It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
The Highlands of Elgin is a phenomenal course. Total risk/reward, links-style course. Outside of the two jackasses we were paired with and my inconsistent play, it was a great day.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Got out to Erin Hills yesterday and it was glorious. Low 60s, light winds and sunny. Played with some great guys. This was my last round this year playing my
own ball so I wanted to go out with a positive experience. Front nine was a little rough as I chili dipped two approach shots and had a few bad breaks. I managed
to get to the turn with a 42. The back I started bogey, par bogey and then I started turning it on and played the last 6 holes one under with two birdies on the
two signature holes #15 and #18 carding a 37 on the back. I made a 5 foot birdie after a great approach on 18 for a score of 79. I won't bore you with the
details but it was just a great way to end the season. I need to go back and add up my stats and maybe I will share some of that as my last post in this thread
later this week.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:44 pm 

The Cobra Amp Cell irons are being moved on eBay for cheap. 4-PW w/regular flex for $199 shipped Buy it Now or by auction starting at $.01.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Going out for a chilly round tomorrow morning after the frost lifts. Figure I'll be lucky to get out 2 or 3 more times this year.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:34 am 

A new contender for Furious' 2016 irons. Love the sole grind.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:39 am 

Furious Styles wrote:

Those look nice. I am excited to start gathering info on new 2016 models for a new iron set purchase this offseason.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:41 am 

Last golf of the year tomorrow. I just went outside and it is high 40s and not that bad so I think that is what tomorrow is looking like.
Depends on the wind and like Frank mentioned, whether or not there is a frost delay. We have a 10am shotgun so I think that will
work out ok. 27 hole four man scramble. First prize is free 2016 membership. I am guessing that there will be some good weather
left this season but I am about all used up playing golf this year.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

43 + 40 = 83 with 10 pars, two 6s and two 7s this morning at Joe Louis. Overall the best I hit the ball in a long time. Two 3 putt bogeys and two bad approach shots kept me from being in the 70s for the first time ever. Really solid round, I am quite pleased.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:09 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Furious Styles wrote:
The Highlands of Elgin is a phenomenal course. Total risk/reward, links-style course. Outside of the two jackasses we were paired with and my inconsistent play, it was a great day.

I played there 2 years ago. Thought it was a great course. Really enjoyed it.

Playing Cantigny next week to close out the year. Never been. Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:12 am 

2015 golf season complete. 27 hole scramble tournament went about as well as could be expected with one of the guys backing out last minute.
The replacement wasn't able to contribute much so we ended up at -16 which was good enough for 8th place. You really have to kill it out there
for any chance to win and hit on all cylinders.

Highlight of the day was that after a particularly frustrating stretch the guy I golf with almost every weekend had a hole in one from 185 yards
away on a very difficult par 3. None of us saw it go in from the tee. We walked up there and saw another ball within 6 feet and figured the
other one bounded over. I peeked in the hole and sure enough, there it was. It was his first and understandably very happy about it.
That was good for one of three skins which paid out at $225 and 8th place got us a free round of golf so I made enough back to pay
for the entry fee. Overall it was a nice way to finish the season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:16 am 

T-Bone wrote:
2015 golf season complete. 27 hole scramble tournament went about as well as could be expected with one of the guys backing out last minute.
The replacement wasn't able to contribute much so we ended up at -16 which was good enough for 8th place. You really have to kill it out there
for any chance to win and hit on all cylinders.

Highlight of the day was that after a particularly frustrating stretch the guy I golf with almost every weekend had a hole in one from 185 yards
away on a very difficult par 3. None of us saw it go in from the tee. We walked up there and saw another ball within 6 feet and figured the
other one bounded over. I peeked in the hole and sure enough, there it was. It was his first and understandably very happy about it.
That was good for one of three skins which paid out at $225 and 8th place got us a free round of golf so I made enough back to pay
for the entry fee. Overall it was a nice way to finish the season.

Very cool and please tell him I said congrats.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:36 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Those look nice. I am excited to start gathering info on new 2016 models for a new iron set purchase this offseason.

I demoed the Callaway XR, Srixon Z355, Mizuno JPX-850 & Mizuno 2016 JPX-EZ irons w/ Nippon 950 reg. flex shafts yesterday at PGA Superstore. The 950 is a lightweight, high-launch, smooth shaft. The Callaway was average, the JPX-EZ was very harsh/dead feeling. The JPX-850 performed and felt great. The Srixons are a Gi-size head, but with a thin topline and minimal offset. Really impressive. Going to hit both of the contenders off grass in the spring and let turf interation decide.

