It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Seacrest wrote:
shakes wrote:
Being the horrible nut that I am I spent the day on the golf course and not at temple. I guess God didn't mind cause I broke 80 for the first time since 4th of July weekend of 2013!

You will be there this Saturday though?

nope, haven't been to services in decades, don't plan on changing that anytime soon. If God has something to say to me it knows where to find me.

Not looking good for golf this Saturday though, could be in the 50s and maybe some rain.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
shakes wrote:
Took the driver to golfsmith and am getting it re shafted for $80, but the shaft I had in it was a $300 shaft so that sucks. Might not even put it back in the bag and just stick to hybrids. As long as I can play courses under 6400 I think I can still do well.

What shaft did you get?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:41 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
shakes wrote:
Took the driver to golfsmith and am getting it re shafted for $80, but the shaft I had in it was a $300 shaft so that sucks. Might not even put it back in the bag and just stick to hybrids. As long as I can play courses under 6400 I think I can still do well.

What shaft did you get?

Nothing special, the stock stiff shaft, was only $50.

The new Titlist 915 drivers come out in November, I'll probably upgrade at that point.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Had a 6:30 tee time for yesterday. Obviously it was a little bit early and we expected that if we could get
out by 6:45 that would be fine. Well there was a frost delay and they assumed that wouldn't be lifted until
8 or 8:30. My buddy had to leave by 11 at the latest so we weren't willing to wait around for 90 minutes
to play nine holes. I felt bad because my guy drove 45 minutes to get there. Really hope we get a couple
of nice weekends yet this season but it was definitely a wake up call that the season is living on borrowed
time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:25 pm 

didn't touch a club this weekend. Hoping for at least one more nice weekend, but getting ready to accept that its over.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Got an out of town work outing next week. After that the clubs go in the garage and stay there until spring.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:42 pm 

shakes wrote:
didn't touch a club this weekend. Hoping for at least one more nice weekend, but getting ready to accept that its over.

Looks like it will be high 50s this weekend so I made a tee time for Sunday. Chance of rain though so if it is
raining hard then I am pulling the plug. Cold and rain and any wind are the worst.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Playing at Deer Creek on Saturday mid morning with some buddies. Given some of the things I have going in during the next few weekends, it could potentially be my final round of the year. Overall its been a pretty disappointing year for me, so I am hoping to end on a positive note with a round in the mid 80's at worst. If its the last time, I'm actually good with the sticks going into the basement until the Spring. If we get a nice day in November, I'll just enjoy the added time to the golf season.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:29 pm 

Got out today for the first time in 3 weeks I think. Hockey started up again and had 4 games in 4 nights ending Friday, did nothing yesterday thinking I would be ok today, but my back was on fire. Too much hockey. Played at Schaumburg. Dealt with lots of pain and rust and struggled to a 45 on the front with a quad bogey on 7 and a birdie on 9. Started out the back with a double and a bogey and then settled into a groove and finished with 6 pars and 1 bogey for a 40 and a total of 85. Considering I had shooting pain every time I swung I am very happy with that score.

Thinking this was my last round of the year. Hockey 4-5 days a week from here on out, gonna need the days in between to lay on my couch pulling bongs recovering.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:26 am 

Played yesterday morning. They let us off at 7 which was surprising since there was still frost on
the ground. I think they made a mistake there. My cart wheels were picking up a lot of snow while
walking and getting a stance was tough with show packed between the spikes. It finally subsided
about hole 7. Had the driver going pretty good, not sure if that is because I was playing a Titleist
NXT instead of a Pro V1 but I hit 8 fairways which is a lot more than I have been hitting. Ended up
hitting 12 greens but couldn't drain enough putts and ended up with 34 total. Made two birdies
and had no blow up holes so for not playing in two weeks I was happy carding a 75 on a long course.
Me and a buddy walked the 7000 yard course in 2:40 so it is always nice to be packed up and heading
back home for the day by 10am.

Next week I am playing Chalet Hills in Cary. My buddy claims it is one of the tougher courses in the
area and tight so I am looking forward to playing someplace new. Hoping to play into November
but I am not going to kill myself in order to do it. Been a pretty good season overall. I know what
I need to work on in the offseason. I also see that Titleist is releasing their new driver next month
and I am drooling at the prospect of getting the D3 with 7.5 loft.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
48-48 at Deer Creek. A microcosm of my overall season, I had some nice shots, but still can't put everything together for more than a few holes. I swing too hard with irons sometimes and it just kills the hole. I was able to put a 3 iron from about 195 out to within 3' to save par though, and had a nice up & down from about 60 yards on #16 (a long par 4) to save par.

