It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Picked up a club for first time after the board event and a long week of work in Nashville. I took a cart yesterday and played two balls off of
each tee shot and hit two on the par 3's. Played well and shot 73/75. Played again this morning and shot 74 with two topped shots. I just dialed
back the swing speed a bit after trying to kill the ball during the scramble and that straightened things out quite a bit. Looking forward to
a strong finish this season.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:45 pm 

I think I am going to try to dodge rain drops and lightning bolts tomorrow morning and golf again before work. I ended up putting a
brand new Flatso putter grip on the old Ping Pal 2 I got back from my high school buddy. I haven't tested it out yet. Really no need
since I like how my current putter is working out. Followed up with the WSGA about that Spider Mini they were supposed to send me
and they apologized and asked what length and color I wanted. Ordered a 34" in silver which I will like much more than the red color.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:11 am 

Got out again this morning and still hitting the ball solid. Shot 73 with a triple and a shankapotomus. Birdied 3 par fives.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:10 am 

Looks like a perfect weekend for playing, hope some of you guys plan on hitting the ball around. Less than 12 weeks before I hang'em up.
I gotta get moving to reach 60 rounds. I played #40 this week. Clubs usually go in the basement by first weekend in November.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
18 tomorrow. Hopefully, the weather window is wide enough. It should be. Pulled the old TM 2009 Burner out of the basement to switch out. I need a fix. Probably not going to use it for first three holes to build confidence.

Just hope for a productive day to build on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Going to get out Saturday midday, not sure where.

Need to get to the range and groove my swing first. Still have 6 vacation days to burn. Thinking about returning to the RTJ Trail to knock off a few more courses off the list.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:35 pm 

Quick question. Do any of you guys recall Dick's selling Taylormade drivers that had different numbering on them than normal? Like same stuff but special branding rather than R9 etc.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:50 pm 

Yes. Some of the TM clubs specific to DSG had an XL added to club designation years ago. Sure there are more examples, just don't know specifics.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:12 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Yes. Some of the TM clubs specific to DSG had an XL added to club designation years ago. Sure there are more examples, just don't know specifics.

Ok I wondered what I might have seen in some used places.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:27 am 

Schaumburg Golf Club today with shakes. The site of my first encounter with some real unsavory types from the board. If only I could do things over again.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
2:00 lesson with my guy Jim at Broken Arrow. He's helped me before, so I'm hoping he'll get me back on the right track soon

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:55 am 

Another good round on Saturday. Actually hit 16 greens, the last 15 in a row but couldn't putt very well. Yesterday was the strangest round
I can remember in a while. 44 on the front and 33 on the back with 5 birdies. My ability to hit the fairway off the tee left me this weekend
but other than that things trending up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:05 am 

That's some nice shooting, T.

Went 43/41/84 at Schaumburg GC. Played the same 18 as the 2013 outing. The back nine we played just opened up July 1st after the renovation. White sand in the bunkers and faster greens. Greens were pretty slow on the front and I didn't take advantage of scoring opportunities.

Realized why my swing left me the last few rounds: hadn't been swinging the Medicus. Spent about 5 minutes with it and my takeaway was instantly slower and dispersion on the course was way better.

The will have all 27 holes renovated by next year. Should be solid.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Rough, but predictable weekend for me on the links. Yearly post golf trip letdown was in full effect. Combined with trying to learn my new swing and it was a long day on the scorecard. Hit 11/14 fairways with the driver on Saturday, but ended up with a 96. Didn't make a single putt all day, didn't chip one close all day combined with several bad breaks on good iron shots, zero up and downs all day as well. Very odd because I felt I struck the ball well most of the day. Only shank all day was on a short chip shot.

Played yesterday at Shepherd's Crook. Never again. Walked off after 12 holes after taking 2.5 hours to play the front and the back was going to be just as bad. Ranger running around trying to fix it, but hard to do when you're a huge pussy who's afraid to get tough with slow players. Throw in people playing from the wrong tees and a Sunday pin set up that resembled the US Open and you had all the recipe for a disaster. My shit game continued with a 46 on the front, but finally on hole 10 I hit an iron that did exactly what it was supposed to, nice baby draw. Hopefully I'm starting to get the hang of the new swing. No shanks so I think I'm over that.

