds nice. Last night my son and I went through just a simple old scrapbook after dinner that was awesome to do. You will have that on steroids.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:45 am 

pittmike wrote:
Getting in 9 late this afternoon with a buddy.

BTW 45. So since new irons no higher than 49 or 98. I am so sad this season will end. Perhaps 9 during coming week depending on weather and a weekend including 18 with wife the 18th. Again depends on weather but it seems after that hand them up on a high and hjope I remember things for spring.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:

That yardage book would be cool to see.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:41 am 
100000 CLUB

I agree that would be awesome to look at.

Get a nice shadow box for the hats badges, TBone. Sounds like a productive golf trip without even hitting a ball. And you are out south just in time as the low in your neck of the nape tonite is probably going to be about 30.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:16 pm 

Grip and sight lines are a huge part of dialing in the correct putter.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Managed a 91 (45-46) on Saturday at Coyote Run. Driver was so-so, long irons were dreadful, short irons were OK, short game was great.
More of the same on Saturday. Not the best off the tee. I did hit three 3-irons very well, but chunked two others. Hit a couple of greens with full swing wedges and short irons, but pushed a couple to the right. Started out putting poorly but really got the flat stick going about the middle of the round. Several lags right up to tap in distance. My chipping and pitching has been the best its been in probably the last two seasons. Chipped more with my 52 (as opposed to my 56) and had five bad boys roll up to about 3' or so to save par/bogey.

Did a little team match play thing with buddies at Silver Lake, south course. The first hole is a brutal 530 yard par 5 directly into the sun that is slightly up hill. Toughest hole on the property, and we three putted it for a 7 and a halve. Played very well in the middle of the round and were 4 up, but slipped on holes 10-12 and were 1 up heading into the final hole. I had one of my nice chips to get up and down for a par and win the first part of our deal. Halved the first two playoff holes, then the wheels sort of fell off as my partner and I both had bad tee shots and we went bogey bogey, opponents went par par and that was it as we lost 2 down.

Silver Lake was in great condition on Saturday even with all the rain on Fri. Cart path only sucked.
Fairways were free of leaves and were generally dry. The greens were a bit slow, but got quicker as the round went on and the sun was out. The wind was brutal. Easily 3 clubs at times. Played some shots more as punches and links style bump and runs to combat this which I had decent success with actually. Unfortunately most of the holes that were downwind we were unable to take advantage of. Had I been playing my own ball, I figure I would have probably shot 95 or so.

Also broke my 8-iron. 165 yard downhill and downwind par 3, 15th hole. My 8 is about my 150 club, but with the wind and the downhill I figured it was the club to use as even if I didn't hit it great it would still get me to the front of the green. As I struck the ball, it got off pretty good, and the clubhead went flying into the hazard in front of us. The ball ended up a bit past pin high just left of the green. Sucks though because I had a ton of confidence in hitting that club. Looks like I'll be getting a couple of new irons over the winter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Yesterday was the CDGA member day at Lost Dunes. What an incredible golf course. It was designed by the same guy who did Pacific Dunes, one of the courses at Bandon Dunes. I've really been lucky to play some great courses this summer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:15 pm 

Frank when I got fitted for the M5 driver a few weeks back the fitter had just put a different head on the shaft I was using. Might have been the Ping. Don’t remember but I brought it back and on the follow through the head snapped off before I hit the ball. Scared the absolute shit out of me when the head went flying into the net. I was bringing it at about 116 mph and apologized. He said don’t worry about it, probably wasn’t you. I let another guy borrow this shaft for a few weeks and he was about 6’5 and swings a lot harder than you. Talk about getting taken down a peg :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

:lol: I highly doubt it was my swing speed. Unlike JLN, I know I'm not swinging at 120mph. Was weird though because I took a good divot as well, and it 'felt' like one of my better strikes of the day. What can ya do?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:59 pm 

Taking this Friday off. Golf 18 with wife and spend weekend in mountain resort 7 springs. Colors are on point and weather forecast good. Might be the last go round.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:16 pm 

A quick check of eBay shows many TA-5 8 irons for cheap, Franklin.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:29 pm 

Friday golf at the Preserve at Oak Meadows.

Can't wait!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
My friends' daughter continues to live up to the hype. Finished 1st overall at Sectionals with a 72. Moving on to State this weekend. pretty amazing considering she is a freshman! Article is confusing. Says she shot 3rd best in the field, but first for individuals qualifying. Not sure what that means. maybe it means that she had top score of all the people who were there without a team?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/sports/ct-lns-spt-girls-golf-prospect-sectional-st-101619-20191015-wyh7pgg725fy3g3zlt6jvy3oie-story.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
She ended up tied for 5th in State, 2 strokes off the lead. Not too shabby for a freshman.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:04 am 
100000 CLUB

Well. This season sure came to a crashing halt. I was hopeful I would get out for at least 9 holes before the end of the year, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:53 am 

My home course closed for the season yesterday. I had a bit of a frustrating year not really reaching what I thought my potential was. Not sure what I will do next year. I’m considering tearing my swing down and starting over. I may not buy a pass but mostly hit range balls and play different places in WI and IL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next