T-Bone: i don't think the Srixon are going to be a good fit for you, since they are designed specifically for the 950 shaft and it is high-launch. Check out the Srixon Z545 or even the Z545/745 combo set they sell - players cavity-back in longer irons and blades in the shorter irons with many shaft options.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:29 am 

I was on vacation in FL and had some time to kill so hit some clubs in the cage as an initial run at making a decision. I pretty much had it narrowed
down to the Titleist 716 AP2, TaylorMade PSi, and Mizuno MP-15 models. Without getting truly fit and hitting more balls with each I was shocked
that I didn't hit the Titleist well and got zero feedback from them. I hit them the furthest but they felt awful, like they didn't even have a sweet spot.
The TaylorMade I hit well and there was a nice mix of distance and feel. The Mizunos I really liked. I went in there liking them the best and so I think
that may have skewed my results. When I hit it pure it felt like a soft click and I hit them straighter than the other irons. Also tried the Callaway Apex
but those felt like the Titleist.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:08 am 
100000 CLUB

I was going to try and get out one last time on Saturday before the Halloween festivities start, but the weather forecast has turned to complete shit. Upper 60s next week so perhaps a weekday round is in order, or maybe the temps will get near 60 on a weekend in November. The last round I played went very well, but I would still like to try and hit the links one more time before the winter hits. There is a small chance I might be playing in Disney World when we go in December, so if I'm not able to make it out I will hit up a heated/indoor range at least once.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:24 pm 

Sunday looks GLORIOUS for golf. Going to try and get out mid-morning, catch a little of the F1 race, followed by Jets/Raiders @ 3:05.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:28 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Shot 84 at Cantigny last week. First time I'd played a non-scramble in 3 years.

3 birdies. I was very pleased. I'll play again in 3 years.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Final day of vacation tomorrow Oct 30. 55 friggin degrees. Gotta get out and play. Finally hitting it straight after a struggle with my drives all season. Gonna enjoy it before the season ends. Screw winter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:41 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Shot 84 at Cantigny last week. First time I'd played a non-scramble in 3 years.

3 birdies. I was very pleased. I'll play again in 3 years.

Nice round Doc!!!

Talking about getting out and playing on Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:16 am 

Just got roped into playing a scramble next weekend. I really didn't want to play but it is someone my wife works with and
they needed someone. For $45 it is a nice course and they give you a free pass to play next season so that alone almost
makes it worthwhile even though there is no chance for us to win. Hopefully the weather works out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:18 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Just got roped into playing a scramble next weekend. I really didn't want to play but it is someone my wife works with and
they needed someone. For $45 it is a nice course and they give you a free pass to play next season so that alone almost
makes it worthwhile even though there is no chance for us to win. Hopefully the weather works out.

What course?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:39 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

What course?

Shepherds Crook.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:46 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

What course?

Shepherds Crook.

That is a hell of a deal, even this time of year especially considering you get a free round.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:48 pm 

Played last round of season today probably. Finally corrected my slice on drives. Found 34 balls in field that owed me at least 15 searching for my worst slice of year. Love it when corn is harvested.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:51 pm 

I haven't played in a couple months :(
All you slackers and your abundance of free time........ :wink:

I might try and spend half my winter at the new TopGolf just to keep a club in my hands

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:08 pm 

spanky wrote:

I might try and spend half my winter at the new TopGolf just to keep a club in my hands

:lol: Vacation. Next week looks like better weather though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:47 am 

I have a $30 credit in the clubhouse at Shepherds Crook, if I can't use it on merchandise I believe I will head over there this week
and try to play as much as I can from 3pm until dark to get my moneys worth.

Edit: I see sunset is like 4:45 now so I would have to play a bit earlier to make it worth my while.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:19 am 

I was right and couldn't use the credit in the clubhouse so I got there around 2:30 and played the front nine. The weather was warm
and it was very windy. Course was very wet as we got 2 inches of rain over the weekend. I really enjoyed playing and walking by myself.
I played one ball and then occasionally hit an extra shot for fun since I had nothing but time. Hit the ball pretty well for not playing in a few
weeks. Hit 5 greens and 5 fairways. Greens were still healing after aeration. I bogeyed the two par 3s which are tough on that course
but managed to birdie the 9th which is a par 5. I made some good chips and putts that saved my score which was a one over 36. I play
in a scramble at the same course Saturday and it is going to be pretty chilly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
spanky wrote:

An offseason meet at Top Golf is a great idea, we should all shoot for that this winter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:
I was right and couldn't use the credit in the clubhouse so I got there around 2:30 and played the front nine. The weather was warm
and it was very windy. Course was very wet as we got 2 inches of rain over the weekend. I really enjoyed playing and walking by myself.
I played one ball and then occasionally hit an extra shot for fun since I had nothing but time. Hit the ball pretty well for not playing in a few
weeks. Hit 5 greens and 5 fairways. Greens were still healing after aeration. I bogeyed the two par 3s which are tough on that course
but managed to birdie the 9th which is a par 5. I made some good chips and putts that saved my score which was a one over 36. I play

Which way was the wind blowing on #4? That hole becomes a par 4 really quickly if that wind is in your face.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:20 am 

shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Which way was the wind blowing on #4? That hole becomes a par 4 really quickly if that wind is in your face.

It was slightly downwind and left to right. I hit a 6 iron a little long over the right side and then pulled a 7 for fun and hit it pin high.
Was only playing about 180 from the tees I was at. It is a tough par 3 and the green is a bit ridiculous.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next