Sucks about Shepherd's because it's one of the best courses in Illinois and probably the best value of any course in Illinois. But it's an hour drive and there's no way I'm playing 5 hour fucking rounds. I think I'm done with Sunday golf unless it's up in Wisconsin where a 4.5 hour long round is considered way too slow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:34 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
That's some nice shooting, T.

Went 43/41/84 at Schaumburg GC. Played the same 18 as the 2013 outing. The back nine we played just opened up July 1st after the renovation. White sand in the bunkers and faster greens. Greens were pretty slow on the front and I didn't take advantage of scoring opportunities.

Realized why my swing left me the last few rounds: hadn't been swinging the Medicus. Spent about 5 minutes with it and my takeaway was instantly slower and dispersion on the course was way better.

The will have all 27 holes renovated by next year. Should be solid.

Correction, all 27 holes to be done in 2 years. Next July they plan to open the 9 they are doing now. Last 9 opens following July.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:41 am 

shakes wrote:
Rough, but predictable weekend for me on the links. Yearly post golf trip letdown was in full effect. Combined with trying to learn my new swing and it was a long day on the scorecard. Hit 11/14 fairways with the driver on Saturday, but ended up with a 96. Didn't make a single putt all day, didn't chip one close all day combined with several bad breaks on good iron shots, zero up and downs all day as well. Very odd because I felt I struck the ball well most of the day. Only shank all day was on a short chip shot.

Played yesterday at Shepherd's Crook. Never again. Walked off after 12 holes after taking 2.5 hours to play the front and the back was going to be just as bad. Ranger running around trying to fix it, but hard to do when you're a huge pussy who's afraid to get tough with slow players. Throw in people playing from the wrong tees and a Sunday pin set up that resembled the US Open and you had all the recipe for a disaster. My shit game continued with a 46 on the front, but finally on hole 10 I hit an iron that did exactly what it was supposed to, nice baby draw. Hopefully I'm starting to get the hang of the new swing. No shanks so I think I'm over that.

Sucks about Shepherd's because it's one of the best courses in Illinois and probably the best value of any course in Illinois. But it's an hour drive and there's no way I'm playing 5 hour fucking rounds. I think I'm done with Sunday golf unless it's up in Wisconsin where a 4.5 hour long round is considered way too slow.

Sorry to hear about your experience at Shepherds. I haven't been over there since the spring but I don't want to play there in the afternoons, even during
the week. Played in 3:45 yesterday and even that felt a little slow compared to usual, but I am spoiled usually playing in 3 or less. Really hoping to meet
up with you in September at your stomping grounds up north. I'd likely just drive up, play and drive back same day if we can coordinate it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I'd be up for playing Strawberry Fields or any place, actually. I'd love to go play Oak Grove. Let me know if you guys need one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
I've completely lost the ability to hit anything but wedges. Big blocks right or big hooks right to left. Missing targets by 15-20 yards. No idea what i'm doing when I'm standing over a ball anymore if the loft is less than 50 degrees.

Shot at 85 at St. Andrews on Saturday thanks to my driver being as locked in as it's ever been and an adequate putting day.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:08 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
I'd be up for playing Strawberry Fields or any place, actually. I'd love to go play Oak Grove. Let me know if you guys need one.

You mean Strawerry Creek? :lol:

If you got a guy there, count me in!

I plan to hit up Oak Grove and some of the more distant courses (for me) in the fall. Blackstone, Prairie View, Aldeen, Timber Pointe, Thunderhawk and Glen Erin (Janesville).

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Furious Styles wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I plan to hit up Oak Grove and some of the more distant courses (for me) in the fall. Blackstone, Prairie View, Aldeen, Timber Pointe, Thunderhawk and Glen Erin (Janesville).

Yes, Strawberry Creek...i thought that sounded off.

I bought a round there three years ago at a charity event and haven't used it yet. I'll have to dig that out of the mothballs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:37 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

Got a supplier taking me and a co-worker to Thunderhawk next Wednesday for a "meeting". I haven't be out there in a few years. It's a decent layout
but I just don't like the back nine layout at all. It's goofy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:06 am 

Absolutely beautiful morning for golf today. A little struggle on the front but bounced back strong on the back again. Putting 18 good
holes together is a hell of a challenge.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I am so sick and tired of my game right now. Every time I play I shoot between 80-86. Not bad enough to blow up into the 90's when I'm playing poorly, but missing the 70's by a stupid shot or two when I'm playing well. Every. Damn. Time.

