It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:28 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
Hoping Hawg does this the next time we are out on the course:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo ... -golf.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I took last Friday off of work and went out to a dogtrack called Meadows in Blue Island. $25 for golf and range balls. Off the tee was dreadful with the driver. Every single shot went right. So I teed off with my hybrid after about the 7th hole and hit every one of them ~200-220 down the middle. Irons were really good. Had the distance pegged almost perfectly. Putting was just ok. Greens were pretty beat up and some of them had mud/ice, so those greens I took as a 2 putt once I was inside about 20'. Chipped twice for par, and put a 7 iron on a par 3 over water about 6 from the cup. It was probably the best I played with my irons all season :lol:

Ended up with 83 with winter conditions (2 putt greens if snow/mud, lift clean place, etc). Only two double bogeys, everything else was singles or pars. Probably would have been more like 86 in summer, but overall I was very pleased with the round, especially my iron play. That damn driver though...I hate that thing.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I'll be visiting my parents for the holidays next week. My dad is checking with the caddie master at Augusta
if I can get on site to check out the caddy shack. I know it doesn't sound all that exciting but I think it would
be pretty cool and maybe sneak a peek at the property that most don't get to see.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:36 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I'll be visiting my parents for the holidays next week. My dad is checking with the caddie master at Augusta
if I can get on site to check out the caddy shack. I know it doesn't sound all that exciting but I think it would
be pretty cool and maybe sneak a peek at the property that most don't get to see.

That would be awesome, anything to do with Augusta would be.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I had a similar experience at Pebble Beach although you are allowed in. It was fun just to kick around and see it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I took last Friday off of work and went out to a dogtrack called Meadows in Blue Island. $25 for golf and range balls. Off the tee was dreadful with the driver. Every single shot went right. So I teed off with my hybrid after about the 7th hole and hit every one of them ~200-220 down the middle. Irons were really good. Had the distance pegged almost perfectly. Putting was just ok. Greens were pretty beat up and some of them had mud/ice, so those greens I took as a 2 putt once I was inside about 20'. Chipped twice for par, and put a 7 iron on a par 3 over water about 6 from the cup. It was probably the best I played with my irons all season :lol:

Ended up with 83 with winter conditions (2 putt greens if snow/mud, lift clean place, etc). Only two double bogeys, everything else was singles or pars. Probably would have been more like 86 in summer, but overall I was very pleased with the round, especially my iron play. That damn driver though...I hate that thing.

A lot of people don't know when to keep the driver in the bag. I don't know if it's a pride thing but 220 down the middle is more beneficial than 265 in the rough. At least for most golfers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I learned that once long ago after having had to walk nine with an old Asian lady. I zig zagged all over the place back and forth. She calmly plopped shot after shot down the middle. Beat my ass if I asked what her score was.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Peoria Matt wrote:

A lot of people don't know when to keep the driver in the bag. I don't know if it's a pride thing but 220 down the middle is more beneficial than 265 in the rough. At least for most golfers.

When I played in Georgia in October, there was trouble everywhere. On some of the par 4's, I was hitting a 5 iron off the tee. I only hit driver on long par 4's.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 668 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23