Played a skins game with my buddies and 3 of us were tied at 5 after the 18th hole. We replayed #18 to a draw, then went to the practice green for a putt-off. From about 70', I two putted and won $6. Woo hoo!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:10 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Played yesterday morning. They let us off at 7 which was surprising since there was still frost on
the ground. I think they made a mistake there. My cart wheels were picking up a lot of snow while
walking and getting a stance was tough with show packed between the spikes. It finally subsided
about hole 7. Had the driver going pretty good, not sure if that is because I was playing a Titleist
NXT instead of a Pro V1 but I hit 8 fairways which is a lot more than I have been hitting. Ended up
hitting 12 greens but couldn't drain enough putts and ended up with 34 total. Made two birdies
and had no blow up holes so for not playing in two weeks I was happy carding a 75 on a long course.
Me and a buddy walked the 7000 yard course in 2:40 so it is always nice to be packed up and heading

Next week I am playing Chalet Hills in Cary. My buddy claims it is one of the tougher courses in the
area and tight so I am looking forward to playing someplace new. Hoping to play into November
but I am not going to kill myself in order to do it. Been a pretty good season overall. I know what
I need to work on in the offseason. I also see that Titleist is releasing their new driver next month

Chalet Hills is a nice course, played it once last year. Its difficult, but not ridiculously so.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:13 am 

Played in a 4 man scramble on Saturday, 1st time I ever remember being the bunter and hitting leadoff off of the tee. Really drove it well and putted as good as I have all year. My irons are for shit, and quite embarassing. We finished 10 under.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:50 am 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Chalet Hills is a nice course, played it once last year. Its difficult, but not ridiculously so.

Sounds like I can't lose for $36 with a cart then.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:51 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Played in a 4 man scramble on Saturday, 1st time I ever remember being the bunter and hitting leadoff off of the tee. Really drove it well and putted as good as I have all year. My irons are for shit, and quite embarassing. We finished 10 under.

Where did you play? What was the winning score?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:52 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Ironwood and I had to leave with 2 holes left to go, I don't know what the winning score was, just hear what we finished at.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:55 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Ironwood and I had to leave with 2 holes left to go, I don't know what the winning score was, just hear what we finished at.

Never played there, how was it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:57 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Never played there, how was it?

It is in Sussex and I was not impressed. Specially since I saw that is $70.00 on the weekend, that is crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:13 pm 

Ok, good to know. The pics on the website made it look somewhat decent but thought I would ask.
$70 is pretty steep for an average or just ok type place

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:41 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Ok, good to know. The pics on the website made it look somewhat decent but thought I would ask.
$70 is pretty steep for an average or just ok type place

It is decent, but some of the holes are bad. There is some beautiful homes on there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Day off golfing tomorrow up in the mountains. Leaves are changing so should be good. And it is free on a $74.00 course. Rating is 70.6 so I am sure I will hit 120 to get my money's worth.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:48 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Had the driver going pretty good, not sure if that is because I was playing a Titleist NXT instead of a Pro V1 but I hit 8 fairways which is a lot more than I have been hitting.

Last year I switched to a non-urethane ball when my driver was off and it made a difference. Drives that would have been OB were a few yards in play and I hit more fairways. Ultimately missed the greenside spin and went back the Z Star – actually a Z Star SL which is the lower compression version from a few years ago.

Quote:
I also see that Titleist is releasing their new driver next month and I am drooling at the prospect of getting the D3 with 7.5 loft.

7.5 degrees??? Good grief, won’t that leave a distance gap between the 3Deep? :lol:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:56 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Had the driver going pretty good, not sure if that is because I was playing a Titleist NXT instead of a Pro V1 but I hit 8 fairways which is a lot more than I have been hitting.

Last year I switched to a non-urethane ball when my driver was off and it made a difference. Drives that would have been OB were a few yards in play and I hit more fairways. Ultimately missed the greenside spin and went back the Z Star – actually a Z Star SL which is the lower compression version from a few years ago.

Quote:
I also see that Titleist is releasing their new driver next month and I am drooling at the prospect of getting the D3 with 7.5 loft.