Think I'm kidding? My posted scores at a variety of courses in August:

80-84-81-84-82-83-86-83-86-81-82-85. That doesn't include the other rounds with similar results that I have played by myself (which thanks to the fucking USGA I can no longer post). Doesn't matter, my index seems to be forever between 8-10.

(rant over)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
T-Bone wrote:
Played well and shot 73/75. Played again this morning and shot 74 with two topped shots.

My God....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I could hit 74 and potentially not be done with front 9 given the right course.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:47 am 

My post golf trip malaise continues as I've gone 3 straight rounds without breaking 90. Shanks are gone which is awesome and my tee game is really solid so not in panic mode. Problem is my completely new swing is taking some time to get fine tuned. Trying to hit a draw and having 2 way misses which is a big problem, but I can see the progress. short game has been surprisingly bad, but it's been a big shock completely changing my around the green chipping swing so I'm not getting worked up about it.

Played Friday at Lawsonia and shot a 94 with 8 3-putts and 6 iron shots where I had great shots, but chose the wrong club. Only had 1 up and down all round.

Going back up to Wisconsin tomorrow night for a very long holiday weekend and daily golf at Lawsonia. Really looking forward to working on my new swing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
45-47 for a 92 Saturday morning at a soggy Lincoln Oaks in Crete. Summer has taken its toll as it was in better shape earlier in the year. Started out great- Birdie, par, par. Put a ball in the drink on the 4th hole (a par 3) but got up and down from the drop zone to card a bogey which I was happy with. Skulled two wedges which cost me at least 4 strokes. Somewhat corrected my driver, but still had some bad shots with it. Old school course so small greens, but I chipped like a madman. One putted seven greens as I chipped to within 3' about 4 or 5 times. Not the best, but I don't care if you are going from 150 to 120, or 126 to 92. Knocking 30+ strokes off of you previous round is a feat in and of itself. Not sure how many more times I will be able to get out with the little one making his/her arrival in the coming weeks, but it was nice to get some confidence back in my game and get a few pars and a birdie on Saturday.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:10 pm 

Got out both days. Hit a rough patch on Saturday breaking up my couple week streak of good play. Yesterday was a really strange round as
the fog was as thick as I have ever tried to play in. I didn't see one of the greens I was hitting to until number 11. Luckily I know the
course well enough and knew where the pin ( front, back, or middle ) based on consistent sequencing. How I hit 7 of nine on the front nine
I'll never know but maybe it helped not to look at pins but just general areas. Played -2 the last 3 holes for a strong finish on a tough
course. Play ThunderHawk in Beach Park on Wednesday so that should be interesting, as I have never had much luck the 2 or 3 times I
have played there in the past. Right now it looks like I should hit my rounds goal for the season as long as the weather holds out the next
two months.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:08 pm 

Got up to Green Lake around noon today, about 14 hours after 3 tornados touched down in the area. Saw the devastation on the way in with one town having more trees uprooted than standing upright. saw a 600 cow dairy farm completely leveled with most of the cows dead or buried under debris.

But, on the plus side the rain really softened up the greens on the Links course and I had one of my best putting days ever out there. Not a single 3 putt. Played probably my best round of the year, 39-42-81. Driver was great, hit 8 straight fairways at one point. Irons were all hit crisply. Was standing on 17 tee only needing to par in for a 79 and the twosome behind us caught us so I asked them if they wanted to join us the rest of the way. Apparently that was enough to make me lose my focus and I shanked a wedge and got my first and only double bogey. Parred 18 with a 12 foot putt.

Hopefully this means I'm getting the new swing down pat. Out again every day through Monday, hoping to continue the good play.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:38 am 

39-42 - 81 out at Thunderhawk yesterday. Course was pretty saturated and it was cart path only. Not a big deal since I like to walk anyway
but it is a pain having to carry a bunch of clubs and a towel out to your ball. Made a double and triple that contributed to the score, I am just
really not a fan of the course and would be fine not playing it again. I don't really enjoy "target golf". Never could really dial in the yardages
out there. It was in decent shape but some of the greens were a little rough looking. First time I had played somewhere other than my own
courses for a while so it was interesting to note how comfortable you feel on a course you play regularly with yardages and clubs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next