7.5 degrees??? Good grief, won’t that leave a distance gap between the 3Deep? :lol:

I hadn't played with that type of ball all season. I definitely think it made a difference and with the temps in the
40s I am sure it wasn't spinning as much either so I was pretty much hitting it where I aimed. As for the driver,
my hope was that I wouldn't need the 3Deep as much. :wink: Honestly I think if I could hit the ball on a lower
trajectory I could actually swing a little easier and just focus on putting the ball in play while not sacrificing distance.
This has never been my style in the past. My other thought was that I could finally turn the volume up to 11 and
try to average over 300 off the tee.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:02 pm 

I'm also planning on getting a new 913, however definitely not a 7.5. Probably stick with my 10.5, although I'm open to trying new lofts, maybe a 9.5.

Also planning on getting new irons, most likely the new Mizuno Forged 850s.

Throw in a new 56 degree wedge and maybe some 30g weights for my Scotty Cameron and I think that's all the off season golf shopping I plan to do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:18 pm 

shakes wrote:
I'm also planning on getting a new 913, however definitely not a 7.5. Probably stick with my 10.5, although I'm open to trying new lofts, maybe a 9.5.

Also planning on getting new irons, most likely the new Mizuno Forged 850s.

Throw in a new 56 degree wedge and maybe some 30g weights for my Scotty Cameron and I think that's all the off season golf shopping I plan to do.

Mizuno makes a really sweet iron. I played the MP-33's for a number of years and they really helped make me a
much better ball striker. I still have them and meant to take them out for a spin this season but never felt I was
hitting it well enough to try.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:15 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I hadn't played with that type of ball all season. I definitely think it made a difference and with the temps in the 40s I am sure it wasn't spinning as much either so I was pretty much hitting it where I aimed. As for the driver, my hope was that I wouldn't need the 3Deep as much. :wink: Honestly I think if I could hit the ball on a lower trajectory I could actually swing a little easier and just focus on putting the ball in play while not sacrificing distance. This has never been my style in the past. My other thought was that I could finally turn the volume up to 11 and try to average over 300 off the tee.

I vote for volume at 11. The longer you hit the ball, the more astonishment I have and the smoother I swing. When you only bunt it out there at 280 or so, I might experience a lapse in judgment and try to keep up.

Have you ever played the Wilson FG Tour X ball? It gets a lot of love from ProV1X users as a lower-cost alternative with very similar performance. The 2012 (I think) version was being closed out last year at $19.99. I found a few dozen of the non-X version at Meier for $5.50/dozen and loved it. The 2014 non-X version has a lower compression that the 2012 model, not sure if that applies to the 2014 FG Tour X as well.

T-Bone wrote:
shakes wrote:
I'm also planning on getting a new 913, however definitely not a 7.5. Probably stick with my 10.5, although I'm open to trying new lofts, maybe a 9.5. Also planning on getting new irons, most likely the new Mizuno Forged 850s. Throw in a new 56 degree wedge and maybe some 30g weights for my Scotty Cameron and I think that's all the off season golf shopping I plan to do.

Mizuno makes a really sweet iron. I played the MP-33's for a number of years and they really helped make me a much better ball striker. I still have them and meant to take them out for a spin this season but never felt I was hitting it well enough to try.

I can’t really justify any club changes for 2014. I have 2 sets of new non-conforming wedges ready once my 588 RTGs need replacing and the groove sharpener I bought on eBay really brings them back to life. I don’t really hit range balls with them either, so I should be good with wedges until the 2024 limitations kick in (if that really happens).

Shakes, those Mizuno 850 forged look sweet. I’m looking hard at the 850 cast for end of season 2015. A bigger head and wider sole just seem to suit me better. The no-upcharge shaft options are great to have.

Looking at this head for a winter project. Totally happy with my TM Fontana center shaft putter, but the Kia Mas are sweet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161429524754?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:19 am 

Leaving tomorrow for Texas. I'm hoping to play well and not get Ebola. I'll settle for not getting Ebola though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:20 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Leaving tomorrow for Texas. I'm hoping to play well and not get Ebola. I'll settle for not getting Ebola though.

Got your cowboy hat and shit kickers ready?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:45 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I got golf spikes attached to my boots so I never have to take them off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:50 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I got golf spikes attached to my boots so I never have to take them off.

You will never make it back to Indiana, I am not sure if this is a positive or a negative though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next